PDA

View Full Version : Is this goal reasonable/reachable?

Kherome
January 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I've never really set a hair goal before, I've just let it grow cause I wanted "long" hair.

Now that I'm here I decided to set a goal, because really, having something specific to shoot for is usually more productive than "eh."

So I decided to shoot for Tailbone by December. You can see my hair in my siggy, it's waist (I think) level. Is tailbone by Dec a reasonable/reachable goal? I can't say how fast my hair grows since I've only just started paying attention to it. But assuming average growth rate, is this reachable IYO? Thanks!

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I think tailbone is definitely reachable. it's a 5" difference from WL to BCL for me, so assuming you have similar proportions to me you'd get there about December. :eyebrows:

Henrietta
January 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM
On a siggy it seems to be longer than waist...:)
I'd really say it depends on how fast your hair grows. You have 12 months. Pessimistic version: 1 cm per month= 12 cm= 4,7 inches. Optimistic one: there are people who reach one inch per month. So you'll have 12 inches. How much do you need to reach TBL? I have TBL set at 40.8 inches for example and waist at 32. It's a good idea to measure all points= mini goals when you have a while;) And after more or less 3 months you should be able to know how fast your hair grows:)

Kherome
January 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Well I have no one to help measure so if my self measurements are accurate, and I'm pinning tailbone at the right spot, TBL is about 39 inches on me and I'm at 32 currently. 7 inches a year? That seems unlikely:( 6 inches a year is "average" so if I'm average I'll be close.

Ishje
January 15th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I dont know how often and how much you trim, but I certainly think you should be able to reach tailbone by December!

enfys
January 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Most people claim tailbone at the top of the "vertical smile". Butt crack length. Rather crude, but accurate.

A lot of people find their growth speeds up at the start of a new routine, so if there is a lot you can do like change to gentler handling methods or wearing updos you may get more than average growth by reducing breakage.

If you can't get there by then, you'll still be close. And goals are meant to be hard. If they were easy to achieve they wouldn't be worth trying for :flower:

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
wait.. are we talking legit bottom of the tailbone or LHC tailbone/BCL?

Legit tailbone, no you probably wont. BCL yes, you might, or you might be a tad short.. but very very close.

Henrietta
January 15th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Well I have no one to help measure so if my self measurements are accurate, and I'm pinning tailbone at the right spot, TBL is about 39 inches on me and I'm at 32 currently. 7 inches a year? That seems unlikely:( 6 inches a year is "average" so if I'm average I'll be close.

Hey... Replace the violet smilie with a yellow one:)
I strongly believe that the lack of smiling retards hair growth. You've said that until now you didn't monitore your average hair growth. So, who knows? Maybe you are one of those people who have a stunning spurt in the summer? TBL until December is possible! ;)

Pandora.
January 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think it seems very reasonable. :)

Your hair looks so much longer than waist in your signature tbh.

Kherome
January 15th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Well I guess we'll see what happens! I'm hoping!

princessp
January 15th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, I think you'll get there before Dec. too. But I guess it depends on how those growing months go and if you end up trimming.

Braidy
January 15th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I think your goal is definitely manageable! Happy growing!

SheaLynne
January 15th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I was at waist at the beginning of 2010 (32-33 inches?) and I did monthly 0.25-inch trims all year (so a total of 3 inches trimmed), and I reached upper tb (bcl) by the end of the year (37.25 inches), and I'll be at true tb in the next month or two (39-40 inches). My hair grows pretty consistently at 0.75 inch per month.

You can see pics in my "trimming progress" album.

Good luck...it's a good goal!

Kherome
January 15th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Well I'll give it a shot and see where I end up with it. At the very least I should make it to hip length I guess.

Fufu
January 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Definitely reachable :)

UltraBella
January 16th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I get an inch of growth easily each month, maybe you will grow quicker than average :)

Dragon
January 16th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I think it’s possible depending on how much you trim.

Kherome
January 16th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I wish I had been paying attention before to how fast my hair grows so I at least had an idea! When I can wrangle some assistance, I think I'll steal one of my hubby's white teeshirts, and have him put a sharpie line at the bottom of my length so I can keep checking for growth.