PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!!!

Wheatland
January 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Last night, very late, I was reading through some threads and I kept noticing the use of "Congratulations on your hair growth!" It wasn't until last night that I found that extremely funny. Like, laughing wildly at 5 AM funny. It's like congratulating someone for blinking or breathing. Growing your hair is just a natural bodily function, but I love that so many people who care so much about their hair can come together and find others that think this is one of the nicest compliments you can give!

Such loving and kind people. The internet is amazing! :cheese:

P.S. Congratulations on your hair growth!

(By the way, I know that some people have a hard time growing their hair, and that at times that comment may be made in response to such conditions, please don't take offense. I'm talking generally.)

Fethenwen
January 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hah :p Now that you mentioned it, it is kinda funny in that sense.

But I do see it more like - congrats on the growth, that you have not cut your hair due to damage or impatience.

turquoisebud
January 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
It is kind of funny! :p I guess we mean congratulations as I congrats you haven't cut, heat-style, etc. I never thought about it that way. :)

Sammich
January 15th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rofl. I do agree. ;) You're pretty awesome yourself.

Congrats everyone on your daily, normal hair growth! :D

craftybunn
January 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
:silly: Hah!
and congratulations on breathing and blinking and walking and eating and waking up and...
It's a good day!!

tinti
January 15th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Haha, yeah, it's pretty funny when you see it that way :)

Sylvanas
January 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Haha, I guess it's the same with birthdays, then... "Ooooh, well done! You've aged!"

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I say congrats because its an accomplishment, naturally occurring or not, if someone's excited enough to post about it then it's worth praising. :shrug:

jojo
January 15th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I suppose it is kinda funny when put that way, but on the flip side some people may have compulsions to cut or have problems with pulling hair out (Trichotillomania) or basically have always feel pressurised into having short hair, so for me saying congratulations is saying well done for sticking to your guns and allowing your hair to grow despite other influences.

Rini
January 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I say congrats because its an accomplishment, naturally occurring or not, if someone's excited enough to post about it then it's worth praising. :shrug:

Agreed. Often it's not congratulating the person on the growth, but rather on the growth of healthy hair which takes work and patience.

(reminds me of what my 9 yr old son said to his cousin today on her having just turned 8, he said "I hear you've just turned 8. Good job!" LOL )

Henrietta
January 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hah :p Now that you mentioned it, it is kinda funny in that sense.

But I do see it more like - congrats on the growth, that you have not cut your hair due to damage or impatience.

I agree:) And although of course it is natural, and out hair generally will grow no matter what we do, HERE it is a reason to make a party:)

pepperminttea
January 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Agreed. Although I have to admit, on birthdays, I am suppressing the thought "Woo! I've not died for another year!"

Wheatland
January 15th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Yes, like I said in my original post I am not saying that it doesn't make sense, but that the wording of it is just funny, especially when taken out of context and that I understand that it really means more.

It was just a bit of fun.