PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary

Qadupae
January 15th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Well, I'm a couple of days late on this ^_^ I had trouble finding time to get a picture taken. Needless to say, my hair is happy I found this place. When I came to LHC, I was dying my hair like mad and cutting it at about 2 inches consistently because I didn't want to both with it.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4703&pictureid=60581
I tried to let my natural color grow out for a while and starting doing CO as my hair got longer. Here's my hair about at 6 months:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4703&pictureid=76591
I miss dying though, so I've been doing my old dark brown colors again, just as temporary dyes until I figure out if I want to do permanent, henna, or whatever else my imagination decides on ^_^ I am also testing out WO with a lemon juice/vinegar rinse since I am sick of spending so much money on shampoos and conditioners. I still have mad layers at a little above chin and I am battling a hair stall, but hopefully I might make it to BSL by the end of summer! My vitamin routine right now is just a regular multivit and Chondotrin Glucosamine. I used to take more vits, but I get sick of so many pills :( Here's my hair today, mostly dry after a lemon juice rinse, and almost APL ^_^ Sorry for the dirty mirror ><
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4703&pictureid=93495
Thank you LHC for all of your wonderful advice and great fellow members to help support me along my journey ^_^ Its been hard at times, but pictures like this help keep my growing!

Cupofmilk
January 15th, 2011, 02:42 AM
well done - your hair has grown really well. And I love the colour.

hanne jensen
January 15th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks beautiful and congrats on your growth!

Lostsoule77
January 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Looking good! Congratulations on the anniversary. :)

turquoisebud
January 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Happy Anniversary! :) Looking good.

Sammich
January 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Congrats on your anniversary. Really gorgeous hair colour. ;)

I'm still dying like crazy! Though I'm going to try and give up now! :) I want my soft virgin hair.

tinti
January 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair looks great, love your color!

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Lovely progress. I like the cute little V your hair is growing in. Congrats on 1 year of growth. :D

cmnt831
January 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Happy anniversary! Great progress. :)

Qadupae
January 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thank you everyone for your compliments ^_^ We can thank some of the color vividness on that vinegar rinse, it really darkened and saturated the color even more.

Sammich: Its hard, I must admit ^_^ I had virgin hair for a while, but it was so washed out and didn't flatter my face at all, at least not where I work under flourescent lights all day >< Maybe someday I shall join you and others once again in the virgin growth again.

Anywhere: Feye's self trimming method ^_^ I did it with the V tutorial about 4 months ago and its been nicely filling into that shape since.

jojo
January 15th, 2011, 11:19 AM
What great growth you have, BSL I predict late summer but by Christmas most definatelly, especially with your growth rate.

I agree with previous posters your hair looks very healthy and the colour is beautiful

Avital88
January 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I like your color it looks quite purpleish in the picture what is really cute! Happy growing!

Loreley
January 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Happy anniversary! :)