PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a length where they plan to pause?

ibleedlipstick
January 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I recently went through an 8 month period of shedding that caused me to lose about two inches in circumference from my ponytail. It is slowly starting to come back, and I have a bunch of two inch growth all over.

I plan on growing to waist, and then maintaining until my hair is all the same length, more or less.

Is there anyone else who is doing this? I know I should probably just do it now, but my hair is only APL and it is still fairly thick, so it is kind of awkward. Plus, I want to feel my hair all down my back this summer :p.

angelfell
January 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I'm planning on getting to waist length and maintaining, as well. Mainly because I'm not sure if I want to grow any farther :p. That, and at that point, I'm going to be growing out my dreaded layers, and hopefully ridding of most of the damage. And when that's all gone, and it's nice and perdy.. maybe I'll grow longer.

lingxi
January 14th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I want to grow to just past the curve of my waist and maintaining it at that. Then I can get rid of all the damage at the bottom :) And maybe focus more on the shape than length right now.

Kome
January 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I plan to pause at waist for awhile and thicken' up... especially since I lost A LOT of hair over the winter break. I was super stressed about things going on and lost 4 times my normal amount of hair every shower... possibly more. It's thinned out a lot on the ends and I am very sad about this. I am trying to stay positive as I know I'll hit waist by the summer. Then I plan to thicken it up a little bit for a couple of months at least. I definately want to even it out if anything so it'll probably be by the end of the year before I start growing past that. It's disappointing, but patience makes for good results in the end. :)

Kome
January 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I guess waist is the normal place for us long hairs to pause and trim up. Haha. That's funny.

virgo75
January 14th, 2011, 08:52 PM
That's so funny, before I read the responses I automatically thought "waist." lol

But yeah, I would pause at waist if my ends are uneven to trim them up slowly as it grows out. Then again, I think getting to waist would make me more impatient to get past it. :p

Athena's Owl
January 14th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'm doing this currently. amusingly enough, the length I am maintaining at for this year is at tailbone, but dry and curly it comes up to just past waist, lol.

2peasinapod
January 14th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm going to buck the trend! :p I plan to pause at BSL to get rid of my layers (only trimmed once since pixie). They don't look bad when I have my hair down, but it's so frustrating because i can't do a lot of the styles for my length without all the layers poking out!

If I like the length, then I hope to join the rest of you at waist! :)

Una
January 14th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Another waist here! My true goal is hip, but I really feel that I need to maintain at waist for about a year or so. I am growing out yucky layers and sun damage.

I admire everyone's patience! It seems a common virtue among longhaired folk :)

musicallberrii
January 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I plan to pause at my goal length (tailbone) and then maintain to get rid of layers and damage. Eventually I want to have tailbone length healthy hair.. then maybe grow longer if I decide to!

Aurantia
January 14th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Yep, waist for me too. I want to get my bangs and layers all to a blunt cut and then allow my hair to fairy tale down to tailbone.

Mmmmm fairy tale ends... :pegasus:

myrrhmaiden
January 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yep, waist.

I've been growing out damage since I started (16") and now I am 3" shy of waist. I just want to get there first, then I'll trim, I swear!

I have icky layers too. They need to go. I also have a good 4 or 5 inches of virgin roots. I have lots of ickies to get rid of. Waist and then maintain...or maybe do the whole "trim a 1/4" for every 1/2" of growth thing... hmmmm

Qadupae
January 15th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I'm pausing at BSL since I have far too many bad layers to try and grow it to waist and still look good >< Once I get the shortest layers to APL, I might continue growing again after that.

Fufu
January 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I will maintain it at waist, anything longer than that, I just feel it's too hot and humid to manage.

milagro
January 15th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I'm planning on getting to waist length and maintaining, as well. Mainly because I'm not sure if I want to grow any farther :p. That, and at that point, I'm going to be growing out my dreaded layers, and hopefully ridding of most of the damage. And when that's all gone, and it's nice and perdy.. maybe I'll grow longer.

That's my goal as well. I don't think I will grow longer, I will be perfectly satisfied with about WL unstretched, and I have old minor damage to get rid of gradually.

OperaTeacherMom
January 15th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I'll probably pause at waist as well, depending on how my hair looks at that point. It's still at least 1.5 years away, so we'll see when I get there!

vindo
January 15th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I have "paused" at Classic since 2008 :/
At first I was only trimming off layers, the hair loss struck and since November 2010 I am finally going for length again.
After gaining some length I might pause somewhere around thigh length.

kitten1986
January 15th, 2011, 01:38 AM
My Goal is waist but I will pause at BSL to cut the damage and dye out of my hair and reevaluate the shape.

I am currently at APL after my last trim my growth has stalled massively... I have been pretty stressed too and its shedding more than usual so BSL feels soooo far away!
But no more trims till BSL and then I will go into maintenence mode for abit :D thats the plan anyway!

Meridon
January 15th, 2011, 05:43 AM
My goal is tailbone (for now hehe), I'm at waist now, but I am trimming half my growth off each month to give my layers time to catch up and the hemline to thicken. When I get to tailbone, whether I decide to stay or not, I will at least be pausing there to thicken that hemline.

*Aoife*
January 15th, 2011, 05:47 AM
I had planned on pausing at BSL until I could thicken my hair up a little. But I've been hovering around BSL for months now and I'm not mad on it so I just don't know where to go from here.

ingvild
January 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM
My plan is to grow my length to BSL (27 ish inches) and then maintain until my layers catch up. :D Then I might continue towards waist. My main goal is a thick braid, so I'll take that over length. :cheese:

eresh
January 15th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'm currently maintaining my length (knee).
Want to try to thicken up the ends AND also ponder if I want to grow longer or not.

constantki
January 15th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I plan to grow to classic and then maintain until my ends are more blunt, healthy, and thick.

julliams
January 15th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I'm growing until April 2011 and then I'm maintaining at waist until I grow all my layers out. Then I will re-evaluate my goal and decide if I need to grow to hip, or cut layers in again. I don't know if I want a blunt hemline or not and really, there is only one way to find out. Plus it gives me some mini goals for this year to get through.

Gabriel
January 15th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I'm growing towards fingertip. That's a little more than half way to knee for me. It will take probably two years. I'll hold there, thicken up my hemline and decide if anything longer is for me.

bunzfan
January 15th, 2011, 06:34 AM
As i have layers between shoulder and APL i will grow to waist and then do micro trims regularly to get rid of my layers:mad:

GeoJ
January 15th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I was going to grow to knee length, then maintain it there to thicken my hemline. Unfortunately, I had a ton of shedding (lost 1.25 inches of circumference) and now my length doesn't look good. So, I plan to trim a half inch off every month to help thicken up again. I often get more than a half inch of growth, so I might get to knee slowly with this method. I think I'll be doing this for years while I wait for my regrowth to get all the way down to my hemline.

Annushka
January 15th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I've paused just above tailbone for a year while I trim off very thin and damaged ends. I'd really love to reach tailbone and then maintain there for awhile, but my ends are just too damaged. My hair used to grow 1/2 inch a month, but for the past 6 months or so I've only gained 1/4 per month, possibly due to damaged ends crumbling off. :(

I'll probably continue to pause here this year and hopefully then all the nastiness will be gone and I can then go for length in 2012.

ancilla
January 15th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Yes, I will do this when my hair reaches tailbone. (if it ever does!)

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
BCL stretched is my pause point. I'm going to maintain here until I grow my layers out, then proceed to my goal, classic stretched.

jaine
January 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I plan to pause briefly at each milestone for a professional shape-up (shoulder, APL, BSL, waist) because having a wonky shape bothers me much more than a lack of length. I'll doubt I'll want it to get more than a few inches past waist length but we'll see.

willowcandra
January 15th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I had major hairloss and have recently cut from classic to waist. I plan to grow to Tailbone. Not sure if I will grow back to classic again. I like tailbone better. But if I do grow it won't be untill my new hairs have reached the end.

Calaelen
January 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I might pause when I get to mid thigh. I am almost at classic, I think an inch or less away, and I really want to hit knee length before my 30th b-day (in 5 years). I may pause at mid thigh to thicken up my ends a little, but it depends on the health of my hair at that point. Right now, I have very healthy looking fairytale ends, that don't taper too much, and I want to keep the fairytale look, so it is just a matter of seeing what happens.

rosieex3
January 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Right now I am maintaining at about waist length to get rid of some damage, eventually I'll grow to hip and probably stop at about there. :)

Francoise1606
January 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I think I'm going to pause between BSL and waist and just trim a few inches a couple of times, to get rid of the last layers. I am currently doing microtrims/dustings to get rid of the last damage but I still have the annoying layers.

LindsayNichole
January 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I'm currently growing to tailbone, then I'll probably cut back to waist to help even out the layers, and get rid of some damage. Then I'll probably cut back to waist every so often to help the layers (especially the used-to-be bangs) catch up. So...sort of pausing at waist!

GRU
January 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Add me to the "waist" group. I'm technically there-and-then-some, but like Athena's Owl mentioned, shrinkage when dry makes things appear different than they really are. :rolleyes: (my hair reaches my Vertical Smile when wet)

My bangs/fringe have been growing out for about 7 years now, and they're only about BSL. And due to lots of pre-LHC breakage, my ends, while not technically 'layered', aren't all the same length. So my ultimate goal is to get ALL of my hair to waist when dry, and I think I'll be happy enough with that. It's already way longer than it's ever been in my entire life, so everything from this point forward is just a bonus in my eyes.

Joliebaby
January 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I was planning on waist too, to maintain until I get rid of my layers (4" or so) but waist is only 4" away now and I've started to think it's not very long at all. Maybe at hip it would actually feel like waist - the LHC waist at the narrowest point maybe won't be satisfying enough to stall at!!
I'll see how badly I want to get rid of the layers when I get to waist. But yeah, I plan on getting rid of the layers, I might even end up doing it in one swoop, or I might just trim a half inch every couple of months to still get some slower growth.
I don't really have a final goal either so I'll just go by how I will feel. But waist is my holy grail of lengths, must get there to feel like my hair is getting long! Only after that I will consider trimming off any more growth.

Buddaphlyy
January 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'm maintaining at just past SL right now because I had a major setback late last year and I lost about half my thickness. Once I get that back and my hair is healthy, I will continue on in length. I have given myself 2 years to get my thickness back, but I doubt it will take that long.

Hannah83
January 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I plan to grow to tailbone then maintain there for a while to thicken it up after my big shedding last spring. I'm currently between hip and tailbone. :)

HairFaerie
January 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I am thinking of somewhere between waist and tailbone and then re-evaluating the situation. I don't think I will grow past tailbone (just a personal preference.)
I am not a fan of a blunt hemline on my hair, so I think the layers will add character.
I guess when I get to that point, I will have to see what's going on.

thisischristine
January 15th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I think waist, but I am extremely high waisted, so think elbow length. It's a long way off though...

constancev18
January 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I'm aiming for full WL but will probably not trim until Dec--I'm afraid of split ends & need to buy some good scissors.

skyblue
January 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I just join this wonderful forum about a week ago, my hair is just reaching TB but my hair has layers and my hem line is quite thin so I think I'm going to stop at TB for a while, work more on getting my hair healthy and letting the rest of my hair catch up

mira-chan
January 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I reached my main goal of thigh and will be maintaining here until my hair is in a better state than now after two big sheds.

heidihug
January 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I'm paused right now at 50 inches, and plan on hanging out here until the hemline is thickened up just a bit.

Florida Mom
January 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I am just past TB, and will pause either at Classic (hopefully) or somewhere in between to thicken up and decide on going longer.

princessp
January 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking TB now, but in reality probably not until classic.

chelseamichelle
January 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Originally I was going to grow to waist, and maintain it there to get rid of layers and dye. As you can see in my signiture picture, i'm past waist.. aaand I haven't even trimmed it once :o I really can't bring myself to cut it because i'm still SO unhappy with the length, so the new plan is to grow to my goal and maintain it there. :P

MandyBeth
January 15th, 2011, 07:42 PM
APL or BSL, to get rid of the henna. Depends on what my hair is doing and how annoyed I get. Max for me is waist or hip.

santie
January 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm aiming for waist length, and then I'll trim off all these horrendous layers!

ArienEllariel
January 15th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking of pausing at BSL.. I'm exactly at BSL when wet at the moment. I don't know though.. I may wait longer if my hair doesn't start behaving badly. Honestly it doesn't seem to bad to me right now. If only I could get my camera and the computer to cooperate... My albums are in desperate need of an update.

Eboshi
January 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I'm back at mid-thigh after cutting off 2 inches of wispies and will pause at knee-length to continue thickening up my hemline. If my rate of growth holds steady, knee-length should be achieved by late Summer.

christine1989
January 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm planning on trimming and thickening up at waist then deciding on how much longer to go.

Shay0969
January 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
My hair is exactly like my avatar.

I plan on stopping at BSL, allowing my layers to grow out a little, mostly because the upper layers will still have old dye job on them. The color (burgundy) is mostly gone, but the damage is there--I can feel it in the texture of my hair.

I'm so excited about my long hair journey, that I couldn't think about pausing before BSL--but I'm certain by then I will want the top layer of ick hair to be removed. Right now I'm researching how to care for that damaged hair until I'm ready to lose it.

Elphie
January 21st, 2011, 04:26 PM
I plan on stopping at tailbone. My original goal was waist but I've decided to pass that a little.

Belledandy
January 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM
I was going to maintain at waist to thicken up and get rid of dye, but then I kind of forgot about my length since it was bunned most of the time. I had put it up one day and noticed a thicker bun and when I took it back down I noticed I had gone past waist! (Yay!) Now I'm just kind of letting it do it's thing since I like the extra bulk in my buns. I may start doing micro trims this year, though.

Dark Queen
January 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
I suppose I'm paused at classic since I just recently trimmed it there. I'd love to let it grow to term (or floor whichever happens first), but I feel like it needs to thicken up more. I'm self conscious about my skinny ends :o.

Spring
January 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
pausing at waist for sure :)

Felix_D
January 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
I wanted to grow forever, but I think I might pause at my shoulders to let my short layers play catch-up and thicken my ends. It will be the longest my hair has ever been. O_O

Mesmerise
January 21st, 2011, 08:15 PM
Going to stop at waist to allow my hair to thicken up after its massive shedding... at the moment it's very thin and stringy :( Hoping that if I just get it to waist and leave it there with regular trims it will eventually start looking good again! Hope it doesn't take tooooo long though... it's when it gets thin like this that I usually chop off a few inches...but since being on this forum I've decided not to do that!

I'm currently errm maybe 3" above waist length (I had about 1.5" cut the other day)... so should be there in a few months.

Avital88
January 24th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Once i'm at tailbone i will maintain for a while, not sure how long yet.
I just want my hemline to be very thick when im that lenght,so it will break less and not tangle.
I guess i need 6 months pause, i have like 3 inches of hair that are prone to split and tangle, but i really dont want to cut them off right now.Its still ok and not really noticable but damage caused by irons must be cut off one day,so it will be after summer i guess.

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I joined the forum with a goal of growing to waist, however that changed quickly to classic.

I am now a little past waist and I get the feeling my hair is going to thin out as it gets longer, so wherever it starts to look see through I shall maintain; which i am feeling will be hip length.

Fufu
January 24th, 2011, 09:34 AM
For now waist.. perhaps when I reach waist, I may end at tailbone :)

bluesnowflake
January 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm going to get to hip and maintain for a couple of months because I have bits in the front that were originally cut to be "face-framing" but now are more "chest-framing" and I want to get it truly all one length.

Intransigentia
January 24th, 2011, 10:16 AM
When I joined, I was at APL and thought I'd pause at BSL and let my layers catch up there. But now I've hit BSL and my shortest layer is APL and it only took five months to get from APL to BSL and my ends look healthy so why get a cut now? Now I'm wondering if I should let my short layer get to BSL, then cut everything back, or hold out for waist.

In the absence of an actual decision, I'll probably grow until the ends are looking too thin for my taste, and then cut back as far as necessary to thicken up the hemline. Who knows how long that will take.

SandraRebekka
January 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I just joined this community and my current length is waist. I plan to grow to tailbone and then IŽll see if I like it or want more. I have a straight hemline but I also have two layers. I donŽt plan to grow them out since I like the life the give my hair (it is ultra straight)!

NouvelleNymphe2
February 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
:oops: Ok so I'm a little embarrassed to share because waist seems to be par for the course, and I'm still a super shortie. I'm growing out from pixie and I really dislike the uneven-ness. So I have paused at chin and am totally evening up before proceeding further. Lovin the thickness. So when this work is done I'll be on my way to growing 100% natural hair that is all evened up. I will grow until it won't grow anymore!! :cheese:

spidermom
February 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'm at my goal length of classic length and will maintain here for at least one year (Dec 2011) because that was my plan, and I'm teaching myself to stick with a plan, although it hasn't worked for anything but my hair so far.

krissykins
February 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
I'm planning to pause right now (at waist) because I want to get rid of the damaged, pre-LHC hair. It's in better condition since I've been treating it better, but it tangles too much and it just needs to go :(

Bluegrass Babe
February 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
I don't plan on growing longer than waist. For now, anyway. I trim back to BSL when it hits waist so I can get rid of flat iron damage and faded dye on the tips.

I have a halo of 3 different lengths - sprouts, ears, and shoulders! I am hoping most of these catch up by the time the damage is gone and I can get another 1/2 inch in thickness.

I'll try the "Leo in full moon" trim Feb. 18 since I skipped my microtrim for Jan.

Luminescence
February 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'd like to stop somewhere between tailbone and classic - stop when I start sitting on it :)
That's what I did the first time I grew my hair out, when I was 9 or 10...

Rabenstolz
February 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
I guess waist is the normal place for us long hairs to pause and trim up. Haha. That's funny.

Weird. I'm another one...

Guess the waist is simply a flattering place for many of us to maintain our hair lengths?

I had mine trimmed an inch today. While I thought it was an inch or two above waist-length before, looking in the mirror now it still appears to be only about an inch from my natural waist - and that's with the ends curling under! Odd. Good, but odd. Perhaps the dead ends were shrinking up and not contributing anything to my length.

insomniac-uk
February 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
Waist not sure if i will get there, so far everytime i try to grow it past BSL the ends get really damaged :(

Malibu Barbie
February 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
I think I'll stay between tailbone and classic.

Angeletti
February 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
I'm currently at classic and plan on pausing here for a good year (or until I can get my ends thick and blunt). My ultimate goal will be mid-thigh.

omnivore
February 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Yep! Plan on pausing at waist to even up a layer and let my (former) fringe catch up. My original plan was to pause at bsl to even up the layer, then grow on to waist and maybe beyond while keeping the fringe. This was until last week when I found a gorgeous sparklie growing in my fringe, and I just can't bring myself to cut it. I am at barely bsl now, and loving how my hair is starting to feel kind of long. I am going to have to pause long enough as it is for the bangs to catch up, it might as well be a longer pause for longer hair.

Yes, I am growing out my bangs because of a grey hair.:rolleyes:

Rivanariko
February 1st, 2011, 09:21 PM
At this point I'm tentatively thinking of pausing at Classic, but it might end up being more of a pause at TBL. I'm planning to keep growing and do maybe one more microtrim before July, at which point I should be at Classic and I'll re-evaluate whether I want to cut back to TBL for my wedding or not. My ends are starting to look a little on the thin side as it is, so that's probably what I'll end up doing. If I have to stay at classic or TBL forever to keep blunt ends, that's okay with me. Fairytale doesn't work for my hair.

darklion
February 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'd like to pause when it's fully waist, maybe a touch longer.
I need to get used it being that long... like when you sit back and lean on it (like the car and such). Plus, I need time to learn the new hairdo. I seem to struggle with them... I watch the video... it looks easy, yet I can't to it on my own!!!

AZDesertRose
February 1st, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm holding at waist to grow out layers and bangs/fringe. I actually am a little past waist right now, so I'm going to trim it once it's dry (just washed it tonight).

aimison
February 1st, 2011, 09:57 PM
I'm planning on maintaining at waist/hip for a while and letting my ends thicken up a bit before I go any farther in my hair journey.

dragonmyst
February 1st, 2011, 10:36 PM
I am just a wee bit past BSL and am planning on going to tailbone then maintaining it there to grow out the henna-over bleach. Once that is all grown out I'm on to terminal I think....

Macaroni
February 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM
I've been waistlength for years, which is exactly where I want to be.

Quezie
February 2nd, 2011, 12:42 AM
I'm also growing to waist, which has been my goal for awhile. I have a lot of hair on my top layer that are 1/2-3/4s the length of the rest of my hair that need to catch up. I think it must be breakage. :(

vanillabones
February 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Ill pause at BSL to get rid of inchessssss of bleach damage :(
but I definitely need to trim once it gets to fully shoulder length and probably another trim at armpit length. My hair hasnt been armpit length for about 4 years or more. I'm afraid I'm getting breakage since I've been growing it out from a white bleached pixie. I'm using demi permanent dye now for my natural color. My poor hair.

Cailie
February 2nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
I hope waist !

Pyvsi
February 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
If my hair ever gets to my waist I plan to even up the hemline there - and then grow till i can't take it anymore.

RachieBaby
February 3rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
I plan to pause somewhere between BSL and waist to let my ends thicken up before going onto hip! So probably around this time next year i'll be pausing if all goes well :)

Vercelli
February 3rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
I would like to maintain my hair at tailbone length - this is where I am right now but my main goal is to gain thickness, so I mictrotrim regularly.

squiggyflop
February 3rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
i will be maintaining at classic when curly (45 inches on curly days)
with my usual waves i can never tell how wavy my hair will dry on a given day.. so im going for my curliest measurement at classic..
in my siggy on a relatively straight hair day (mild braid waves) im already at can i call this classic length, which is 41 inches

akurah
February 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I WAS going to pause at waist... now I'm past! :shrug:

Rosalaun
February 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Yet another waist here - It'll take about 1.5 years to get there, then I want to grow out my layers and possibly my fringe all to the same length (not to fussed about gettting the fringe perfect at the moment) and get a nice hemline, then I'll grow on until classic and re-evaluate my goals. I'll probably end up going longer than classic eventually.

AerithMoon
February 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I'm going to maintain somewhere between APL and BSL to let my layers catch up a bit and trim off old bleach/dye damage. SO tempted to cut it all off now, but I have to remind myself... I hate having short hair!:mad:

Anje
February 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
I've been paused at tailbone for quite a long time now... since late 2008, I think. I'm hoping it'll thicken up, but am starting to have my doubts.

Maybe I should just shoot for classic and see what happens.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Maybe I should just shoot for classic and see what happens.

Go for it. You have a GREAT hemline. I didn't think a finey could grow their hair that long. It really is just lovely.

BeachBabe91
February 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Yep. Waist!

einna
February 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
BSL. I need to grow out some very short layers and some old hair color. I dont want to loose any lenght right now (APL+), so I`ll wait untill it gets a little longer. Then I will get a good trim or two, and decide if I`m going to grow longer.

Stagecoach
February 3rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
I'm paused at knee. Right now I have no plans to go further, but who knows.

dragonfrog
February 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I've been paused at tailbone for a year or so, slowly cutting off dye damage from 2005. I think one more 2-3" trim will just about do it!

Once it is completely gone, and my ends are satisfactorily thick, I will go at least for classic. I've been about midway between tailbone and classic a couple of times, and I find it to be an inconvenient length (just starting to sit on hair, etc.), so I want to make sure my ends are nice and thick enough that I won't need to trim back right after reaching classic. Although, I can't say for sure I will like classic better, since my hair has never been that long, but I guess I'll find out.

Chamy
February 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I will soon be at waist, and when i reach it i will pause to thicken up everything. I want my braid to be the same thickness all the way down to the tassel. :)

Leneveu
February 9th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm going to pause at TB (only an inch or two away, now :)).

jackiesjottings
February 9th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I am semi pausing at classic to even up my ends a bit.. semi pausing as I know I won't want to pause for long as my quest is now mid thigh!

BrightEyes
February 9th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I was just thinking about this. I have at least 10 inches of highlighted hair that I want to grow out. I was just going to get small trims as I grow to slowly get rid of it, but I keep finding small broken blonde hairs everywhere. So I've been wondering if I should maintain at either SL or APL and trim monthly until all the highlighted parts are gone. Not quite sure though. I hate the idea of waiting LONGER to get to my goal length (at least BSL, maybe a bit longer).

Veviticus
February 9th, 2011, 09:00 AM
My hair has never been as long as it is now. I never imagined that I could get the length that I have...so...I want to try to get to classic length.
Oh yes, this long hair journey will teach you patience if nothing else.

wendy51
February 9th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I think i will maintain at BSL and make it thicker :)
Or i will probably want to gain even more length.. mmm i don't know for the moment i am not feeling like that

but i so want at that length and obssessed by length in general that MAYBE i will want longer xD