PDA

View Full Version : Donating hair in Australia

Nat242
January 14th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone,

My partner is about to cut his hair (sob!). He's got about 81cm (LHC measuring system). He still wants long-for-a-man hair...covering the ears, probably. He reckons "Rolling Stone length", so I think there will still be plenty to donate.

Any ideas where, in Australia, he could donate his hair? It hasn't been coloured or heat treated.

Many thanks.

lingxi
January 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Locks of Love (USA) accepts international donations, I haven't heard of anything in Australia. Perhaps you could call up your local cancer council and see if they can help. Also check that the hairdresser that cuts it knows you're donating as the hair has to be cut in a certain way. Good luck :)

Capybara
January 14th, 2011, 07:20 PM
**Disclaimer - I have not donated to any of these organizations, so I do not know their policies/exactly what they do with the donated hair. This website seemed promising, though, so I thought you might be interested.**
The following link has 2 options for donating hair in Australia. http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/hair-donations.php

Personally, I would vouch for the Pantene Beautiful lengths program, however shipping to the USA or Canada may be expensive to use this program. I have donated to them twice, and have no complaints.

Good luck!