PDA

View Full Version : picture find - layered

LHCMAN
January 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AdP1K.jpg

Found this on reddit… shudder:

dwjdxo2008
January 14th, 2011, 04:54 PM
oh..wow...may be 4~5months later when her hair grows out it may look better?

Marchpane
January 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Eeek! Horror haircut lol!

angelfell
January 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I mean, maybe some people want their hair like that.. but it's so blunt and not... natural looking :x.

Alvrodul
January 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEK!!:disbelief:scared:
How old was that "hairdresser"? Four years old?shudder::run:

GlassWidow
January 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
yeah, that's when you chop it off at the lowest common denominator (aka the shortest layer).

I had something similar happen years and years and years ago. Luckily I had more curl back then and it just made my hair really full....or at least I convinced myself of that. :rolleyes:

Jules diamond
January 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Augh... I had one of those once. Took months to grow out and it looked awful, even with the wavy hair to cover it up a little.

Caldonia Sun
January 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mark of a great stylist.

Vani1902
January 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
If a stylist did this to me, I would file a law suit.

jojo
January 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
OMG! where did she get it cut the institute for the blind? thats awful, id have to cut short

Lostsoule77
January 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM
That is soo bad! I think I would attempt another stylist before I cut it all off. Poor girl.

Una
January 14th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Maybe it will be fashionable in the future........waaaaaaaaaaay in the future.

ddiana1979
January 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
A good stylist could probably fix that, actually. Or at least make it look much better than it does now. :(

AuburnAlight
January 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Ugh... that's awful...

lingxi
January 14th, 2011, 06:14 PM

yeah...what Vani1902 said...
that is terrible!

Elenna
January 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM
My first thought was that it was some kind of new hair style, but then everyone else was saying nope just a REALLY bad hair cut.

Zaane
January 14th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I mean.... she DID get layers :P <- all kidding aside, maybe she actually wanted it like that?

HannahDelicious
January 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Holy stairs made of hair batman!

enfys
January 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
If I had a cut like that I wouldn't post it on the internet...

I hope that it was in reality someone who was cutting their hair short anyway so played about with it for humour's sake.

rhosyn_du
January 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Does anyone else remember the brief period back in the late 80's where that kind of layering was trendy? I was so sad as a kid that my hair was too curly for it to work on me. :doh:

Anywhere
January 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I agree that it must have been someone who was going to cut short messing around anyway. The majority of the "layers" look like an a-line bob in the making.

and I doubt anyone would leave a salon with a haircut like that..

Dragon
January 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
They are the worst layers I have ever seen.

Emerald88
January 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM

OMG! where did she get it cut the institute for the blind? thats awful, id have to cut short

Um, yes, what they said. I don't know if I would break down & cry or hold the stylist down & make her a twin.:p

jasper
January 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I have seen this hair cut on girls I know. They used large barreled curling irons to put what I want to call "vertical" curls into it. It looked good when curled, but strange on straight days.

christine1989
January 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'd sue plain and simple.

ericthegreat
January 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I'm also thinking that this picture has to be a joke as well. Remember a few years back there was a youtube video with this exact same premise, you know the one where a young bride was with her two bridesmaids and she was so freaked out about her wedding that she took some scissors and cut off all her own hair? Well, the whole thing turned out to be a prank, and the young woman wasn't getting married and she was planning on cutting her hair very short anyway.

No one with even a day of real haircutting experience would cut hair like that. They would know that in order to do a layered cut correctly, that you have to take one section of hair at a time, hold it up at desired angle and then cut it.

Whoever cut this person's hair simply HACKED INTO IT straight across. There are are no angles that are cut into it, so technically it wouldn't even be considered a layered haircut. There's no way any hairstylist would cut hair like this and NOT know they would be sued.

Pierre
January 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
She would have done better to ask a chicken farmer for layers.

Longfellow
January 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM
There's a part of my pessimistic enough to believe it's true, but I can't imagine a hairdresser doing that. For one, that's like seven seconds of scissors. That's not something even the worst hairdresser would aim for; you might expect some weird asymmetry or unevenness, but not a literal hack job.

rose.grace
January 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Just, "Yuck!" It sort of makes me sick to think someone would do that to hair... for any reason.

Bonkers57
January 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM
W...T...H...???!!! :bigeyes: :blueeek:

I'm afraid I'd have to cut it REALLY short. I don't think that "do" is fixable.

kwaniesiam
January 14th, 2011, 10:41 PM
That's definitely got to be a joke.

teela1978
January 14th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing joke as well. Along the lines of getting drunk with friends and deciding "hey friend X, wanna try cutting layers into my hair?"... waking up in the morning and going "what did you do to my hair!"... and taking a quick snapshot for historical evidence before entering the salon to get it fixed.

Pifkin
January 14th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Oh wow. That reminds me of one time a few years ago when my brother wanted me to cut his hair. I felt so bad, but it was so funny. :o

pepperminttea
January 14th, 2011, 11:43 PM
:bigeyes: I'm really hoping that was a drunk escapade rather than someone trained to cut hair.

Bonkers57
January 15th, 2011, 12:13 AM
You're probably right. "Alcohol was a factor..."

I'm guessing joke as well. Along the lines of getting drunk with friends and deciding "hey friend X, wanna try cutting layers into my hair?"... waking up in the morning and going "what did you do to my hair!"... and taking a quick snapshot for historical evidence before entering the salon to get it fixed.

RadiantNeedle
January 15th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I had something similar happen, but with longer layers. I'm still growing out the fail.

UltraBella
January 15th, 2011, 01:38 AM
It looks like a four year old took a pair of scissors to mommy's hair while she was sleeping !

katgib
January 15th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Absolutely HAS to be a joke. There is no way on earth than anyone would hire a stylist that couldn't do basic layering. Then again, maybe it wasn't actually done by a stylist. Either way, I call shenanigans.

Fethenwen
January 15th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Umm...

I'm also thinking that this picture has to be a joke as well. Remember a few years back there was a youtube video with this exact same premise, you know the one where a young bride was with her two bridesmaids and she was so freaked out about her wedding that she took some scissors and cut off all her own hair? Well, the whole thing turned out to be a prank, and the young woman wasn't getting married and she was planning on cutting her hair very short anyway.

No one with even a day of real haircutting experience would cut hair like that. They would know that in order to do a layered cut correctly, that you have to take one section of hair at a time, hold it up at desired angle and then cut it.

Whoever cut this person's hair simply HACKED INTO IT straight across. There are are no angles that are cut into it, so technically it wouldn't even be considered a layered haircut. There's no way any hairstylist would cut hair like this and NOT know they would be sued.

Indeed, I think this job was not done by a hairdresser either. Not even a bad hairdresser would do such a bad job on "layers" :p

mrs_coffee
January 15th, 2011, 03:52 AM
It looks like she either tried to layer it herself or had a friend (who is not a hairdresser, obv) try to do it.

NouvelleNymphe2
January 15th, 2011, 03:56 AM

LOL, i concur

TiaKitty
January 15th, 2011, 04:00 AM
It looks like a four year old took a pair of scissors to mommy's hair while she was sleeping !

Don't insult the hair dressing skills of 4 year olds!

Finoriel
January 15th, 2011, 04:03 AM
I've seen some cosplay-hair / anime-hair which looked similar. Not sure if it was intended to look that chunky or not. I'm a total anime noob, guess I'm too old to really get it :p watched Bugs Bunny as a kid.

And I have friends who did crazy things to their hair to have some extreme haircuts for fun & giggles because they planned to buzz it soon anyways.

Also, hmm some runway styles from I think around 2007 come to mind, too.

Not every extravagant/exotic style is an accident. Tastes vary :shrug:.
As long as the person wearing it is happy and doesn't ask me for my opinion :meditate: it doesn't really matter what I think about it.

Diamondbell
January 15th, 2011, 04:11 AM
My oh my! Unbelievable :shudder:

BritishBraider
January 15th, 2011, 04:16 AM
wow, that is dreadful!

hanne jensen
January 15th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I tried to see the pic and my computer shut completely down. I think there's a virus on that site.

Lianna
January 15th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hurts my heart to see this! I hope a nice haircut was done after. :)

hibiscus
January 15th, 2011, 05:47 AM
----------------------

CastaDiva
January 15th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I really hope this is a joke or a haircut that she wanted. If not, poor girl:(

eresh
January 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Maybe she wanted it like this.

Since when is it okay to ridicule or talk down to someone's hairchoices on LHC?

Do we like it when on another site long hair is being talked thrash about?
No...then there will be a thread here complaining about it.
So I don't think it's very nice to do the same thing here which we wouldn't like to have done to our photo elsewhere.

lapushka
January 15th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Yeah, sure, hairdressers don't give you what you want sometimes, or most of the time, depending on who you ask, and yes, we complain about that... a lot, because yes, it hurts a lot when that happens, but... it's hard for me to believe that a stylist actually did that to her. It looks like she tried to do it herself, or as if she got a friend to do it for her.

This is just... weird.

Bonkers57
January 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM
OMG, you poor things! Was it really done by hairdressers?

GlassWidow I had something similar happen years and years and years ago. Luckily I had more curl back then and it just made my hair really full....or at least I convinced myself of that.

Jules diamond Augh... I had one of those once. Took months to grow out and it looked awful, even with the wavy hair to cover it up a little.

I had something similar happen, but with longer layers. I'm still growing out the fail.

Maybe they were trying to do something new and "edgy"? ;)

Umm...
Indeed, I think this job was not done by a hairdresser either. Not even a bad hairdresser would do such a bad job on "layers" :p

Bonkers57
January 15th, 2011, 09:23 AM
We'd have to know the context, I guess. OP, can you find the story behind it?

I mean, maybe some people want their hair like that.. but it's so blunt and not... natural looking :x.

Sammich
January 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
That is horrifying. Uneven cut, so blunt, thinned too much on some parts, doesn't really look like proper layers. Like my DBF said: "It looks like she took a machete and chopped at it!"

Perhaps it was only half done and a part of a 'step' picture tutorial?

Speckla
January 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM
It looks like curly hair that has been straightened and cut unevenly. I wonder what it looks like curly? I'd cut it all to shoulder length and then wear it up...but that's just me.

Greenhousegirl
January 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Amen sister! or brother.... definite lawsuit right there!
always look before you jump (into something). yep. I have a feeling she isn't going to keep it like that for very long.

PoysinIvy
January 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yike. That is all.

rena
January 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
*Gulp*

This is what nightmares are made of...

misslicorice
January 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
That is terrible. The only way I can imagine a professional doing that is if it was for one of those hair shows, where all of the styles are bizarrely geometric and "avante garde." The photos are always interesting, but you have to wonder what the poor models' hair looks like when they try to style it themselves! And now, I think we know.
LHCMAN: the narwhal bacons at midnight. :D

lynnspin
January 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I would not be able to go in public! I'd find a wig and hide my hideous hair!

Night_Kitten
January 18th, 2011, 01:45 AM
She would have done better to ask a chicken farmer for layers.
LOL!!! :laugh: I almost spilled my tea reading that!
That probably is true though!

Perhaps it's a wig or something? Or maybe it's supposed to be curled/styled in a sertain way to look good? (can't assume how though)
Or perhaps it's for a part in a play or moovie?
I find it hard to believe someone would want a haircut like that as an every day style, but who knows? stranger things have happened... :confused:

little_cherry
January 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe she wanted it like this.

Since when is it okay to ridicule or talk down to someone's hairchoices on LHC?

Do we like it when on another site long hair is being talked thrash about?
No...then there will be a thread here complaining about it.
So I don't think it's very nice to do the same thing here which we wouldn't like to have done to our photo elsewhere.
I agree whole heartedly. If this was my chosen hair cut, I would be devastated to see it being bashed on a public forum. :(

Dani
January 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM

I can't imagine any kid doing this, much less a four year old! My daughter's about to turn five, and that's just.. impossible. It would never happen. :p If there are kids out there that would do such a thing, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one yet. heh.

emmabovary
January 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Last time I looked plenty of young folks liked to wear their hair in all kinds of bizarre styles. What makes you all so sure she didn't actually want it like this? I think it's got a sort of appeal even.

spidermom
January 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
YIKES! Years ago my daughter wanted a layered hair cut and what the stylist was doing looked something like that. My daughter hopped out of the chair early crying "Stop! Don't cut any more!" The stylist said she could fix it, but daughter said "no!" (I'm so proud of how she always stands up for herself, except when it's against me - haha.) We didn't pay, either. We were able to get it fixed at a different salon.

spidermom
January 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM

As I described above, I actually witnessed a hair stylist cutting layers similar to this. She must have graduated at the bottom of her class, or didn't like my daughter, or something.

Cupofmilk
January 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
It wouldn't be my personal first choice of style. But I do like the colours. People can style their hair however they like. It won't offend me. Their hair their choice. I am sure there are plenty of people who would say that my hair wouldn't be their first choice either! We are all different and should do what is right for us - not what other people want us or expect us to do.

pennyroyal
January 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
It's different & unique, which i totally appreciate. If this was the look the person was going for then i think it's quite awesome. I love "unique" hairstyles. I don't see any reason to be making such awful comments when no one knows the real story behind this haircut.

Avital88
January 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
OMG thats an ugly haircut..

Sanyia
January 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
There's no way that that wasn't a gag. I bet she wanted to get rid of the highlights and had a short haircut five minutes later.

Bonkers57
January 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
My son did that to his OWN hair when he was little, but not mine, thankfully.

I can't imagine any kid doing this, much less a four year old! My daughter's about to turn five, and that's just.. impossible. It would never happen. :p If there are kids out there that would do such a thing, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one yet. heh.

little_cherry
January 18th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It's different & unique, which i totally appreciate. If this was the look the person was going for then i think it's quite awesome. I love "unique" hairstyles. I don't see any reason to be making such awful comments when no one knows the real story behind this haircut.
Love ya, girl. :puppykisses:

Bonkers57
January 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
As far as getting upset over some of the comments posted here: It's true - no one seems to know the story behind the haircut. If it was a gag, no harm done. If someone's hair was butchered by a very bad hairdresser/young child/chicken farmer, we can feel sorry for that poor person. If this cut was intentional, I look at it this way - if I was getting a very unusual haircut, color, piercing, clothing, etc., I would expect to receive attention; that's human nature. Some of that attention will be positive, but some will be negative. Either way, some people will express their opinions, so I have to accept that.

HairFaerie
January 18th, 2011, 03:35 PM
As far as getting upset over some of the comments posted here: It's true - no one seems to know the story behind the haircut. If it was a gag, no harm done. If someone's hair was butchered by a very bad hairdresser/young child/chicken farmer, we can feel sorry for that poor person. If this cut was intentional, I look at it this way - if I was getting a very unusual haircut, color, piercing, clothing, etc., I would expect to receive attention; that's human nature. Some of that attention will be positive, but some will be negative. Either way, some people will express their opinions, so I have to accept that.

What she said!
If computers were as prevalent in the 80s as they are today...I am sure I would have been in many threads like this! :p

spidermom
January 18th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Thanks Bonkers57; I was trying to find a way to say this. No look is everybody's cup of tea, and some people don't like the cut they have on their own heads. I was reading an interview by Jennifer Aniston a little while ago where she was talking about how much she hated the very popular Rachel haircut that she wore on Friends. She did throw in a disclaimer "I loved the stylist to death, but ..." so let's all mentally send our blessing to the head under that interestingly layered hair and don't get ourselves turned inside-out over opinions different from our own.

Dani
January 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I feel the need to say that the haircut is a trip, and I'm all for people doing whatever the hells they want to themselves, with themselves or their hair.. I just want people to be happy and feel like they can be themselves no matter what. I have no issue with the hair whatsoever; I just saw the four year old cutting mommy's hair comment and had to stand up for my four year old, ha. Bonkers, you have proved me wrong, in a way! :p Let's all hope we never wake up to *anyone* cutting our hair. :eek: :p Oh great, now we're going to have those awful hair nightmares tonight... well, at least those're better than the weird and wiggy teeth nightmares of sorts. What the heck are those all about, anyway? *googles*

ETA: I don't know what was going on in the 80's, but it fascinates me. Like, ridiculously. I've asked my husband about it, 'cause that was "his" decade that he grew up in, and I understand that those styles were what was in, but really? Actually, seeing teenagers lately, I'm starting .. to .. get it.

My mom was totally Madonna.

But according to my dad (who divorced her when I was 4; relevant? Probably), she and every other woman seemed to be Madonna for a few years there. A trip, I say!

Allychan
January 18th, 2011, 04:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AdP1K.jpg

Found this on reddit… shudder:

Umm...That does not look very nice, although neither does mine.

Anje
January 18th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Comeon now, that's harsh. Besides, I'm sure many blind people can cut hair far better than that.

pennyroyal
January 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Love ya, girl. :puppykisses:
Awe. :p I love you too!

KittyLost
January 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I actually remember a few girls with blunt layers like this in school, not as drastic but same kinda style.

Maybe it is a new trend? :s

emmabovary
January 21st, 2011, 09:17 AM
I agree with everyone that said we're all entitled to our own opinion, and yes, if you cut your hair in a more unusual style you might want to expect snide remarks. But does that really mean we need 7 pages of posts insulting the same single hairstyle?