PDA

View Full Version : Frizzy ends.

Imeera
January 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hello LHC =]
I recently noticed that the ends of my hair were frizzy and poffy sometimes, the ends are a bit dry from excess dyeing a year or two ago and I am currently trying to grow them out. I have trimmed today a bit to remove split ends so I don't really want to trim it any more. Is this frizzyness from the dry ends or something different? The rest of my hair never frizzy exept sometimes after I wash it. But I have been more careful with washing my hair as I have been told I was washing it too much (I used to wash it twice with shampoo and once with conditioner everyday).
So can I stop this frizzyness? Will my hair still grow with these dry ends?

Thank you for your help!

chopandchange
January 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
What is your current washing routine? How often do you wash it, and what do you use?

If you are using a shampoo with SLS, maybe it's just drying your hair out too much.

Madora
January 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Perhaps you might try adding a touch of coconut oil to your frizzy ends to protect them. The ends of your hair are the most vulnerable so anything you can do to protect them is a good thing.

Imeera
January 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
What is your current washing routine? How often do you wash it, and what do you use?

If you are using a shampoo with SLS, maybe it's just drying your hair out too much.

I use Original Source, which I am thinking about changing as it doesn't seem to be very good for my hair, or Sainsbury's Own as they are the only ones I can find in Sainsbury's that is cheap (I am a student) and doesn't test on animals. I wash my hair once every day or every two days as my scalp gets very oily and never seems to settle even if I leave it for a while, I think its because I have very low volume hair but it could be anything.

CurlySoleil
January 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm new to this forum and I am still learning a lot about hair in general, but I know for my hair when the ends start to get frizzy (which in my case is when they don't curl properly and tend to just be bushy) it's because the PH is off.

I saw you mentioned in the type of shampoo you use. I don't know anything about that shampoo, but maybe it needs to be followed up with an acidic rinse? I recently started paying more attention to PH and I began to add ACV rinses to my routine. I generally use a shampoo bar, though, and those do need an acidic rinse.

Have you had a chance to check out the Articles section here on the LHC? It was suggested to me, and I ran to it! Haha. Lots information to get you started. You may even find a solution to your problem or at least learn where to start.

Good luck!!

Pandora.
January 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I had this exact problem! In fact I'd bleached all my hair well over about 5 times, so no wonder my ends were horrific lol.

However, over a few months I began using the CWC method (adding conditioner to the hair's length whilst shampooing) and used coconut oil. My hair is now soooo much better, and feels pretty soft. :)