PDA

View Full Version : help with satin scarf

Cleopatra18
January 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I really need help with this.my hair feels so much better when i cover it up at night with a satin scarf but there's 2 problems:
1-the scarf falls off probably within an hour,I move ALOT
2-if i wrap it too tigt or try to hold it with a head band over it,it gives me headache and i dont fall asleep.
I have looked everywere for a satin bonnet but didnt find,and cant buy it online as the shipping is a killer.
I have dozens of satin and silk scarves but i just need some suggestions to help it stay on without bothering me too much.please help:(

cataphract
January 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Are you able to sew? You could put an elastic band in one to make it like a sleep cap...

You could sew straps on so you can tie it under your chin...

?
:)

Cleopatra18
January 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM
ehm well i can crochet but that's obviously not the same.it's a very nice idea though thank you.

milagro
January 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
You may tie your hair with it as in low ponytail, then semi-wrap one loose end of the scarf around the tail and pull it up, making a "hood". Then wrap the other end all around your head (better crossing your forehead so it won't slide off easily) and tie, and tuck the rest of hood material if it get in the way. The drawback is the pony tie can be uncomfortable if you're back sleeper. HTH

LornaDoone
January 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM
What if you just covered your pillow with the scarf? Or got a satin or silk pillowcase?

Anje
January 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM
You could try tying the scarf under your chin?

If you can sew a little (sewing machine is good, but you could do this with a needle and thread), you could take a silk or satin scarf, cut as big a circle out of it as you can (probably not bigger than 50cm across, though), then turn down the edge maybe 1 cm and sew it to make a tube going around the circle of fabric, with a little gap a couple cm long between where you begin and end. Thread a long strong all along that tube, then pull it, so it gathers the fabric. That's all you need to do to make a sleep bonnet. Put it low on your head and tie it, so that it's comfortable but doesn't slip off easily.