PDA

View Full Version : I just trimmed my hair!

PurpleAshes
January 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I was trying to go along with the 2 week rule.. But today I washed my hair, and before I knew it, I was holding the scissors in my hand and cutting little chunks away!

I trimmed about and inch. I know it was quite impulsive, but I don't regret it. Let's just hope it looks okay when it dries.

Ever happened to you?

MAO
January 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I was trying to go along with the 2 week rule.. But today I washed my hair, and before I knew it, I was holding the scissors in my hand and cutting little chunks away!

I trimmed about and inch. I know it was quite impulsive, but I don't regret it. Let's just hope it looks okay when it dries.

Ever happened to you?

More often than I like to admit. :o

PurpleAshes
January 14th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Ahahahaha, I hope you don't regret those either!

Anywhere
January 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Happens to me as well. Unfortunately the last time that happened I cut short face framing bits on impulse after seeing so many people at the mall with them... let's just say I'm hoping they grow out fast. :o

They're barely chin length, some bits are more like bottom of my ear length.. when straight. I can't wear them natural without looking ridiculous.

I bet your trim will be fine, as long as you cut it pretty even. :flower:

xoxophelia
January 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Yes it has happened to me :) It was the right decision though when I did it and you only cut off an inch. Hope it turns out well for you!

Oh and I wish I could trim too ><.. must wait until April.

PurpleAshes
January 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Anywhere, I know what you mean about curly face framing bits! I hope those grow out very fast for you! In the meanwhile, nice accesories will do the trick ;)
xoxophelia, why are you waiting until april? :)

BrightEyes7
January 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
All the time. I get those scissors in my hands and I can't help myself. I love a nice thick healthy hemline. I would trim every week if I didn't have any self control!! :P

Drynwhyl
January 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, only I contemplated it for MONTHS and I cut off around 9 inches, and I couldn't be happier tbh :D

Tia2010
January 14th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Yes :) I just decided one day after I had washed my hair that I couldn't take looking at my bottom layers anymore , so I made an appointment that day and got them cut off ! ( I don't self trim...too scared ! )

PurpleAshes
January 15th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Well, my hair seems to have turned out just fine.. the only problem is... I DIDN'T FIX WHAT I WANTED!
My hair grows in an inverted V hemline, and the hair on the sides is less curly, therefore shirnks less. As a result, the front looks considerably longer than the back, which I don't like. Well, in the past, I've cut those sides like 3 times and somehow, by the next day they already look longer again.

This time I trimmed overall. I trimmed all my hair in an effort to even it out. BUT THE FRONT STILL LOOKS LONGER! I seioruly don't understand. That hair refuses to conform xD

Henrietta
January 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Yes:) I have trims scheduled, 4 times a year, at the end/beginning of every season. Once I was so sick of my ends that I took a scissors and I cut about an inch. It was post washing. The funny thing is that when I was looking in a mirror before the washing I thought "My hair looks kind of long!" And it looked so for 10 minutes:D I was sad that I don't have this long look and feel but I had healthy ends. Sometimes 3 months is too long for me.

jaine
January 15th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I will be trying hard not to trim my own hair this year - I always start out trying to fix a shape issue, and sometimes I'm successful in that, but in the long run I always create more issues than I fix, and I still need the professional haircut afterwards to fix it. Next time I need a cut, I need to go straight to the professional so I will lose less length!

PurpleAshes
January 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I wanted to tell you guys, that, first:
Seems like the inverted V shape when I washed for the first time after the trim was just a length memory problem! Ever since that day, my hair HASN'T dried in the inverted V. Seem like I did a nice job \m/
Second: I barely get tangles anymore! WOOHOO!

MissCharizard
January 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I was looking at my hair in the bathroom at my school today and noticed I have bad bad breakage all the way up to chin-level. My length is really damaged from years of coloring and a few relaxers, not to mention repetitive styling (low slung bun, anyone?). It has improved a lot and gotten longer but damn do I just want to cut it all off and start over. I actually just trimmed an inch or two and I couldn't be happier.
I have been trimming off damage for quite some time now and it really is a test of patience. :)