PDA

View Full Version : - Bobby pins, bad for hair ?

RedheadMistress
January 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM
- Just bought a packet of 400 of them in the pound shop because I want to put my hair up more often, so I can wear a hat and get used to having my hair up, but I was wondering if you think it's bad for hair or not !

Dragon
January 14th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I have been wearing them most days for about 5 or 6 years now. As longs as you are careful taking them out, I think they are ok. I still get the occasional snap when taking them out but it’s only when I’m not being careful.

Madora
January 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I only use bobby pins to hold any whispies.

Hairpins are best for updos. They come in various sizes and can be plain or have crimps. I use 3 inch crimped hairpins from Sally's and have been very happy with them.

It's easier and handier using hairpins. Just grab and go. bobby pins you have to open first before you use them. Also, bobby pins don't anchor as well, nor do they hold as much hair.

Hairpins stay in styles, provided you insert them correctly by weaving them into the style in an up and down motion.

AgnesONutter
January 14th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Just don't get them tangled in your hair and you should be fine. The only problem I have with some of my extra long bobby pins is that they tend to glide out, and tend to get twisted out of shape easily.

LornaDoone
January 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
As long as you don't pin in the same place all the time, they should be okay. Repeated use in the same spot can cause breakage. I speak from experience. :(

Deborah
January 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Bobby pins are evil. Yep. In my hair there is no removing them without pulling hairs out along with the pins. Your mileage may vary of course. My hair is very fine and very slippery, but bobby pins are still evil.