PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this product?

Yasmine91
January 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
My mum brought me this Hot oil thing from VO5 that is suppose to condition damaged hair but I'm not too sure if it's ok to use.

Has anyone here used it?
http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/advanced_vo5_hot_oil.jpg

Nae
January 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I've used it, it works alright. I don't think it is any better than any other oil that is commonly used around here but I don't think it is going to hurt anything.:)

Tressie
January 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I have used this in the past, and it's all right, I suppose. This was way pre-LHC, so I don't really know if the oil contained in this is a natural product, or by-product, like coconut oil and EVOO?

Some oils do tend to absorb into the hair better than others, and some are heavier/lighter. Check the ingredients, and see if you think it is a good choice. (o:

shikara
January 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM
The one I just used from Alberto was the Intensive Moisture Hot Oil Treatment. I really like it and will continue to use it more, and will use their other oil treatments if/when I think I need them. If you try it, then you will find out if you really like what it does to your hair or not. Good luck!!

Chamomile betty
January 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I used the VO5 oil years ago. Give it a try because you may like it. Just use a little bit.

virgo75
January 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I've used and liked VO5's hot oil treatments.
I've tried the strengthening one and the moisturizing one - I like the moisturizing one better.

If you check the ingredients- there's a good chance there's no actual "oil" in them. :lol:
But they still work nicely as a conditioning treatment. :)

musicallberrii
January 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I too have used it before but didn't notice any difference after the treatment.. it didn't do much for my hair, but it might do something for yours!

I had a cosmetologist at Sally's Beauty Supply tell me before that hot oil treatments just coat the outside of your hair and weigh it down.. I'm not so sure how accurate that statement is though because I've gotten doubtful information from people working there before.

pepperminttea
January 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I tried this a couple of times, long before I discovered LHC, and didn't notice much difference. At that time though, that was on heavily processed hair (dyed and permed), they might have more effect on unprocessed hair.

cataphract
January 13th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I used it a while back when I first moved out here and thought maybe my texture change was due to damage - incidentally it wasn't. I got no great difference from it but it felt good on my head.

Aliped
January 13th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I used to use them about 20 years ago :) I thought they were absolutely fantastic! Although I can't remember why exactly. I just know I really really liked them ....

Delila
January 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
When I first started growing out my pixie on my way to longer hair, about once a month I'd do a heavy conditioning routine, using several products, then ending with the VO-5 hot oil. It seemed to do a good job sealing in the moisturizing elements I'd just treated my hair with.

FWIW, the actual instructions told you to use the hot oil, then shampoo afterwards. Not sure what good that would do, LOL! I always shampooed first, conditioned, then used the VO-5 hot oil.

I still have some , but haven't done the old routine in a good while.

jojo
January 14th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Oh the memories of floating a couple of these in my bath to do my weekly treatment in the 80's!

I used to love them on my bleached to death then hair, but there not a patch on some real oil heated up and left for a few hours but there not bad from what i can remember!

ddiana1979
January 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I used them quite a bit when my hair was WL. They make your hair feel nice. I think natural oils are probably better, but I certainly don't believe the VO5 Hot Oils will harm your hair. Just don't heat them up too much. I think the directions just recommend sitting the vials in hot, but not scalding hot nor boiling, water.