PDA

View Full Version : ARGHHHH!!! I need help please! :(

lovinmylife
January 13th, 2011, 04:02 PM
So I measured my hair when I started here it was 2.5" thick, and 28" long.

Today I measured it and it is almost 30" long and only 2.75" thick... a few weeks ago it was almost 3" thick.

What can I do to increase volume/thickness/more hair? My hair is obviously growing... but not getting thicker.

You can still see my crown some :( (embarassing!) and I am taking flax seed pills, flinstones pill with iron, & biotin. I am thinking of adding a ginko biloba pill, and saw palmetto pill.

Anyone else have any ideas? Please (((begging)))

Rocket22
January 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Well in two months you got 2" that is fantastic!!! and now 2.75 thick maybe when you measured the thickness a few weeks ago you miss measured. To gain .5" in thickness in a few months would that even be possible? I think your hair is lovely though! :)

lovinmylife
January 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
My hair has always grown really fast. I can go from shoulder to past my bra line is a summer. Its pretty insane. However, b/c of some meds I have been losing hair, and thus thickness :(

It is definitely possible I miss measured. I try to be accurate but who knows.. lol. I guess I will just keep plugging away and hope when I measure next month its better.
Thank you. :)

kwaniesiam
January 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
The thickness measurement can vary a lot, especially if you have wavy/curly hair. Did you measure it right after a wash, or a few days without washing? Was there oil in your hair? It can seem more compact when oiled or combed straighter.

jojo
January 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM
have you used anything different to wash your hair? cones can flatten hair sometimes and make it measure thinner.

lovinmylife
January 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hmmm... thanks for the good thoughts guys :) I try to measure after it is dry but basically right after its been washed etc. That way I have a basic common timeframe. I have been switching back and forth between using Nioxin shampoo & conditioner, or Nioxin shampoo and then a cone free conditioner on my ends. It seems to be doing ok.. but gosh only knows! lol