PDA

View Full Version : Complications ( Big Mistake )

KellyGormley
January 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm so ashamed, I promised myself no more hair dyeing however I made a huge mistake and bleached it so now my hair is very blonde and very damaged and on top of that I hate it. I had been dying to go blonde for months so now that the urge is gone and I see it doesn't look so great I will be going back to brunette. I personally trimmed my hair myself when I finished bleaching and saw how damaged the ends were. I didnt go to someone because they would most likely chop off half my hair given its current state. So any advice or treatments to repair damaged hair? ( My hair is wavy to tight curls depending on the day and humidity and how I let it dry. ) I hate the dry brittle feel of my hair, it makes me want to cry. I was trying the ion repair conditioner and i've been using argon oil it only seems to mask the problem till i wash again. Help please?

Nightshade
January 13th, 2011, 03:34 PM
On, that's horrible :grouphug:

There's an article in my siggy on rehabilitating damaged hair that you might find helpful! Don't give up hope!

maus
January 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your hair trouble. Lots of oil, DTs and SMTs should help a little, but usually once the damage is done, it can't really be undone. Good luck, and a big hug to you!:flower:

jojo
January 13th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I too was going to suggest SMT's and have you thought of using henna, like the Lush brun which would take you back to brown and help with the damage .

KellyGormley
January 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Im afraid to due henna because i've heard if its not pure natural henna if anything is added at all and you've previously dyed your hair it can react to the chemicals in the dye and cause your hair to like literally melt and fall out.

amaiaisabella
January 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I really liked the Joico Kpak sold at Sally's to help my hair, and there are also some ampoules (from a different brand) that you apply after conditioning to keep the moisture in your hair. Damaged hair tends to not hang onto moisture, so that helps quite a bit.

I had to do a few trims after bleaching, but not too many. I did a lot of deep conditioning, especially with cones, to help hang on to my hair. Damp bunning with leave-ins, oils, whatever, also helps to a certain extent. I kept my hair and you can too :) PM me if you have any questions!

little_cherry
January 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Im afraid to due henna because i've heard if its not pure natural henna if anything is added at all and you've previously dyed your hair it can react to the chemicals in the dye and cause your hair to like literally melt and fall out.
That's only if it's compound henna (with metallic salts)...lush's brun is wonderful and conditioning...and has no metallic salts. If you use Lush or any henna with indigo in it, you cannot bleach afterwards...

dropinthebucket
January 14th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I second a henna/indigo blend, either BAQ henna with an indigo you mix up yourself, or a pre-packaged brand like Lush or Rainbow. If you try to dye over the bleach with a box brown, you will fry it even more terribly. Ask me how I know! ;)

NouvelleNymphe2
January 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I have been there many times over, and I hope and pray I have finally kicked the chemical and heat habits. I have had to go from almost BSL to inches twice because of this destructive pattern. Since it is only one bleaching I think you will be able to bring your hairs around. You will need to cut a lot of the very damaged hairs off though. But eat well and take good care of your hairs, they will grow back. Good luck! You'll get there. I know how you feel.

Sinisiew
January 14th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'd listen to nightshade if I were you, her article is one of the most important to read as you become a member of LHC and want to understand your hair especially if it's damaged.

Maddy25
January 14th, 2011, 09:49 AM
aw dont worry, it will be feeling like your normal hair again soon. I bleached mine a few months back to get it closer to my natural colour and my hair feels very healthy again now :) It just takes a few weeks of special care.

KellyGormley
January 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Where can I get Lush Henna ?