PDA

View Full Version : oil only no conditioner

x0h_bother
January 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM
There is a thread in the archives of this http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61123 and this is my current hair experiment. I am 'supposed' to be using up my stash but I think I will save this for another time.

My desire to go oil and poo only grows out of my realization that my hair was indeed shinier when I wasn't using conditioner for 2 or more years. During that time my diet was also better and I was flat ironing less.
So I am experimenting with all of these things to try and 'grow' back to my original shine.

Pre-wash-Coconut oil treatment 3xs week
Poo-H&S Poo scalp only
Leave-in- dab of Coconut oil when hair is completely dry

Anyone else trying it? I know there are people doing Coconut oil shampoo right now, so if you aren't using any conditioner it would be nice to hear your experience too.

ddiana1979
January 13th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I'm currently doing the coconut oil shampoo thing. Just finally got the right ratio of oil:shampoo for me! :) I'm using 1:4 of Spectrum Organics Virgin Coconut Oil to Prell Classic in the bottle. I don't use any conditioner afterwards, though I do a 1:7 ACV rinse (followed by rinsing out the ACV with water). As far as a leave-in, I'm still using 4 drops of NightBlooming's Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil &/or a wee bit of aloe. Coconut oil is too heavy as a leave-in for me.

I really think my hair looks shinier, tangles less, and feels better using this method than when using CWC, which was my previous "system".

x0h_bother
January 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm currently doing the coconut oil shampoo thing. Just finally got the right ratio of oil:shampoo for me! :) I'm using 1:4 of Spectrum Organics Virgin Coconut Oil to Prell Classic in the bottle. I don't use any conditioner afterwards, though I do a 1:7 ACV rinse (followed by rinsing out the ACV with water). As far as a leave-in, I'm still using 4 drops of NightBlooming's Triple Moon Hair Anointing Oil &/or a wee bit of aloe. Coconut oil is too heavy as a leave-in for me.

I really think my hair looks shinier, tangles less, and feels better using this method than when using CWC, which was my previous "system".
CWC was my previous system too, glad to hear you had good results with oil shampoo no conditioner. I do a cold rinse, ACV doesn't like my hair.