PDA

View Full Version : Need some cutting advice

yellowflower
January 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Ok so Im growing out the bleach, my hair is just on my shoulders and is curly really quite curly, I was wondering whether to have 2inches off...as thats 2inches less dye or just have a trim Im worried if i cut to much it might spring up with the curls and be a puff ball instead of curls has anyone got any advice?

Should I just get 2inches off? What does other curly heads think?

eshta
January 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm not a curly, but if you're worried just trim a little bit off the ends.
Unless those 2 inches are the last inches of the bleach you're trying to grow out, why risk it?

Anywhere
January 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I find that two inches can make a difference.. my curly/wurly hair looks fine an inch or two past chin, but at chin it shrinks up into super curly bits that shrink up to my eyes almost.

I'd also trim just a little bit if I were you.

maus
January 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I'm not a curly, either, but I think 2 inches is a lot! Why not start with a half an inch, keep it for a few days, then get another half inch trimmed, if you feel like the first trim wasn't enough. You can "work up" to two inches that way, if you want to, but I wouldn't just cut 2 inches off in one sitting....

yellowflower
January 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I am thinking of getting maybe just an inch now instead see what that is like then maybe in 3 weeks have another inch off aswell.

At least it will be one less inch of bleach, the bleach has damaged my hair so much that it has even ruined some of my curls :(

Dragon
January 14th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I think its best to not take off to much at a time as it can make quite a difference. Maybe even half an inch at a time.

milagro
January 14th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Depends on your curl pattern. My most curly length is about SL exactly. Shorter than that it does have volume but only a wave with spiral 1-1,5' ends. Longer it gets stretched out on top unless I diffuse. So you should examine your pattern if it's tight or loose and take that into consideration.
I think you can avoid poof after trim with proper handling (moisturizing, not brushing/combing, applying products when quite wet etc), too.

ETA And I second Dragons suggestion to cut by very little and see.