PDA

View Full Version : posting pic to profile

KarenSJ
January 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Ok, I have tried everything- resizing to the tiniest size on Photobucket, pasting every link code they have to the URL field on my profile pic upload, even downloading from Photobucket to my computer and trying to upload my photo from their. Every time without fail I get "invalid URL" or "Upload failed". Would like to get this right, I feel so stupid.

Gumball
January 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
When you go to the "Edit Profile Picture (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/profile.php?do=editprofilepic)" link and try to upload a photo from your computer, are the dimensions within 400x400 pixels and equal or less than the stated maximum file size? Sometimes profile pictures won't upload well when they aren't within those measurements.

Finoriel
January 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
It's a question of user-permissions and post count (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657).
You need 25+ posts to be able to edit your profile :)

ETA: Dang, Gumball beat me to it.
Hey, there's a speed limit here! :p

Gumball
January 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM
It's a question of user-permissions and post count (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657).
You need 25+ posts to be able to edit your profile :)

ETA: Dang, Gumball beat me to it.
Hey, there's a speed limit here! :p

I went so fast I forgot that link! Good thing you were right on my tail! :D Zoom zoom.

KarenSJ
January 13th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the replies, however, my original pic that I had chosen wouldn't upload either (the one when I first joined). I'm just trying to change that, not add a signature or post pics. I see others have profile pics that are under 25 posts, and it gives me the option when I go to my CP to edit my profile. My pixels were well below the specs- like 100X150 or something like that. But, since this post will make 25, we'll see if that makes a difference.

cmnt831
January 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Are you talking about your avatar? The picture under your username?

Finoriel
January 13th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I can see a picture on your profile now :D

KarenSJ
January 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Are you talking about your avatar? The picture under your username?

Yes- when I post I don't see my avatar. I must be doing something wrong....checking CP again now....

Yay! I got it! Sorry for the idiocy on my part, I didn't realize this was called an avatar (can you tell I'm a noob??):rolleyes:
Weird though, it still told me the upload of the file failed....but it's showing up here so...??

Gumball
January 13th, 2011, 10:58 PM
So... Still success! :happydance:

cmnt831
January 14th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Yes- when I post I don't see my avatar. I must be doing something wrong....checking CP again now....

Yay! I got it! Sorry for the idiocy on my part, I didn't realize this was called an avatar (can you tell I'm a noob??):rolleyes:
Weird though, it still told me the upload of the file failed....but it's showing up here so...??

I glad you somehow got it figured out, even if the system was still giving you guff. :p Besides I've been here a year and still can't figure out how to get my profile page customized. :p