PDA

View Full Version : Who have you inspired to grow long hair?

Eolan
January 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we talk about people who we have inspired to grow long hair, to take better care of it or do fancy updos! :cheese:

To my knowledge there is no other thread like this, please correct me if I'm wrong. (I did google it before I posted! :))

I have inspired one of my best friend to grow her hair long, simply by growing my own. She has gorgeous hair, fine and thick with some nice waves in it. At this point her hair is longer than mine! I think she is approaching waist. I am about to teach her some tricks, and direct her here if I can.

Who have you inspired and how?

Eolan
January 17th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Come on, people! I'm sure I'm not the only one! :D

EbonyCurls
January 17th, 2011, 07:56 AM
I think it's just a general feeling and instinct I've felt every time I see long hair. Specifically in the renaissance, Greek/Roman, and Shakespearean movies I used to watch all the time as a kid.
To be honest though, I think It was the Hercules and Xena shows also (Kevin Sorbo!). The women always had long, wavy/curly hair.

Ishje
January 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I don't think I have inspired people to grow their hair long yet.
but I do think I have inspired people to treat their hair better. does that count?

angelfell
January 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I've inspired my friend Katie to grow longer hair. However, she doesn't want it quite as long as I do.. and that's fine :p.

CarpeDM
January 17th, 2011, 08:36 AM
My SO inspired me to grow my hair longer. :heartbeat

jojo
January 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think ive inspired anybody either but I have offered advice when asked on how to treat hair better does this count?

hibiscus
January 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
--------------------

jojo
January 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
but I do think I have inspired people to treat their hair better. does that count?
ha ha ive just posted nearly the exact same......great minds think alike eh!:cheese:

I need to read replies first!:o

Eolan
January 17th, 2011, 08:49 AM

I don't think ive inspired anybody either but I have offered advice when asked on how to treat hair better does this count?

I say it counts! I wanted a thread that was about us inspiring others. There are alot of discussions on this forum about things and people that inspire us, so I wanted it the other way around.

ha ha ive just posted nearly the exact same......great minds think alike eh!:cheese:

I need to read replies first!:o

Sometimes they beat you to it, and that's okay. :) We all get to play anyway! Oh, I haz a rhyme. :silly:

Avital88
January 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
IRL it have been Israeli women , almost all have long hair!
Waistlenght is there what APL is here, and this summer when i go there i just want to have the same beautiful hair.
Also the asian women on youtube with amazing lenght inspire me a lot..

ETA: I just so misread the thread :s i dont think i inspired anyone actually but my daughter or maybe 1 or 2 friends..

Anywhere
January 17th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I have inspired DBF to grow his hair out. He's actually excited for me to try new things on his hair. :D

lw8666
January 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I inspired my mother to grow her hair long! I'm constantly talking about my hair and my poor mother is the one who has to listen to it. Lol. But... surprisingly, she now wants long hair! Shes further along than I am. I only at APL and she is at BSL! :)

rose.grace
January 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
My children. They grew up seeing how miserable I was with short hair. And how ugly short hair is ... and what a pain in the :bow: I was a good example of what not to do/be.

Marchpane
January 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Princess Leia lol. No joke. I saw it when I was a little girl and determined that one day I'd have hair long enough to put in those buns. XD

Angeletti
January 17th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Well if I was asked this question a week ago I would have said DH because he had grown it out to around six inches and was talking about growing it long enough to go back into a ponytail. I think having to deal with his 3a/b curls got to him, so he cut it back down short the other day, so my answer I guess now is no one that I'm aware of unfortunately.

Tia2010
January 17th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I have inspired...no one . But my hair isn't long yet so one day I might :D.

Cirafly24
January 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
My sister...she's 15 and she has always wanted to do the same things as me. So, when I started talking about growing my hair long, she followed suit.

I may have inspired someone earlier today to join LHC! Her hair is already long, past waist I think, so I may not have inspired her to grow, but hey it's something!

ArienEllariel
January 17th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Well, I know my sister decided to grow hers out and also my best friend (not to the lengths that I am but hey, I'd say that they've been motivated by me is a good thing).

MissManda
January 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I haven't inspired anyone to grow their hair long... or at least as far as I know.

BUT!

I have inspired two and possibly 3 people I know to become hennaheads! :D :cheese: About two weeks after I hennaed my hair, one of my acquaintences hennaed his hair! I was so surprised! I guess I must be really, really rockin' the henna if I'm inspiring a bunch of people to try it! lol

Eolan
January 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I changed the thread title, since it seemed to confuse alot of people. I hope its clearer now. (Is it "to who" or "to whom", by the way? Argh, English grammar!)
I also included hair care and all that good stuff, since people are posting about it. That is very interesting too!

I love hearing about how you inspire people, keep posting! :D

EbonyCurls
January 18th, 2011, 01:38 AM
welp, I just realized I read the question wrong. I thought it said "who inspired you". Whoops.

Eolan
January 18th, 2011, 02:24 AM
welp, I just realized I read the question wrong. I thought it said "who inspired you". Whoops.

No worries. There have been alot of threads like that around here so it's not strange you misread it. :)

Olyve
January 18th, 2011, 02:32 AM
My best friend, after hearing countless hours of me babbling about this and that; she caved and said she is growing her A-Line cut out after seeing my hair for the first time since I joined LHC and was in awe. She said she had never seen someone with such shiny and soft hair. I then showed her some of the things I have done with it hairstyle wise and she fell in love.

My hair was longer but since cutting off all the damage, it just simply amazed her how it changed.

anachronic
June 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
My mom was my inspiration

KwaveT
June 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I suspect that I may have inspired some women at work to regrow their hair after they have seen me start growing mine. I have had a couple mention that to me.

Ticky
June 29th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I inspired a former friend of mine :cheer: She grew it from chin to about bra strap length, then she got tired of it.