PDA

View Full Version : My first self-trim this time around

Messyhair
January 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I wasn't sure if my hair was long enough to try out Feye's method, but I've been waiting so long that I had to try!!! I'm trying to get rid of my layers that have naturally grown out from a very short cut. I like the look of a u-shape on me, so I'm going to gradually take the hair off throughout the year until I have the shape I want. Without losing too much length, of course!!

Here is before (left) and after(right):
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hgallant/dec10.jpghttp://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hgallant/jan11.jpg

Very little difference, which makes me happy. Oh, and I got some Shea Butter Super Gro balm today and tried it out after the trim, so my hair is a little piecier looking than usual in the new photo. :)

mrs_b
January 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
It looks very nice! :applause
Your hair is so shiny and healthy looking.

countryhopper
January 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I love feye's method! you did a great job!

hibiscus
January 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
---------------------

Lostsoule77
January 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Looks like you did a really good job!

Messyhair
January 12th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Yay, thanks! I think I ended up taking a half inch off in some areas, at most. Not too bad!

julliams
January 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Your hair looks great. And here's me waiting to get to waist before trying the method because I was too scared to try it!!!! I like the way the leave in has made your hair look. I think mostly it's the cut though - it really does look great.

Dragon
January 12th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Looks good :)

maus
January 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Great job, looks awesome!

Oz
January 12th, 2011, 06:59 PM
you have a lovley wave. its going to look awesome as the length increases

Messyhair
January 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM
you have a lovley wave. its going to look awesome as the length increases

Nah, it straightens out when it gets longer. I always have wave envy when I see a Longhair with waves.

ETA: The leave-in made my hair get super greasy overnight, but I had to shampoo anyway, so no big deal. And it dried so nice! The lack of tangles could be attributed to the trim, but I had no crazy flyaways along my part as usual. I liked it so much, I'm trying it again tonight.

TinaDenali
January 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Looks gorgeous!! I love your color!

christine1989
January 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Looks great! Its nice and thick all the way to the ends. :)

lupiae
January 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Messyhair, I cut my wife'e hair since more than ten years (only trim, maximum lenght cut was 4 inches a couple of time) and I can consider myself "expert",

I think that you did a great job! No difference between your cut and a cut performed at the hairdresser salon. Contratulation.

Keep doing by yourself and your hair will be healthy and will grow faster.

Whic is your goal?

Anywhere
January 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I'm glad it worked well for your needs. Good job. :D

Messyhair
January 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments!

Lupiae: I haven't set myself a goal length. I know I want at least waist length, because that's where I had it before. When it was longer, the ends got thinner. I don't know if it was because of too much rubbing against chairs/clothes/whatever (I can't do updos!!) or if I was reaching terminal, or ?? But to have waist length again would be nice. :)

Avital88
January 15th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think it looks thicker! great job! x