PDA

View Full Version : My hair is suddenly very dry what should i do??

bunzfan
January 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
My hair all of a sudden feels very dry i am wondering does it need different care now its past BSL i have for the last six months washed once a week, put oil in my length and wear it up 98% of the time what else could i try.

I have switched from weekly low poo shampooing to fortnightly could this of made the difference? i CO the rest of the time as i put oil in dry hair can putting it in wet hair help with locking in moisture i think my hair is a 2C wavy. Any advice on what products i could use for my wavy hair would be great i currently use inecto coconut conditioner for CO and use the body shop rainforest range for coloured hair shampoo. The oil i have been using is grape seed oil. Any ideas :confused:

Aeltt
January 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Most of the times it's because the hair is coated and needs to be clarified. It would coincide with your new low-poo routine (which is good, but sometimes you'll find you need to clarify)

And then add moisture (letting conditioner on your hair longer, or deep oiling works well for me, but there's a lot of recipe for treatments here).. and see if it gets better :)

Rini
January 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Do a thorough clarifying (baking soda, or clarifying shampoo of choice), then a deep moisture treatment.

Sounds like build-up to me.

Rini
January 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Snap! Aeltt, we posted at the same time :D

little_cherry
January 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I agree with build up. I mention this to anyone that says something like "my hair is dry all of a sudden".. clarify and DT.

bunzfan
January 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Most of the times it's because the hair is coated and needs to be clarified. It would coincide with your new low-poo routine (which is good, but sometimes you'll find you need to clarify)

And then add moisture (letting conditioner on your hair longer, or deep oiling works well for me, but there's a lot of recipe for treatments here).. and see if it gets better :)

Do a thorough clarifying (baking soda, or clarifying shampoo of choice), then a deep moisture treatment.

Sounds like build-up to me.

Thanks guys i never thought of that:) as i can't get a clarifying shampoo without sulphate in here i will try the baking soda if i remember rightly you just mix it with your usual conditioner is that right?

Aeltt
January 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Well shampoos without sulfate maybe aren't harsh enough to clarify.. I don't know.

And (if i remember correctly) you can use baking soda with conditionner or shampoo, or as a rinse :)