PDA

View Full Version : Hair Heroes!

AleenaGenise
January 12th, 2011, 10:03 AM
What are your hair heroes? What saves your hair's life on a regular? It can be a product...or a new lifestyle change etc...

Right now I would say mine are:

For softness/moisture:
Whipped Shea Butter
Grapeseed Oil with EOs: Peppermint, Lavender etc
Hibiscus, Aloe Vera gel, Grapeseed Oil and Liquid Vitamin E
...for saving me from dry untouchable hair :)

For Curls
Amla
Honey, EVO and Lemon
Flaxseed gel
Aloe Vera gel
...for saving me from frizzy, unruly undefined curls ;)

For growth and health
Vitamin enriched diet: C, E, A, Biotin etc
Ayurveda
Scalp stimulants: Nettles, Peppermint, Regular scalp massage etc
Going chemical free!
...for saving me from looking in the mirror day after day, week after week, month after month, year after...well you get the picture lol and never seeing a difference in length!

sarahramen
January 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM
hi :waving: when you use nettles are you making tea and using it as a final rinse, or an oil infusion and using it on your scalp as it would stimulate blood flow? ratios please. sorry im interested as we usually have lots growing in our yard.
my hero is the calendula infused evoo i make. its anti-inflammatory, astringent, antifungal, and has antiseptic properties . It can be applied to the skin to treat rashes, sunburn, chafed skin, insect bites, and other skin irritations. The properties of calendula make it an attractive herb for treating and soothing the scalp. i also
like using it on the hair in general because of the smell.:inlove:

Pack a glass jar with dried or fresh calendula flowers
Cover packed flowers with olive oil
Cover with a tight lid
Store the jar in a dark cupboard and shake well every day for 2 weeks
After 3 to 6 weeks, strain oil into a clean glass jar or bottle
the oil turns a lovely honey golden color and smells divine when 'done'
Add Vitamin E oil as a natural preservative
Apply directly to the skin, scalp, or hair.

Lianna
January 13th, 2011, 01:39 AM
When my hair needs "saving" is usually after a blow dry or hot tools (which doesn't happen often anymore). Just a long heavy olive oiling on damp hair fixes the dryness. My hair can take anything, and I do mean anything (even bleach), but heat! :D

Sinisiew
January 13th, 2011, 02:10 AM
coconut oil, usually applied as a deep treatment the evening before I wash my hair so it gets to sit overnight.
Oh and cwc has saved my dry ends, it's not a product I know but still it saved me :)

AleenaGenise
January 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
hi :waving: when you use nettles are you making tea and using it as a final rinse, or an oil infusion and using it on your scalp as it would stimulate blood flow? ratios please. sorry im interested as we usually have lots growing in our yard.
my hero is the calendula infused evoo i make. its anti-inflammatory, astringent, antifungal, and has antiseptic properties . It can be applied to the skin to treat rashes, sunburn, chafed skin, insect bites, and other skin irritations. The properties of calendula make it an attractive herb for treating and soothing the scalp. i also
like using it on the hair in general because of the smell.:inlove:

Pack a glass jar with dried or fresh calendula flowers
Cover packed flowers with olive oil
Cover with a tight lid
Store the jar in a dark cupboard and shake well every day for 2 weeks
After 3 to 6 weeks, strain oil into a clean glass jar or bottle
the oil turns a lovely honey golden color and smells divine when 'done'
Add Vitamin E oil as a natural preservative
Apply directly to the skin, scalp, or hair.

The Celendula infused olive oil sounds great! I can't wait to try that, thx :) As for the nettles...I've tired both...when I need to do a rinse I make a nettle tea. I've also tried a few nettle oils that I bought from an organic food store by my house to moisturize the scalp...I'm certain you can also infuse the nettles the same way you do the celendula ;) If you do the tea make sure you get the scalp well durring the rinse