PDA

View Full Version : Mini Milestone - hair knot

julliams
January 12th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I remember being able to do this when I last had my hair long. I could tie my hair in a knot on top of my head which came in handy when I needed to wash my face at night and couldn't be bothered to use an elastic band. Later when it held really well I would shower this way when it wasn't a wash day.

Anyway, I can do it again and it stays - not forever, but enough that I'm sitting here with a knot on top of my head and it feels secure. Look out waist - here I come!!!!

Dani
January 12th, 2011, 05:08 AM
That's awesome! :D I am looking forward to being able to do that one day. :cool:

When I read the words "hair knot" in the title, I completely thought this would be about finding your first knot or tangle, lol. Because my hair is collarbone length now, after being short(er) for a long time, and I've just started getting a couple random tangles in the hair at the back on my neck. :p I can't remember the last time I had any knots in my hair! It has begun. heh.

Henrietta
January 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
1. Congrats! It seems like being close to waist, right?:)
2. How exactly do you do that? Washing my face at night with my hair in the sink and all over my face is the thing that makes my live a little darker. ;)

julliams
January 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I basically twist it around like I'm doing a bun and then I just pull the length through - literally like tying a knot. It doesn't stay for long but long enough when I have to do something quick (like washing my face) and not wanting to look around for a hair elastic.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5290/5350911324_89861a9012_m.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5163/5350911438_4f881913ea_m.jpg The bit sticking out is the length that I've pulled through. Anything else sticking out is layers - ugh! You couldn't wear it out I don't think - just one for around the house.

heatherovka
January 12th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I do this too! Only for some reason it worked a little better when my hair was APL, now that it is BSL, it slips out easier. What kind of sense does that make?

Congrats on your mini milestone!

julliams
January 12th, 2011, 07:42 PM
You could do this with APL hair??? WOW. I'm thinking my layers are WAY more wicked than I thought they were. My shortest layers are about APLish. I thought the only reason I could do it was because my longest layer is almost at waist.

heatherovka
January 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I usually make them about as low as I can and at APL it didn't really have much tail to pull out... just enough to make it stay put I guess.

tigr
January 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM
What a wonderful milestone! Congratulations!

Lostsoule77
January 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
That is a great milestone!
Believe it or not I do wear this out. I just tuck the tail under as well. It is actually one of my goto styles for work. I am not a morning person so it's this, english braid, or ponytail and I'm out the door. :) I'm actually wearing it right now. I love being able to put the hair up quickly and not use any hair toys. It won't stay right after wash day, but after that I'm good to go. :)
Congratulations again on your mini milestone! So close to a major one!:cheer:

Anywhere
January 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I don't even understand. I can only do this for maybe 30 seconds before it begins to slide out and after maybe a minute or two it's fallen out. How in the world do you get it to stay? :bigeyes:

But congrats on your milestone. :cheese: