PDA

View Full Version : Scrunchie bun?

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I have a special bun that i almost always wear. And when i think about it i dont think that i have ever seen it done in the same way anywhere.
What i do is i use a scrunchie as if i would do a ponytail, in other words wrap it once around the collected hair. Then i turn the scrunchie as if im gonna wrap it another time around the hair, but instead of pulling the hair through again i wrap the hair around the scrunchie closest to the head. And when the hair is all wrapped up, you do the second lap of the scrunchie, such securing the ends. The result is a really big bun that i usually wear in top of the head, like a ballerina.

Anyone recognice the description? I could try to post pictures if i explained it too weird.

BunnyBee
January 12th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Yup, I do that the same way. It's comfy :)

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I know, its great! You cant feel it at all. :) Do you know if has a LHC-name?

hibiscus
January 12th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I have a special bun that i almost always wear. And when i think about it i dont think that i have ever seen it done in the same way anywhere.
What i do is i use a scrunchie as if i would do a ponytail, in other words wrap it once around the collected hair. Then i turn the scrunchie as if im gonna wrap it another time around the hair, but instead of pulling the hair through again i wrap the hair around the scrunchie closest to the head. And when the hair is all wrapped up, you do the second lap of the scrunchie, such securing the ends. The result is a really big bun that i usually wear in top of the head, like a ballerina.

Anyone recognice the description? I could try to post pictures if i explained it too weird.

Sorry I'm not really answering your question, but when I had waist length hair I used to do a kind of messy bun with a hair elastic. It didn't look great and I was trying to work out how to make it look better because it was so comfortable and convenient.

Your version sounds much better and nicer. Any chance you could post pictures please?

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Sorry I'm not really answering your question, but when I had waist length hair I used to do a kind of messy bun with a hair elastic. It didn't look great and I was trying to work out how to make it look better because it was so comfortable and convenient.

Your version sounds much better and nicer. Any chance you could post pictures please?

IŽll post them in my album to try to illustrate the whole process. :)

hibiscus
January 12th, 2011, 05:42 AM
IŽll post them in my album to try to illustrate the whole process. :)

Brilliant thanks.:)

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 06:15 AM
And here it is: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7044

:)

hibiscus
January 12th, 2011, 06:21 AM
And here it is: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7044

:)

Looks great! Looking forward to trying it when my hair is long enough.:)

Copasetic
January 12th, 2011, 06:29 AM
This sounds like what I do! And I always place it on top of my head too.

may1em
January 12th, 2011, 07:58 AM
That's my usual sleep bun. :)

Noula
January 12th, 2011, 08:23 AM
That's the only bun I've learned how to do so far but my hair is probably too short for it to work well for a while more. I used to wear it all the time when my hair was longer.

Nera
January 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I used to do that too! But now my hair became too heavy..

ddiana1979
January 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I bet that's a really safe way to put up a bun. . . no elastics, no pins, no nothing. :D

heidihug
January 12th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That's my usual sleep bun.
may1em, that's my sleep bun, too!

crazybunnies
February 22nd, 2022, 06:23 PM

I know this is a really old thread, but I was searching the archives for suggestions to get a scrunchie bun to stay put, and this worked for me - for the first time ever, I had a bun that stayed wrapped all day without adding pins or clips to hold the ends down. So thank you for putting this out there - you helped me out for sure!

clairenewcastle
February 24th, 2022, 05:10 PM
I do that all the time! In fact due to the lack of length in my hair it is the only bun I can do but its so comfy and protective of my hair that I can see myself doing this for a long time.