PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth Goal For 2011

Red Leo
January 12th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Hello Everyone!
So hear it is.........What is everyone's hair goal this year we want to hear them all!!
Mine is well......I must confess that every bad thing you can do to your hair.Well I've done it! Wow that was hard to say!
But now I have a goal I am sitting at 48" now but my goal is 53" when the year is out!
So what is yours!!!!!!!:writer:

linnepinne
January 12th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I dont really have a goal on length. But this is what I plan to do:

Only trim twice, once at the end of June and once around Christmas.
Using VCO as a pre-wash treatment ever time I wash.
Taking better care of my ends.
Strech my washes.
Be more playful and creative with styles and updos.

Hopefully, this will make my long hair journey quicker and more fun!

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 03:02 AM
My goal this year is to reach waist, if i do this in a resonable time i'll start to maintain to thicken up my hemline. I saw a photo on me from about two years ago and my braids, witch is just past shoulderlength in the picture, is so thick. Each individual braid is as thick as my whole hair braided in one right now. So:
1. Reach waist
2. Thicken up

mustpannkook
January 12th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I would like to reach near waist.

Red Leo
January 12th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Good Goals!

Mannaz
January 12th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Waist for me too. When I reach it, it'll be the longest my hair has ever been! What happens after reaching waist I'm not sure at all, since I've given my hair the promise to dread itself after I've enjoyed waist-length hair for a while....

Loreley
January 12th, 2011, 03:52 AM
I want to be at 48" by the end of this year.

ooo
January 12th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I'd like to reach APL in curly state by the end of the year.

RachieBaby
January 12th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I would like to be somewhere between bsl & waist :) i'd also like to stretch washes

Yeesha
January 12th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I hope to reach one meter. ^^
And thus solid hip length when dry and solid tailbone when wet. ^^

Varney
January 12th, 2011, 05:18 AM
My goal is BSL. I'm in the no trimming in 2011 challenge so I should be able to make it. It's going to be really hard to keep away from the scissors though.

Long_hair_guy
January 12th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Mine is to my tail bone. I am about 2 to 3 inches away from it. I plan on keeping it there so after that I want to make it thicker down there.

BellCat
January 12th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Reach Hip length (in the front) and no trimming till I get there!!

LocustSpawning
January 12th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Waist for me, I think I can do it in less than a year though. (Hopefully!)

Eolan
January 12th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I just cut back to APL to get rid of all the thinness, so I'm thinking BSL is a good goal for starters. With healthy, thick ends.

I also want to obsess less about my hair, if that's possible. :)

baaaad_kitty
January 12th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Waist this year, and one trim! Oh and thickness please. I also need to get some soft bangs cut in. I feel like the length weighs down the hair around my face, making it look rounder than ever!

reverie24
January 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Another waist goal! :)
Then I need to maintain there and trim out 4 or 5 inches...So within this year I will definitely get to waist and be able to start maintaining there until my ends are nice.

Vampire
January 12th, 2011, 06:49 AM
BSL and get ride of my layers

ingvild
January 12th, 2011, 06:58 AM
My ultimate goal is BSL layer-free, but I doubt very much I'll be able to grow so much in a year. :D So my more realistic goal is BSL with only my shortest layer left (which is now hovering around shoulder length).

Kaeita
January 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I'm having a trim tomorrow to even up the last of my layers, and give me a straight hemline, rather than one that dips and rises. After that, I have no idea where my length will end up! My hair was growing really fast over new year, then screeched to a halt, no idea why (I'm hoping my tape measure is faulty!). So, from shoulder, I hope for APL, anything beyond that is gravy.

chicken
January 12th, 2011, 07:25 AM
My hair is at 31,5 inches/ 80 cm right now when streched out. It's around waist. Just 2 more inches until hip :cheese:
I want to have around 90 cm/35.5 inches by the end of the year - I think this should be a real goal :D

janeytilllie
January 12th, 2011, 07:39 AM
My hair goals for this year are to eliminate my breakage by trimming every 4 months. I'm also hoping to maybe reach hip length by the end of the year.

jackiesjottings
January 12th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I am hoping to get to maybe top of thighs, but to trim a bit to tidy up my faery tale ends.

sophiamarie
January 12th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Get to BSL and get rid of all of my layers. I should be able to do this in a year.

heynormy
January 12th, 2011, 02:11 PM
My goal is to reach waist this year!!! Come on baby, grow for mama!!!

Henrietta
January 12th, 2011, 02:14 PM
In March I should be at waist:) The first plan was to reach hip in October 2011 but since I trimmed probably I won't achieve this:D But still, waist will be a breakthrough:)

katgib
January 12th, 2011, 02:16 PM
*sigh* my goal is to get to APL by the end of the year. That's not actually all that much growth from the point that my hair is at right now, but my hair just grows so slowly. I've been trying to grow my hair out for two years from a pixie cut, but the most I've been able to get is shoulder length. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is my lucky year though.

KittyLost
January 12th, 2011, 02:36 PM
BSL, hopefully, wishfully! But a good solid APL will suit me fine.

Becky Safari
January 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM
There's already a couple of threads on this topic, but it's fun to join nonetheless!

Reach hip length
Find the right routine for me
Learn more updos

PiroskaCicu
January 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
My goal for this year is 28", and my hair resolutions are:

- take care of ends
- oil more often
- no blow drying
- gentle combing
- more protective styles

Avvoltoio
January 12th, 2011, 03:38 PM
i am at about 37", 95 cm now, to spring i would like to get to 100 cm, and 108-111 cm to the end of the year what would be hip length for me.

Malibu Barbie
January 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'm hoping mine will make classic length by the end 2011.

sweet*things
January 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Fingers crossed, I finally have my shedding issues under control, so I would like to grow back out to tailbone with a thick hemline. I was just at TB, but I trimmed 4" of sad, thin ends off.

Robinlyn
January 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I hope to be at least 35" by the end of the year...I have been maintaining at 30" to clean up my hemline. I'm happy with my how my ends look so I can finally grow!!

moonlight
January 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM
sweet*things, I love your avatar!!

My goal is tailbone length by Christmas. Right now I'm just waist length...I think tailbone is about 6 inches away, so we'll see.

I've never grown this long before, so each milestone is a nice surprise. I expect to hit terminal all the time, though. None of my 5 sisters (or mom for that matter) has grown their hair long, so I have nothing to compare myself to.

pop
January 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I wish in the end of the year my hair lenght is in my back!!!

Messyhair
January 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I'm planning on hitting BSL with the shape that I want by the end of the year. I should hit BSL around the fall if I let it go, but I want to get a nice u-shape happening, so I'll be happy to get there by the end of the year.

Angeletti
January 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM
My goal of mid-thigh is unrealistic for this year because I plan on maintaining at classic a good year to thicken up my ends. So I would say my goal would be to get all the lengths of my V shaped hemline to classic this year (tip is already there), and next year I will work on mid-thigh.

Rebecka_N
January 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I wish my hair was longer but my hair is at 38 cm right now, so my goal for 2011 is 50-55 cm. But more important, I want it to be thick and healthy.

freckles
January 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I would love love to reach tailbone, but even with no trims I think that's a *tad* out of reach, and I may trim a bit in this year (not till Summer/Autumn though) so I don't think I'll reach tailbone this year :( I would like to reach hip in the summertime though, and so be past hip by the end of the year :) Maybe CLOSE to tailbone!

JuneBride
January 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
My goal is to reach BSL by November 2011! Good Luck to everyone...I hope we all reach our goals this year!!!

GrowingGlory
January 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Waist would be nice.

HairFaerie
January 12th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I would like to reach BSL by the end of December 2011. I think I can do it!
Go hair! Grow! :)

HairFaerie
January 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hmmmmm...on second thought, maybe I was being a tad too optimistic. I will aim for APL and if I get further than that, I will be pleased. So, I change my answer to APL!

countryhopper
January 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I hope to reach waist by this time next year!!

Smile4Kiki
January 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM
im shooting for solid APL.. *fingers-crossed*.

lsnyder09
January 12th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I must say it is humbling to hear all of your goals, but I myself and looking to reach lower back by the end of the year. It has been growing a lot lately and I believe I can do it. I'm just passed bsl after a winter trim

HannahDelicious
January 12th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Tailbone! *crosses fingers* :p

MrsGuther
January 12th, 2011, 07:34 PM
My goal would be at least 2 or 3 inches past waist length. I will be at waist length in the next few months, so I figure it is reasonable to have the goal of 2 or three inches past waist length. :) I have a blunt hemline and I would also like to maintain that as well this year. No flat iron, no brushing (a.k.a ripping out my hair even when I'm being careful).

constancev18
January 12th, 2011, 08:23 PM
My immediate goal is full WL (30 inches) but my 2011 goal is HL (35 inches). I think 34 inches is more realistic.

MissCoco
January 12th, 2011, 08:56 PM
In 2010, I nearly reached hip length for the first time, but cut back to slightly above APL because I was tired of the difference between the layers/bangs I'm growing out and the rest of my hair. After taking hair growth supplements, I'm now three inches away from BSL. Considering that I'm only 5'2 and quite skinny, I could get near waist length at the end of this year; MBL is certain, anyway. I'm starting at about 24"/61cm and expecting 7"/17cm of growth this year, which is, if my calculations are correct, what I got the last time I grew my hair naturally four years ago (without any heat or supplements). I'm planning on heavy oilings most of the time, more protective styling, no trims, no heat, continuing my healthy diet and staying motivated to exercise more regularly.

Well, that's all with my rambling tonight! :p Good luck everyone!!

Twarg
January 13th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm hoping to achieve bra strap or mid-back length. I just cut my hair to somewhere between shoulder and armpit length from bra strap. Since it just had it's cut, I'm going to grow it out the whole year. I have a fair amount of heat styling and chemical colour damage, but I've gone cold turkey for a while now.

I want to learn to keep my hair up in fun ways!

Braidy
January 13th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I'm now say SL+ and I'd like to reach at least BSL by the end of the year. I don't have a very good idea yet of how much growth I can get in a year. All I know is that I'm a fast grower. I'll have to wait and see exactly how fast that is.

CurlySoleil
January 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
My goal this year is to reach APL. For me, that's about 5 more inches. I will be doing a lot of bunning/protective styling to reach my goal! I am also incorporating Ayurveda into my regimen. Mostly to strengthen my strands. This is the first time I've consciously worked towards growing my hair, and I'm learning that patience truly is a virtue!

Joliebaby
January 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
To reach waist this summer and maintain to trim layers off (the last 4" or so) OR go on to grow to hip!! I don't think I could possibly reach hip this year anyway, even with no trims.

We'll see how I will feel when I reach waist. But waist is my first big goal... For some reason (I wonder why, huh!) I have a feeling that waist won't feel long enough though and I will not want to pause :)
On the other hand I do love neat, blunt ends!

Noctifer
January 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
mine are:
Reach waist
And decide if i want to grow out to have my real haircolor or not, which has been one of my goals for about two years now.....

dragonmyst
January 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'm hoping my hair hits waist before next year. I'm sitting at bsl at the moment. I am also not bleaching any more, just going to go with the henna.

Good goals folks!

monkfish
January 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I hope to get to APL by the end of this year and to thicken the hair up starting next week.
My hair has been badly thinned out and I hope to get it fixed as good as possible starting on tuesday! So... And yeah, staying away from cutting it!

My goal is:
Thicker hair all over!
APL until December.
NO cutting!

:D

AuburnAlight
January 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I'm hoping to reach APL by June, which will probably happen. Then on to BSL which I'll probably reach next year. Or on christmas, who knows? :D I'll wait and see.

InHeels
January 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
My hair goal for 2011 is hiplength en thicker and healthier ends :)

Celtic Morla
January 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'd love to get to wiast length!

growing2shine
January 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
My goal length for 2011 is to reach hip... But if my hair doesn't stall or something I think I'm going to reach TB length. My hair is growing so fast, I almost can't believe it! :D

... Happy growing in 2011! :cheer:

musicallberrii
January 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I'm hoping for waist length by the end of this coming year, and hopefully my final goal of tailbone not long after!

KarenSJ
January 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
My hair growth goal for 2011 is mid-back (and hopefully healthy!). I'm currently at top of BSL, and am not doing ANY trims this year.

Other hair growth-aid! :D goals include oiling the ends regularly, washing only 2-3X per week, finger-combing or wide tooth combing only, and wearing my hair braided/bunned/up when at work or in windy weather.

kouran
January 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
In 2011 I wish to lessen my hair loss (I'm not really sure how) and to reach classic length.

Karala
January 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
My goal is what I has set when I began this long hair quest thing in summer 2009 : 30 inches by summer 2011. Then maybe waist by the end of the year? (about 31.5 inches on me). But I'll probably prefer to trim some more to thicken up the ends. Ending up with ii hair all over, from ponytail to tips, is one of my main hair goals. Probably not going to happen this year though.

jojo
January 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I hope to be 36" by January 2012, which will bring me near TBL. I am also not trimming until November when I hope to reach hip length!

hazelnut
January 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
My hair goal for this year is to get the full 6 inches of hair growth that I should be getting every year (and actually be able to see that growth.):)

Bellona
January 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I have been abusing my hair lately. Well, not really abusing, but I've been really busy and have been blow drying and brushing a lot more than I should...and not oiling.

I am at BSL right now, with some shorter layers. My goal is waist, and to finally get the shorter layers around APL so they stop sticking out everywhere!

summerjade
January 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful!!!Mine is at only 23 inches right now!! I've got to not trim so often and as much!! O.K. My goal for the year will be 29 inches!!!
Thanks for the encouragement!!!

MandaMom2Three
January 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM
If I'm REAL lucky, I might see mid back, but I'm hoping to be at BSL by the end of the year at least.

Fabulosity
January 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM
My goal is to enjoy the journey. I'm starting with fairly short, gray "old lady" hair, and looking forward to the changes that happen on my head and in my heart as the year progresses. This is the first time in my life I have grown my hair. Even as a child I had short hair. I am in my fifties, and excited to undertake this task. Let us all have a wonderful 2011!

aenflex
January 19th, 2011, 06:02 PM
BSL, (fingers crossed)

summerjade
January 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Good luck to all !! I hope everyone reaches their goal this year.

Hylia
January 19th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Waist, Im about an inch an a half maybe from BSL now. So hopefully :)

constantki
January 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I would like to hit 40 inches but if I can break 35 at this point I will be thrilled

jujube
January 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Shoulder length FTW!

<3OnHerSleeve
January 19th, 2011, 06:39 PM
My goals are:
1. Grow hair to waist (hopefully by October, fingers crossed earlier)
2. Cut out layers to midback
3. Grow hair back to waist by my 21st birthday which is next year early 2012

SummerSkye
January 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I just want mine to stop falling out! I'm going to work really hard on improving the condition, stop highlighting ( bad I know) but if I could get my hair to APL or even BSL I would be exstatic!

curlytm
January 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
In the fall of 2010, I got to right about APL (I didn't measure in inches) and hit a 3 month stall. I'm growing out bleach (only about 3 inches of that left, now) and the damage was just breaking off my ends and destroying them. I felt like I was "wasting" growth at my scalp, only to see it shatter off of my ends. I'm not one of those people that's emotional about my hair or super fearful of hair cuts, so this was an easy choice (in fact, the only reason the stall persisted for 3 months was because I was in "benign neglect" mode. Still taking care of it, but ignoring its growth).

I decided to chop off a huge chunk of those damaged ends (probably 3-4 inches, all still post-bleach hair) and ended up at shoulder length when straight, just off the shoulders when curly. I decided to "come back" to TLHC, now measuring in at 18". Now with persistant care for my ends, they seem to be in quite good shape (not perfect, but good).

So what's my goal for 2011? 6 inches of growth. That would put me at BSL (probably closer to APL when curly). This, of course, assumes that I will have an average growth rate (which I seem to have) and very little breakage or trims. We shall see!

schweedie
January 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I haven't got a real length goal, but I'd love to get to hip length. I'm not sure it's feasible since I'm just at sort-of-waist, but it'd be awesome! But first of all, I'm gonna set the goal to gain enough length to do a Chinese bun.

ArienEllariel
January 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Midback/waist. I'm an inch from BSL so we'll see how it goes this year with no trims..

curlytm
January 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I haven't got a real length goal, but I'd love to get to hip length. I'm not sure it's feasible since I'm just at sort-of-waist, but it'd be awesome! But first of all, I'm gonna set the goal to gain enough length to do a Chinese bun.

I like that goal! Since measuring can be so...flaky, this is a really "measurable" goal. Either you can or you can't. Brilliant!

I remember the days when my goal was to be able to put up both high and low ponytails without needing bobby pins. I had achieved it last year, but no longer. Right now, I can wear a low but not high ponytail/bun. Maybe that would be a good goal.

anodyne_ame
January 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
My length goal is to reach 1m or 40", if my growth rate returns to the whopping 4cm/month it was during summer, I just might make it. Trims and all.

Other than that, I plan to learn more hairstyles. Since I'm left-handed, I need to learn to follow tutorials in mirror-image. Takes a while to get the hang of each style :)
I also plan to find a routine that works for me. Try going no-cone and no-sulfate, to see how that works for me.

BellCat
January 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'd love to reach hip length :cheese:

krissykins
January 27th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hip length by December? I'm at waist right now.

:wannabe:

mizsunshyne
January 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
My goals:

1. Not to cut
2. To keep it out of a ponytail (there's like a permanent crease in my hair from it)
3. To reach and hopefully pass BSL

oktobergoud
January 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
That are some crazy long goals! (well most of your hair is already long, in my opinion anyway ;))

My goal length is *drumroll*.. chin length :D It's a pixie cut right now and I've been trying to grow it out for years and I never got further than chin length.. and that was years ago! So yes, I want to try it again, and maybe even grow it out longer after that :)

wildblue
January 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'm hoping for waist length this year!

wildblue
January 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
And good luck to everyone! :)

GrowingGlory
January 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Waist length would be great, or at least MBL. I seem to be growing 1.5" per month lately.

Cirafly24
January 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I'm hoping to reach 45 inches by the end of the year :) That will bring me within 3 inches of Classic.

Mesmerise
January 27th, 2011, 08:04 PM
My goal is to reach waist I think, and keep it there until it thickens up (from my big shed of last year...:rolleyes:...). I MAY go a bit past waist though?? I won't trim before June (or end of May as I MAY be going away at start of June) and then if it's at waist there... I will trim every couple of months and just sort of keep it there for awhile.

I'd LOVE to go for hip but I can't with the current thinness... it's just going to get too stringy until it fills in...which could take ages.

I will start trying castor oil (when I get some), and maybe start taking biotin and other hair vitamins to go for added speed of growth, less shedding and hopefully thicker hair!

Patrice
January 28th, 2011, 01:23 AM
The last few years, I've been hoovering between TB and Classic, currently mid-butt, let's try reaching classic again by the end of this year.

Avital88
January 28th, 2011, 01:35 AM
This year i want my ends healthier and thicken up my hemline. Plus i want to reach tailbone..I need 6 more inches ,what is a lot.
But i'm sure with the right care and no heat or chemicals i can make it.

rosek
January 28th, 2011, 03:28 AM
My goal is fingertip, which is another 5 inches. Pretty sure I can get there this year!

constantki
July 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I made my goal!! I'm at 35 inches curly, and a little more than 40 when straight!

Cirafly24
July 19th, 2011, 07:24 PM
My original goal was to reach 45 inches, which at the time would bring me close to classic. Well...I've lost a fairly large amount of weight since the beginning of the year, and apparently, my butt has shrunk enough so that classic is at 43-44" now :D So...I hope to reach solid classic by the end of the year.

Miss Maisie
July 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
My goal for the year is to have the front of my hair below my collarbones. I'm about 1.5-2 inches away from that, so I'm pretty sure that it will happen.

jujube
July 19th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping by the end of 2011 to be at the middle point between shoulder and APL.

Tigermama
July 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Solid BSL, which for me is a little past waist when stretched out. I am getting close now, my longest bits are right around waist when stretched. In five months, the additional 2 inches should do it! I plan to trim 1/4 inch twice until then. I am getting 1/2 inch per month, which is wonderful for me.

McFearless
July 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Well this is a new year's thread but my goal for the end of the year is to be closer to hip. I'm currently at waist. Once I get to hip I plan on maintaining to get rid of damage.

Ermine
July 19th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I want an all one length chin length bob. At this rate, it's going to happen!

kelly-j
July 20th, 2011, 03:47 AM
My goal is to to reach hip by the end of 2011. I really think it´s possible. Right now I´m slightly past waist.

pixiestar
July 20th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I want to get to apl by the end of the year:D I think it will happen:D

kme81
July 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I'm hoping for a solid waist length by the end of this year...I'm not sure if it will happen in time but it will be verrrrrry close...only about 2-3 in. to go for solid, probably ~2 in. will get the bottom hairs to reach waist!!! So close yet so far!

tgagurl27
July 20th, 2011, 03:58 AM
i want to get to waist by the end of the year :D i think its possible but i think it will be quite fairy tale endy because of my layers still growing out, but I refuse to cut it!! haha

Ligeia_13
July 20th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I'm a little over APL so I suppose the best I could wish for would be BSL at Christmas? And that's a stretch :p

Mina_Harker
July 20th, 2011, 04:28 AM
I would like my hair to be at my hips by the end of this year. I have no clue if it grows fast enough to get there but a girl can dream can't she? I also have a goal of trying to do something interesting at least 3 days out of the week. That sounds like a lame goal compared to some of the friends on this site who are updo veterans but taking ballet for so long and having to wear my hair in a bun for every class turned me off updos for quite a while:(

Automne
July 20th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I wish my hair could reach hip length for christmas 2012 but it's pretty ambitious. If my hair will be past waist that would be great! I am almost waist length now.

HappyHair87
July 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM
By the end of the year I hope to be APL stretched. I go by my stretched length because I get some crazy shrinkage!

Tuna
July 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
By the end of the year i hope to reach tailbone lenght. Somewere about 10 cm left... lets hope for the best. grow, grow! :D

ooo
July 20th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I'd like to reach APL in curly state by the end of the year.

done :cheese:

2012 BSL stretched

beccababesx
July 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Solid waist :)

Flutterbee
July 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I started this year at shoulder, my longest layers are currently just about APL so I'm hoping for BSL by December 31st!

HappyHair87
July 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
done :cheese:

2012 BSL stretched

Congrats!!!:cheese:

Solid waist :)

Your hair is sooo pretty!

We're gonna make our goals y'all! We just are!:)

Mrspuddinhead
July 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
My hair as of recent has been growing 1" a month verses the normal 1/2". So I'm hoping before or by May of next year I will be at waist which is 30". Currently at 24 1/2". My fiancee wants me to stop there but I plan on growing to hip, perhaps longer. I was thinking somewhere around 40".

SC
July 20th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I kind of hope that it would be shoulder length by next year, but even if I started that new biotin right away, it wouldn't be realistic with my growth rate. To neck is my goal for this year.

ElusiveMuse
July 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Ugh, I'd love to finally make it solidly to waist length. That was my goal last year but I've trimmed at least 3 inches in the past year so I'm not much farther along than last summer. My hair grows so slowly, I think I only get maybe 4 inches of growth per year.

AlannaMaria
July 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I would LOVE to be at waist by the end of this year. I keep thinking my hair is only just past BSL, but I just did a rough measure, and I'm already almost 4 inches past! And considering the fact that I'm trying to keep my hair up as much as possible with no trims, it could be pretty close. : )

whitestiletto
July 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
My hair is apl now. Im hoping to hit bsl, but that might be a pipe dream.

Messyhair
July 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM
My goals seem to get modified as I go through the year... now my goal is to reach a happy mid-back or whatever you call the no-man's-land between BSL and waist. :) Happy, because I will be snipping at the end of the year to fix the shape a bit. I made a deep u-shape in January and forgot to snip off the tip, but I'm letting it all grow crazy until next trim time.

I've finally found the shampoo of my dreams, so my hair isn't crazy oily immediately following a wash. So that goal is complete!

ChatNoir
July 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM
BSL, I think. I'll soon be hitting the top of the strap and hopefully I'll manage to grow past it during the remainings of the year :D

Zesty
July 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm hoping to be past waist and moving on to hip. Which seems like a reasonable goal, since I'm 1" away from waist and 4" away from hip.

lacefrost
July 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I think I initially said waist. I don't know if that's possible but a nice thick MBL.

AceOfCurls
July 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping for hip length while curly, but since I've been stuck at waist length for a year I don't know if it'll be possible. If I get to hip length then I will maintain it there for six months while I thicken my hemline and make sure my hair is healthy enough to move onto my next goal length, which is tb.

georgia_peach
July 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
2 1/2" of growth by January 1, 2012 means:
Bangs below earlobe and
Length sitting on top of shoulders

:pumpkin: This pumpkin means absolutely nothing. I've just been wanting to use it. :D

vanillabones
July 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
My goal for the end of the year is even at shoulder length, then from there I will be going for VIRGIN at shoulder length. Hopefully before 2010 the growing will commence!

darklyndsea
July 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
My goal for the end of the year is even at shoulder length, then from there I will be going for VIRGIN at shoulder length. Hopefully before 2010 the growing will commence!
Time travel? :p

QueenJoey
July 20th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Finally reach waist, maybe even trim off a few layers and some damage. If I take extremely good care of my hair, I could possible even get past waist and be on my way to hip!

I also want to stretch washes to once a week and get my hair to finally transition to WO. I hate that my hair is a total grease bomb just 24 hours after a shower.

gthlvrmx
July 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Get to waist and have it be at noticeable length when curly by the end of Dec!!
Gain noticeable thickness back :D

MagicAndMayhem
July 20th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I wanna be past waist!!!

teal
July 21st, 2011, 12:58 AM
Past hip. I have no idea how fast my hair grows... it's seemed to grow a lot in the past three years or so but I've been pregnant or breastfeeding for a large portion of that time. If I get to tailbone (that'd be a miracle) then I'd consider it a happy bonus! :cheese:

KittyLost
July 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM
I'm hoping to finally hit APL this year.

C.H.
July 21st, 2011, 01:43 AM
I should hit tailbone by the end of the year. I have no idea how fast my hair grows, but if I manage 1/2 inch per month, I'm right on track.

theodora
July 21st, 2011, 03:38 AM
I want to hit BSL for christmas! I thought I was doing really well with my growth this summer as I had a massive spurt of 2 inches in less than a month. But then I stopped growing completely. I haven't grown at all in a month. I got maybe 1/8 inch.

So I'm not so sure about BSL at the end of the year, but hey, I can dream right?

MissAlida
July 21st, 2011, 03:43 AM
I am past APL now, and would like to be BSL by christmas. My hair grows quite slowly, so I might not get there, but who knows. I just changed my routine, from an anti-dandruff shampoo (cones + sulphates) + a greasy hair shampoo (also cones + sulphates) + conditioner, all these used one after another on the whole lenght (feel free to feel horrified:o) to washing with one tbs of baking soda, followed up by one tbs ACV diluted in a cup of water, and some diluted conditioner in a spraying bottle, used only when hair looks and feels dry. I hope the new routine and lack of chemicals will help me grow faster.:D Going for BSL.

MissAlida
July 21st, 2011, 03:45 AM
So I'm not so sure about BSL at the end of the year, but hey, I can dream right?
Let's dream together then:D.

Mesmerise
July 21st, 2011, 03:50 AM
I guess my goal is noticably thicker ends without losing TOO much length. Originally I wanted to be past waist, but a chop of 2.5" means that won't be happening! Now I've decided to focus on having thicker ends. I originally wanted to grow then thicken...but now I think I'll thicken and then grow!

Ligeia_13
July 21st, 2011, 04:48 AM
Let's dream together then:D.

I shall dream with you both :D

freckles
July 21st, 2011, 05:38 AM
I would love love to reach tailbone, but even with no trims I think that's a *tad* out of reach, and I may trim a bit in this year (not till Summer/Autumn though) so I don't think I'll reach tailbone this year :( I would like to reach hip in the summertime though, and so be past hip by the end of the year :) Maybe CLOSE to tailbone!

this is what I posted at the beginning of the year ^^ ...

Well, MAYBE I'm on track. I wanted to reach hip in the Summer. I am now hovering right at 'can I call this hip?' wondering whether my hair is hip or if that's just wishful thinking! I am now pretty sure I will not be at tailbone by the end of the year, but pleeassse just let me be CLOSE!

nazzooyzo
July 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Well i hope by the end of the year to be past collarbone length and by summer 2012 to be very close or at apl.

Helix
July 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Well I was hoping to be APL by this year, but since it looks like I'm there already I'm hoping to start closing in on BSL this year. Once my hair grows past that point I'll begin a series of trims to get rid of the relaxed ends then resume growing.

prettykitty
July 21st, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm hoping to be close to waist by the end of the year, and just to have healthy hair.

jacqueline101
July 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
I'd like to have beyond shoulder length hair and it to be healthy. I'd like to try new things to my hair and stretch washes.

sun-kissed
July 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I would like my hair near to waist, no trims, and be down to washing once a week. Not sure if I'll get the waist, that would be four whole inches from what I have now. But I can try. (:

EtherealOde
July 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
My goals aren't length related, but more about care. This year I want to trim off the rest of my dyed ends. I will pamper my virgin hair and protect the ends and length with gentle and protective updos. Regular oilings, and plenty of deep conditioning treatments with a heat cap. No blowdryer, hot rollers, curling irons, or flat irons. Silk pillowcare at night until my hair is about armpit length, then silk sleep cap.

All the good things I learned here about hair care here at the LHC will be used on my hair to keep it as soft and strong and undamaged as possible so that I can get the maximum growth with small need for trimming. I don't know how long it will take, but I really want to see what lengths my hair can reach with good care from the start. Now that the damage is gone, I have been caring for my hair as I should have been all along instead of damaging it.

My length goal is classic with thick ends, if it is possible. I really don't know what my terminal length is because I've never reached it. But if it turns out that my terminal length is beyond classic, I am going to keep growing until I see what it is, at least once in my life. Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out I am a knee length capable grower? I probably wouldn't keep it that long if so, but it would be wonderful to see it that way before cutting it back!

SallyCinnamon
July 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
My goals are:

1. Grow to waist (or as close to waist as possible by Dec.) Which means tiny trims only, which I do myself. No salon haircuts.

2. Don't use dye. I quit using dye last year. It was difficult at first, but now I like my natural color, and don't get the "I HAVE to dye it now" urges as much (Sometimes on this forum, I read posts where people show off their cool new hair colors, and I love reading those posts, but it makes me want to dye my hair too. So far I'm resisting.)

3. Try to CO-wash more. I take a stab at it now and then, but usually go back to Shampoo & Conditioner out of habit. My hair does fine with the S&C, but I think CO-washing a bit more than I do now would be just a little gentler on my hair.

That's all I can think of for now!

kidari
July 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
1) I would love to reach waist by the end of this year.

2) I'm trying to completely quit using damaging hair styling products, hairspray in particular.

3) Be more open to experiment with things that I'm not used to and is out of my comfort level such as ACV rinses, stretching washes, and CO washing. Since I thought I would hate putting diluted conditioner into my hair after washing. Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

maborosi
July 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
I want to hit 30" by December- I'm pretty close now, so I can easily see that happening as long as I take care of my ends. :3

And be able to do a nice deep conditioning twice a month!

Oh, and get some hairtoys. lol

~maborosi~

Naava
July 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hoping to get to shoulder length by the end of the year...

Tabihito
July 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
I want to be solid BSL, creeping towards MBL (I've got a short torso, so BSL to waist won't take nearly as long as APL to BSL did).

cocoahair
July 22nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hoping to gain 3 inches by the end of the year:)

oktobergoud
July 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
A bob, no matter what kind of bob :P

backwoodsbeauty
July 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
I am hping to get to 34" by the end of 2011 :wannabe:

TheCaityCat
July 22nd, 2011, 06:13 PM
I'd like to get to shoulder length. My hair grows about 2/3 of an inch per month, so this should be doable! 3.5 inches might not be much of a goal for some but it's substantial when you're bouncing back from a chin-length A-line cut!

Kome
July 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
I plan to reach hip by Christmas and thicken' my ends back up. I may cut back to waist to thickin' up, but I'm not sure. I'll definately do a good trim at least though. I miss my thickness from Christmas last year.

Schipperchow
July 23rd, 2011, 04:02 AM
For the rest of the year, I hope to grow & retain 2.5". This will place me right in the middle of waist to hip.

goldenmoments
July 23rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
I hope to pass bsl

Aveyronnaise
July 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
I hope to get to BSL by New Year's Eve !

rachelily
August 13th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I would love to get to BSL curly by Christmas. I am almost almost there when I pull my curls straight (like a centimeter away) so in 5 months I think I can knock out those last two inches!

patienceneeded
August 13th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I am about 2-3 inches from BSL so I am hoping I can reach at least that by 2012. If my growth hold steady I'll be a little bit past BSL... Lucky for me, BSL to Waist is a pretty short journey, so that won't take too long. =]

rachelily
August 13th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I am about 2-3 inches from BSL so I am hoping I can reach at least that by 2012. If my growth hold steady I'll be a little bit past BSL... Lucky for me, BSL to Waist is a pretty short journey, so that won't take too long. =]

Ooh we're in this together then! And lucky about the short journey to waist haha. I'm really tall so it will take me a while :(

beccababesx
August 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Waist length! :) :). Also, eliminate split ends.

archel
August 15th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'd love to be to BSL by New Year's Day, but I'm thinking that may be impossible even with the castor oil, as that's 4-5 inches. :-P

ManCityBlues
August 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM
As a guy who just started growing out his hair I just want to get it longer while learning how to care for it properly. I would also like to find some different ways to put my hair up, since the only thing that i do now is a low pony tail.

oktobergoud
August 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Chin length, I think.. but I'm not going to make that :P But I'd like to be able to wear a ponytail, so that will be my goal for 2011 :)

Aerin
August 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I want to solidly make it past APL by Christmas...I'm like 2-3 inches right now, but my hair is so out of control and fluffy at this length that it's hard to tell.

MonikaHa
August 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I wish... hope... pray for APL by the end of this year. Right now I am stuck somewhere between shoulder and APL.

Raqdoll
August 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm hoping for hip - but that's about 5" away, so I don't know that I'll make it before the year end. Although I haven't measured for this month yet. We'll see!

Kelikea
August 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I want to reach tailbone! It's 6-8 more inches, but maybe I'll get close.

longcurlygirl<3
August 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I want to reach belly button length. And achieve pretty curls with length at the same time. Pls, try to strech washes more

AngelDella
August 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I started the year at shoulder length and even though I hadn't found this group, I decided to go for no trims and no highlights. My hair has grown to APL since then. After finding this board, I have decided to also give up my heat styling and hope to at least reach BSL by the new year. I think I can get there judging by the length it grew even while blow drying and heat rolling. Glad I found this site because I was getting ready to give in and highlight again. I am now encouraged to appreciate and bring out my natural highlights :)

omgitssarah
August 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm growing out a pixie/buzz combination, so I'm hoping for chin-ish by this time next year.

Evalea
August 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
28", stretch washes, and control the frizz! I'm at 25" right now but my hair grows rather slowly.

CurlyMopTop
August 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I want to reach BSL by the end of the year. :)

racrane
August 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I started at above shoulder this year and didn't have any goals, I just wanted to learn about hair. Well, I certainly did by finding this site! :D Anyway, I think I'll be just one inch away from BSL by the beginning of January. I never realized how fast my hair grows because I trimmed all the time. I'm excited because this is the year of discovering my hair's potential. :)

constancev18
August 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM
My goal was HL but a more realistic goal is 1.5 inches past WL. With dedication I may be able to do this!

Mesmerise
August 15th, 2011, 09:08 PM
My goal is thicker ends! I really really wanted WL by the end of the year, but my ends were awful so I've chop chopped them... and I'm nowhere near waist anymore :( (I was sooooo close too!). But if at the end of the year my ends aren't see-through I'll be happy!

My other goal is not not let any heat styling or chemical colour near my hair. Of course...that's not just a year goal but a LIFE goal now!!

I think I'll need to wait for 2012 for a new growth goal...

Ermine
August 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
All one length, somewhere between mouth and chin length. I think it's possible since my shortest layers are currently 2-3 inches from being all one length.

I also want to find a good hair routine that allows me to wash every day (I've tried stretching washes, and it's terrible) without damaging my hair. CO's not working too well so I'm trying to find the right shampoo/method.

Juicematic
August 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
My hair goal is waist length and to maintain my ends so that they can thicken up

curlytm
October 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
So what's my goal for 2011? 6 inches of growth. That would put me at BSL (probably closer to APL when curly). This, of course, assumes that I will have an average growth rate (which I seem to have) and very little breakage or trims. We shall see!

I wrote that post on January 27, 2011 when my hair was at 18". Today, I measure at just over 22". Four inches in 9-ish months? I can live with that. I can now put my hair in high AND low buns/ponytails and get all my hair in it. I am past APL and about 2 inches away from the bottom of my bra strap.

I feel that my growth rate is indeed the average 0.5" a month, but I'm losing some length due to breakage from bleach/dye damage. I intend to stay at BSL and trim up frequently to rid myself of the damage.

But the best news? I decided to stop ALL dye/color treatment in late May. Today, I have just over 2" of virgin hair. Hooraayyy!! In May, I amended my goal to include no color treatment, and growing out my virgin hair to at least BSL.

How are your goals coming along? Have you already reached them? Have you amended them?

moon2dove
October 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
@curlytm
Congratulations !! :)
So glad you've met your goal..
I'm quite new here, so just found this thread. I didn't have a goal until I joined LHC , I would love to be BSL by December-ish :) That would really make my year. Because I'm curly too, I get so down that when my hair is dry it always seems to be SL and past BSL when wet! (damn)

Orangerthanred
October 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
I want to get to waist length, but it won't be possible for a few years.

I have to slowly trim off the chemically straightened hair as my new hair grows out, so I guess my goal is to get most of the bad hair off?

irishlady
October 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
Mine will probably still be no longer than shoulder length. I am trying to grow out my fringe to the same length as the rest before I continue on to BCL.

Noreth
October 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Til the end of 2011... one full inch of unstretched curls! With the way it's been growing, that's a perfectly reasonable goal.:)

skyblue
October 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
I want to get at a solid 40 inches right now just an inch away but I'm also hoping to have it to half way down my butt by January....a nice solid half butt lol not just the few fast growing hairs ;)

owlathena
October 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
My goal is to get to 33" by the new year!

I'm a little over 31' right now, so I'm going to have to get a little extra growth for that to happen. Shoot for the sun!

Red Rapunzel
October 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'm torn between going for knee-length or cutting back significantly to thicken my ends. This will probably be my last shot to make knee length in my natural color, but I am not wild about the lacy look in my lower lengths. If I cut about 8 inches off, it'd look much thicker, but then I'd be waistlength. Still, that's long hair - but not as long as it could be . . . . I'd like to know what knee length was like. Hmmmm . . . .

MaryRose
October 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I started the year off at 1 inch short of APL with a goal to reach BSL by the end of the year. I measured my hair Sept 30 and I am 1 inch short of BSL. I think i will reach it before the year is up without my curls being pulled straight.

Angeldances
October 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping for TB by Christmas but im not sure im going to make it as time is running out and my hair seems to be stalling.

gthlvrmx
October 4th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Hit waist by the end of the year. If not, that's ok.

tgagurl27
October 4th, 2011, 03:11 AM
im not sure if iv already commented on this thread haha most probably and i'll probably say the exact same thing haha but I hope to be at solid waist length by the end of the year.. I think it's definately going to happen because i'm nearly at waist now and I seem to be getting some impressive growth (touch wood that it doesn't stop now that i've said that) so yea fingers crossed :D

ssjhotau2
October 4th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I don't know if I've commented on this thread or not- I hope to be solidly between Hip and Tail Bone by the end of December. Fingers crossed

krissykins
October 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I was close to my year end goal of hip, but then I trimmed my hair (which needed it badly). Maybe I'll be there by the end of January?

kittymallow
October 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I so badly want to be bsl by december, but i feel m hair never gets longer :(