PDA

View Full Version : Dripping wet and hating it

Flossy
January 11th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I'm sitting here, trying to study, but my hair is dripping wet as I am trying to properly type it, once and for all.

It's so annoying! I have no idea how long before it's dry. I'm a bit scared about how it will look, it's very humid here today.

No (***slaps herself***), don't touch it!

Kherome
January 11th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I did this tonight too and didn't exactly love it either! Hang in there!

longlockenvy
January 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
:laugh: too funny. I was like that last night, and then DH attacked me on the couch, so I got mad and put it in a braid. lol

Organic
January 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I drip dried for the first time in years today.. I used the soap. I used ACV rinse... I hate the sound of the blow drier. I may come to like this. I have to rearrange the time I wash my hair so I don't go to work dripping wet. How do you all do this?

monsterna
January 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I drip dried for the first time in years today.. I used the soap. I used ACV rinse... I hate the sound of the blow drier. I may come to like this. I have to rearrange the time I wash my hair so I don't go to work dripping wet. How do you all do this?

Shower at night. :)

I just did, along with an ACV as well. My hair doesn't take too long to air dry, I never let it drip dry though. I always blot with a towel. No point in having it dripping everywhere and it's cold here tonight, too....

ddiana1979
January 11th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I wash my hair right after work, then blot well, but gently with a towel a few times before putting on a robe, so that by the time I'm ready to go to bed, it's nearly dry. My robe is thick terry cloth with a collar of sorts that can be flipped up, so I don't have to feel the cold drips, which admittedly feel kind of gross.

McFearless
January 11th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Put a towel over your shoulders so you can't feel it :)

AnnaMarie
January 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM

I just did, along with an ACV as well. My hair doesn't take too long to air dry, I never let it drip dry though. I always blot with a towel. No point in having it dripping everywhere and it's cold here tonight, too....

I agree, my hair take forever to dry and I can't help messing with it, but if I wash at night by morning its almost dry and pretty much ready to go :D

bumblebums
January 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I have a large microfiber towel and an old stretched out headband that I use to make a big "towel bun" out of my dripping hair, at the nape. The towel is super-absorbent so it soaks up a lot of the water, and then the hair air-dries pretty quickly.

Flossy
January 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I didn't think you were 'allowed' to do anything when you were trying to type your hair? Normally I would have my hair up in a microfibre towel turban, and then it doesn't take too long to dry after that.

It looks like an octopus has crawled onto my head, with it's tentacles hanging down my back...

melikai
January 11th, 2011, 10:55 PM
As far as I know (although for some reason, people seem to be getting increasingly "hardcore" about hair typing), you can dry it with a towel. You just wash your hair as you normally wash it, and don't brush, comb, or heat dry it.

Flossy
January 11th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Eh, it's nearly dry now and looks nothing like I thought it would turn out. I am dying to run my fingers through it...

Aliped
January 11th, 2011, 11:24 PM

.........:thumbsup:

pepperminttea
January 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I put mine in towel prior to hair-typing, too. Goodness only knows how long it'd take without the towel. :bigeyes:

perkidanman
January 12th, 2011, 12:15 AM
AGH, i have SUCH a hard time with letting my hair dry! I live in Colorado and the air dries out my skin so letting a sopping wet mop of hair lay on my back for an hour or so until it dries makes my skin itch SO BAD where it's damp, even with a towel!

bumblebums
January 12th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I didn't think you were 'allowed' to do anything when you were trying to type your hair? Normally I would have my hair up in a microfibre towel turban, and then it doesn't take too long to dry after that.

As far as I know (although for some reason, people seem to be getting increasingly "hardcore" about hair typing), you can dry it with a towel. You just wash your hair as you normally wash it, and don't brush, comb, or heat dry it.

Yeh, I don't think patting your hair dry will ruin your typing results. You don't want to, say, plop, but soaking up extra water is "allowed". It's like melikai said--the point is not to manipulate the hair in a way that would destroy the curls or encourage them, but I know from experience that patting with a towel does neither.