PDA

View Full Version : Invisible hairnets

lapushka
January 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
You know the kind that dancers wear?

When I was a kid my mom used them over high buns to keep the bun tidy all day. They did break easily from what I remember.

Anyway, I thought why not mention it as it's a perfectly good way to keep those pesky layers in updos (for those of us with layers). It's great for those times when your updo has to be really neat and tidy.

Here's a link to a picture of Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia with one of those hairnets. I came across this while searching Google for hairnets.
http://kay-dee.net/costumes/leia_anh/carrie-net.jpg

Mind you, I'm talking about the really *really* thin, almost invisible ones, that go over buns. They are very thin, almost like fine hair, kind of spider webby.

The way my mom did it. She bunned my hair, stuck U-pins in the bun, all over the bun, then twisted the hairnet around the bun a few times.

Just thought I'd mention it. Could come in handy.

squintinschool
January 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
The way my mom did it. She bunned my hair, stuck U-pins in the bun, all over the bun, then twisted the hairnet around the bun a few times.

Just thought I'd mention it. Could come in handy.

They are handy for ballerina buns. Although my mom did it different. She put the hair up in a pony, bunned it, and then put the doubled up hair net over it, and then U-pinned the life out of it. They still kinda stand out on my hair, since its neither blond nor brown, but are very useful for skating/ballet. I don't really use them much now though, because I don't have anything that requires that amount of smoothness.