PDA

View Full Version : hair lotion for super grow (I hope)

monichella
January 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM
After talking with a friend I decided to copy her hair lotion with wich she gaigned a super growth of 2.2 cm per month.

Here it is:
-bay saint thomas essential oil (pimenta racemosa) 8 drops
-ROSEMARY Essential Oil (Rosemarinus officinalis) 8 drops
-lavander essential oil 8 drops
-pure alcohol (95° that for liqueur, not ethyl alcohol!!) 5ml (about 1 teaspoon)

Apply only on the hair roots with a dropper and give a massage: the effect is hot because of pimenta and stimulates growth.
Suggested against seasonal fall too, and granted. :)

monichella
January 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
You can change alcohol with oil (i prefere cocus nucifera or jojoba wax for the scalp) or aloe vera, as you like!

elisam
September 13th, 2020, 05:46 AM
Ohhhh this is very interesting!
How often?

hennalonghair
September 13th, 2020, 06:57 AM
I’m interested also. All natural products work best for me.

florenonite
September 13th, 2020, 08:53 AM
Just FYI this thread is nearly a decade old and the OP hasn't logged in in five years so there might not be any replies forthcoming :)

hennalonghair
September 13th, 2020, 10:03 AM
Just FYI this thread is nearly a decade old and the OP hasn't logged in in five years so there might not be any replies forthcoming :)

Thanks. Noted. :agree:

elisam
September 13th, 2020, 12:11 PM
Thank you! I noticed it, but I hoped there was someone who knew something about it :)

Obsidian
September 13th, 2020, 12:29 PM
Don't just go throwing essential oils on your scalp willy nilly, some are quite dangerous at high concentrations. Do research and make sure they are safe first

elisam
September 13th, 2020, 01:36 PM
You are completely right.

Bat
September 13th, 2020, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't try it without a carrier oil, essential oil could really do a number on your scalp, still this is interesting!

GordonMurphella
September 14th, 2020, 05:04 AM

Yup. But I'll agree EOs should not be applied to the scalp, regardless of the age of the post.

florenonite
September 14th, 2020, 05:17 AM
Yup. But I'll agree EOs should not be applied to the scalp, regardless of the age of the post.

Yeah, the lack of a carrier oil for this is really questionable, especially the mention of a burning sensation shudder:

hennalonghair
September 14th, 2020, 07:38 AM
Haha. I wouldn’t have tried it without using a carrier oil. That went without saying for me but it certainly is worthy of pointing out. I’m used to using quite a few essential oils on my skin, hair and home mist diffuser

Dark40
September 20th, 2020, 08:59 PM
Essential oils will work best on your scalp more than anything. For my hair lotion I use a heavy hair lotion named, "Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion," after every wash. I always apply it as a heat protectant just before I blow dry it straight, and after the blow drying my hair has a lot of moisture and shine, and I only use a quarter size amount.

hennalonghair
September 20th, 2020, 09:08 PM
Essential oils will work best on your scalp more than anything. For my hair lotion I use a heavy hair lotion named, "Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion," after every wash. I always apply it as a heat protectant just before I blow dry it straight, and after the blow drying my hair has a lot of moisture and shine, and I only use a quarter size amount.

For the record so we don’t confuse others, what you are using here isn’t considered essential oils.
Essential oils are individual oils from certain substances like peppermint, lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, thyme. Today I use a natural bar soap and once all suds up applies a few drops of peppermint oil and left it on for a few minutes before rinsing. My scalp feels ultra healthy.

Bat
September 20th, 2020, 10:16 PM
I'm taking one for the team and trying this, of course I'm replacing alcohol with Castor and less drops of essential oil

Hexana
September 20th, 2020, 10:36 PM
I believe the alcohol she used in the original recipe might be an essential part of the recipe, because I can imagine that it would kill of any bacteria/fungy (much like the Monistat thing) on the scalp. But I don't think it is good to put alcohol on skin anywhere let alone on a sensitive part like scalp.

elisam
September 21st, 2020, 04:29 AM
I agree with Hexana, I think alcohol is essential. If I were you, I would prepare the solution exactly the way it is described, and then diluite a couple of drops in a carreer oil

GordonMurphella
September 21st, 2020, 04:56 AM

No, no they won't. And I'm confused by the Pink Oil reference? No essentials in that afaik.

florenonite
September 21st, 2020, 05:18 AM
I agree with Hexana, I think alcohol is essential. If I were you, I would prepare the solution exactly the way it is described, and then diluite a couple of drops in a carreer oil

I think you and Hexana are right about the alcohol, but diluting alcohol in a carrier oil isn't going to work without an emulsifier as oil is hydrophobic and alcohol is hydrophilic.

elisam
September 21st, 2020, 05:41 AM
I think you and Hexana are right about the alcohol, but diluting alcohol in a carrier oil isn't going to work without an emulsifier as oil is hydrophobic and alcohol is hydrophilic.

Oh yes, I didn't think about it! You are right

Lady Stardust
September 21st, 2020, 07:18 AM
I assumed that the alcohol was just a base for dilution. As far as I remember, essential oils can be diluted in carrier oil or alcohol when making perfume. Since alcohol is drying though, I would assume a carrier oil such as jojoba or sweet almond oil would be better (for those who get on well with oiling their scalp, that is!)

As others have said, it’s vital to research each essential oil and their recommended dilution. The recipe on the first page seems too concentrated (from memory of what I’ve read in the past).

ETA: The second post says oil can be substituted for alcohol. I still think the dilution is wrong!
https://www.aromaweb.com/articles/dilutingessentialoils.asp recommends 12 drops of essential oil per 30 ml of carrier oil (2%) as a generalisation (not including oils which have higher risk of irritation)

Pimenta racemosa (https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/bay-oil.asp) is more likely to irritate and 0.9% dilution is recommended

Rosemary oil (https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/rosemary-oil.asp)

Lavender (https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/lavender-oil.asp)

(I put the links for reference but there could well be better information out there so don’t take my word for it!)

Dark40
September 22nd, 2020, 07:24 AM
For the record so we don’t confuse others, what you are using here isn’t considered essential oils.
Essential oils are individual oils from certain substances like peppermint, lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, thyme. Today I use a natural bar soap and once all suds up applies a few drops of peppermint oil and left it on for a few minutes before rinsing. My scalp feels ultra healthy.

For the record no I don't want to confuse others, but the title of this thread did say, "Hair Lotion For Super Grow." I know that Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion isn't an essential oil. I know what are essential oils. I use them all of the time. I'm confused. I thought the thread was about listing hair lotions for super grow. I bet when you used the natural soap with the few drops of peppermint oil and left it in for a few minutes...I bet your scalp did feel ultra healthy. That peppermint oil mixed with the soap bar does sound like a good idea.

My 2 favorite essential oils are lavender and tea tree.

Dark40
September 22nd, 2020, 07:27 AM
No, no they won't. And I'm confused by the Pink Oil reference? No essentials in that afaik.

Yeah, you're right that that Pink Oil reference doesn't have any essential oils in it. I am confused. I thought the thread was about listing hair lotions for super hair growth. Not essential oils.