PDA

View Full Version : Probably isn't worth a whole thread but wowee, massive difference!

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Like the title says... I know this probably isn't worth a thread of its own but I've been feeling pretty crap lately, thinking my hair just wasn't moving at all. I haven't had access to a proper camera for a month, so I couldn't take any growth photos - but I took one today with my new camera... and phwoar! I feel good now.

I made a thread similar to this before after a massive growth spurt but the ends grew really unevenly and looked horrendous so I cut it back evenly again.

I think this may be due to castor oil.. but anyway;

9th December 2010.....
http://i55.tinypic.com/vkdww.jpg

11th January 2011....
http://i51.tinypic.com/2meyi2r.jpg

Maybe the angle was different on the second one that made it look a little longer, since my boyfriend took that one instead of it being on the self timer thing. Even so, it's definitely grown a lot! Castor oil is magic :Star:

Oh yeah.. I should probably add that I've done some *extreme* S&D's in this time too.

skyblue
January 11th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Oh it looks beautiful!
It looks Like its grown a lot!!
Congrats!!!

HannahDelicious
January 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Your hair is shiny like stars! ;)

sanfen
January 11th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Wow - niiiiice! That looks like a good 2 inches - is that even possible???

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Wow - niiiiice! That looks like a good 2 inches - is that even possible???

I know right.. I was thinking that too. It seems to have miraculously gotten thicker aswell. I've taken Biotin and MSM religiously during that time aswell, but castor oil was the only *new* thing added to my routine. I just ordered avocado oil, grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil aswell - spending more money I don't have, on my hair, as usual... :(.... haha.

Varney
January 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Wow! I wish my hair grew that fast. *Jealous* :)

Rocket22
January 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Wow WEE yes this deserves it's own thread!!! now tell us EXACTLY what you have been doing in great detail :)

HairFaerie
January 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Very pretty and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hemline!!!

Lostsoule77
January 11th, 2011, 03:11 PM
That has def. grown ALOT! I wish mine would grow like that. Congratulations. :)

KittyLost
January 11th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Amazing progress! What a nice surprise for you after thinking you had no progress.

It also kinda goes with the saying a watched kettle never boils since you've only been able to get a camera now :p

Sweet_Decadence
January 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
That is some amazing growth! It looks thicker & healthier too.

I've got some castor oil & avacado oil ordered and I'm very excited to recieve it now. If I can get even half that I'll be over the moon!

Keep up the good work!:cheese:

christine1989
January 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM
That is some serious growth! I love the hemline too :).

spidermom
January 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Well there ya go; all that fretting was for nothing. The growth and shine are awesome.

tinti
January 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Holy moly, is that even possible?! Great progress!

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Wow WEE yes this deserves it's own thread!!! now tell us EXACTLY what you have been doing in great detail :)

My routine isn't very different from most peoples on here, I take daily;

A cheap own brand Skin Hair & Nails tablet
Starflower Oil capsules
An A-Z Vitamin tablet
1000mg Biotin
1600mg OptiMSM
& Garlic capsules.

Hmm.. what else... My boyfriend's been playing with my hair a lot lately which means the blood flow to my scalp might have increased... haha... I also got a Tangle Teezer which is AMAZING and also gives my scalp a niice massage.

I switch between coney and non coney conditioners which I guess is kind of pointless but I can't keep using non-coney things all the time because I use so much of it and they're not that cheap.

I apply castor oil (pure, nothing else) just to my scalp, extra virgin olive oil on the ends, about once a week. It is REALLY hard to get out since castor oil is so stupidly thick and gloopy but I'd rather use full strength castor oil on my roots to try and get the most out of it.

I also S&D and do mini trims like a mad woman.. my scissors is always near... haha.

Aaaaalso: On the second photo my hair looks straightened. It isn't, but sometimes it dries straight, other times a little wavy.

BellCat
January 11th, 2011, 03:36 PM
wow what a difference! Your hair grows sooo fast!:cheese:

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
& About the hemline - I haven't cut it to a V purposely, it just seems hell bent on being a really strong V shape! I don't mind though, I like it, haha.

Rebecka_N
January 11th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Great job! It looks amazing! And itīs so shiny and thick. :)

sanfen
January 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
How long before washing do you leave it on?

Off to find the castor oil I bought a few months ago (to mix with olive oil for my face) . . . I know it's around somewhere . . . :stirpot:

I am wanting to get to BSL very, very soon.

pennyroyal
January 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Great growth & your hair is gorgeous!

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sanfren, I leave it on for a few hours. About 4 or 5 usually :)

& Thanks for the comments everyone! :D

jojo
January 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Cool! great growth

princessp
January 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I think castor oil is so awesome. I had a spike growth like that last month from castor oil too. Congratulations your hair looks great!

Sammich
January 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
That's alotta growth! ;) Congrats deary! :D

lapushka
January 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Woah. :shocked: Your hair grows super fast! :D :thumbsup:

McFearless
January 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM
That is so worth a thread. Your hair looks great, wonderful growth. Do you really think its because of castor oil? I really need to commit to that darn oil.

patienceneeded
January 11th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Your hair is SO pretty! Very nice!

I've been considering castor oil, how are you using it? If you don't mind me asking.... =]

Fufu
January 12th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Great growth, love the hemline.

Chamy
January 12th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Wow, thats some fast growth! You achieved that in one month? Woho for you :flower:

Henrietta
January 12th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Wow! Congratulations! This is definitely more growth than average! :):):)

jujube
January 12th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Amazing growth! Castor oil, eh?

Avvoltoio
January 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
your hair grow so fast!! :) with that grow rate i am sure you will reach your goal fast :)

einna
January 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Woooow! Thats so much growth! Congrats :)

hibiscus
January 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Excellent progress, congratulations!

Fadedbluedreams
January 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh WOW! That appears to be some serious growth chica!

Meridon
January 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
That is wonderful growth, and looking mighty fine with it too!

Do you realise you've probably just sent hundreds of us heading for the Castor Oil bottle? ;)

BrightEyes7
January 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Looks great! Not only have you gained a ton of length but it looks A LOT thicker!

Great growing... keep up whatever you are doing!!

NouvelleNymphe2
January 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I know right.. I was thinking that too. It seems to have miraculously gotten thicker aswell. I've taken Biotin and MSM religiously during that time aswell, but castor oil was the only *new* thing added to my routine. I just ordered avocado oil, grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil aswell - spending more money I don't have, on my hair, as usual... :(.... haha.

Wow your hairs have really grown! Do you have a specific site where you buy your oils? Are they organic?:eye:

LocustSpawning
January 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Woooo so many replies!!

& Yeah, somehow loads more hair has appeared thickness-wise aswell.

NouvelleNymphe2, I get my oils from http://enaissance.co.uk/ since they are very reasonably priced, and they're not organic from what I know.

Thanks everyone!! I'm hoping to get as close to waist as I can by July - August.

pixistixx
January 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM
wow! now I have castor oil on my list... it looks so much thicker as well :).. i feel like I can't even post anything on my hair cause it's done absolutely nothing since my avatar photo was taken lol

Loviatar
January 13th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I popped in cos I recognised your name and remembered your sig photo. :inlove: Then I remembered I also have a bottle of castor oil. Guess what I am going to try now...

LocustSpawning
January 13th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I feel nervous now! Haha... Just incase it doesn't work for other people and I look like some evil fraud or something. :(