PDA

View Full Version : Not a stupid comment exactly...

Alvrodul
January 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
... but I was in a meeting today, and while waiting for some others to come, I was chatting with the lady who was waiting with me. While we were chatting, our discussion sort of meandered along to touch on hair and hairtoys, and I decided to show the other lady one of the pair of hairtanas I was wearing today. So I pulled it out and handed it to her.
My hair stayed up - I wore it in a LWB today, and I did not pull out the one that actually held my hair in place.
She got interested, and asked if those two hairtanas really were all that held my hair. So I pulled the other, and she could see my hair come cascading down - and then demonstrated just how fast I could put up my hair, and how one stick can be all that is strictly necessary for one with my length hair! :D The other lady has "practical", shoulder length hair.
She never said anything - about my hair or my hairtoys - but I bet she was thinking plenty! :D

PiroskaCicu
January 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Wow, that must have been quite the "hair show" , hehe. I'm sure she was shocked!! Your hair sounds beautiful :)

Intransigentia
January 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM
It's fun doing hair tricks for people!

princessp
January 11th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I would have loved to have seen it!

Lianna
January 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I would have loved to see the show! :D Maybe the lady is just shy, I know I'm shy and *probably* wouldn't have said anything depending on the circunstancies.

perkidanman
January 12th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Hahaha, that sounds awesome. You must be way better at using hairsticks than me. I can't keep my bun up without two sticks at least.

Nae
January 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
:DHow much fun was that? It is always great to wow people with your hair skills lol.

Xandergrammy
January 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
It's fun when one of our patients comments that he (and it's usually a "he") can't believe that one "little" stick/clip/fork is holding up "all that hair". :gabigrin:

sulawesi_girl
January 12th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I generally need to use a hair band and a wooden hair fork (and sometimes bobby pins too!) to secure my hair! :P

Anywhere
January 12th, 2011, 07:43 AM
That set a lovely visual. Your straightish long hair cascading down all on its free will, a surprised expression on her face. :D:D:D

I've had friends be amazed by that as well. But they would randomly pull out my stick in order to see if it was really all that was holding it up. :rolleyes:

Henrietta
January 12th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I agree with others;) It must have been fun!:) And I wish I saw that cascade:D

I remember that someone here have written a story about a dentist's assistant or someone like that... literally squeezing her sock bun because "How is that possible that someone's hair stays up in such shape without any visible pins?":D:D:D