PDA

View Full Version : I am feeling really rubbish....

yellowflower
January 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Has anyone else been in the position where they died their hair dark then wanted it back blonde so dyed it loads to get back lighter?

Many people have siad they like the colour someone in my office keeps saying oh its gingery and been saying mean comments all day.
Has anyone else done this to their hair? I need so moral support I feel like I could cry about it right now, woudl be nice to know I am not the only one who has made the same mistake?

Cant wait till my hair is few inches longer so i can tie it up and only see my roots. :(

ravenreed
January 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I am sure you are not the only one on the forums who has done this. Baby your hair for a while. Are you unhappy with the red in it? There are things you can do to tone down the reds, but I would wait a while to let your hair recover a bit.

I once accidentally dyed my hair pumpkin orange. It was awesome. I had bleached my hair too much, the only time I ever tried blond, and then decided to go red a few months later. The red leaked out overnight and left it nice and bright orange. I kept it for a few months. It was a very unique color.

Kherome
January 11th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I've never done it, but I used to be a stylist and at the salon I've seen LOTS of folks who have. You are not alone.

Gingery? Red is the MOST beautiful hair color out there, so I'd take that as a huge compliment! I had redder hair as a child but not as much now, and oh how I wish for it!

It's going to be ok, it's hair, it grows, and the best thing you can do is to STOP processing it so that it doesn't end up so badly damaged that you can't fix it.

Has anyone else been in the position where they died their hair dark then wanted it back blonde so dyed it loads to get back lighter?

Many people have siad they like the colour someone in my office keeps saying oh its gingery and been saying mean comments all day.
Has anyone else done this to their hair? I need so moral support I feel like I could cry about it right now, woudl be nice to know I am not the only one who has made the same mistake?

Cant wait till my hair is few inches longer so i can tie it up and only see my roots. :(

yellowflower
January 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
It doesnt even have a strand of RED in it, everyone else has said it doesnt look gingery, lots of people have commented on it. Everyone else says it looks a nice natural blonde with dark in it. I dont know why the person keeps saying it.

I wouldnt say it was gingery its more of a golden/sandy blonde if there is such a colour.

I even asked my friend who is always very blunt with the truth and she said no, its dark blonde.

I just feel really rubbish about these comments, they even said you look like a big strawberry is on your head????!!!

ravenreed
January 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Well, if it is just one person, ignore him or her. Sounds like he/she is trying to hurt your feelings and succeeding.

I even asked my friend who is always very blunt with the truth and she said no, its dark blonde.

I just feel really rubbish about these comments, they even said you look like a big strawberry is on your head????!!!

spidermom
January 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The person teasing you may be a bit color challenged. Not everyone perceives color the same way. We have a towel that I think is dark olive green. My daughter thinks it's dark blue. Try to think of a witty response, and say the same thing every time - parrot-like. People usually get tired of hearing it and back off.

lundmir
January 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Ignore the mean commenter, he/she is only saying things to make you feel bad. If everyone else says otherwise, just ignore the negativity!

babybabycat
January 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I understand what you're going through. I got talked into a some hair color and friend's comments didn't help me at all. Time helped. Also, taking pictures every week or two helps. I started to notice changes in my hair, each week and over time, I started to appreciate my hair more and more. Photographing the changes helped me see that my hair length, color and structure started to change for the better and it helped me take ownership of my hair.

Good luck and I know things will get better, this website works wonders with all it's help and information.

HairFaerie
January 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Once I dyed my hair dark then tried to get it light...it ended up ORANGE! I mean hideous, pumpkin, ugly orange (not like a "cool" orange from Manic Panic or something). It looked like a mistake. I spent a lot of money at the salon for them to correct it. My hair was BSL at the time. It became so damaged from doing all that stuff to it that I cut it back to shoulder. Then I got a mohawk! I then started growing again from pixie length.

Live and learn, that's what I say! Now I know not to do that again! :)

Anyway, just so you know - You are NOT alone!