PDA

View Full Version : BellCat

eilz90
January 11th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I just saw your sig and think your hair growth is so amazing it deserves a thread of it's own!

Could you please share exactly what you did with your hair in those six months of incredible growth with regards to trimming and washing hair and such.

BellCat
January 11th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Thanks!!!! Well to start off my hair was completely heat damaged and so so thin (I'll try and find a picture), it never grew past BSL. So Last January I went for my first trim in over 2 years. My hairdresser said he could see how dry my hair was as soon as I walked into the salon and cut a good few inches off. I always wanted really long hair and decided to stop all heat and start conditioning really well. My last trim was June and since then my hair appears to be growing fast I guess because it's not breaking off anymore! But it's strange for me because I always thought my hair grew slowly. I joined LHC in november when I started taking biotin etc and have been thinking about what I did those few months???I still used cones and chemical dyes and really awful brushes. The only thing I really did was not use any heat and completely lather my hair in olive oil. Most days I'd just dip my ends in the oil lol. Another thing I realised last night when reading about hair growth and hair loss was that some people think baby shampoo has really helped their hair to grow faster? :/ I had been using baby shampoo those months but I don't understand how it could work, maybe because it's gentle with the scalp?

I think because I had been using a hair straightener almost every day since I was 12 (i'm now 20) my hair just broke off at a certain stage and I just assumed my hair was slow to grow :S I look at my signature too and think what the hell??

Lianna
January 11th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Whoa!! That really is amazing growth! Congratulations! :D :cheer:

When I shampoo my hair everyday, it grows faster than when I was CO'ing, or washed less. I think it might work like miconazole nitrate a little, "cleaning growth inhibiting bacterias/fungus"? I know there's unknown things about it too, but I believe that's a factor. My hair favorite "food" is also olive oil! :)

bunzfan
January 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
She is right that is some amazing growth. I take a supplement with biotin in and people on here have commented how quick it has grown i have gone from APL to past BSL in 6 months, but yours grows super fast.

Alvrodul
January 11th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Definitely amazing growth! :flower: And also shows just how damaging heat treatment can be!

BellCat
January 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Ill never go back to treating my hair that way! This is the longest its ever been!

Lostsoule77
January 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
That is some amazing hair growth! I wish mine would grow that fast. Congratulations. :)

tinti
January 11th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Wow! That is just brilliant!

LocustSpawning
January 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Wooow! If yours can grow that in 6 months, this gives me hope that I may be able to reach waist by summer. That's amazing :D

Messyhair
January 11th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yup, that's awesome growth! Everyone keeps commenting on how fast mine grows, but it's just the average 1/2" per month. I used to heat dry and brush my hair when I was school-aged, and it never grew past collarbone. I can't believe I did that!!! Yet so many people do! Ugh!

jojo
January 11th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Wow you have come a long way in a short time, your hair is beautiful

monsterna
January 11th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Whoa!! That really is amazing growth! Congratulations! :D :cheer:

When I shampoo my hair everyday, it grows faster than when I was CO'ing, or washed less. I think it might work like miconazole nitrate a little, "cleaning growth inhibiting bacterias/fungus"? I know there's unknown things about it too, but I believe that's a factor. My hair favorite "food" is also olive oil! :)

o_O

I want my hair to grow faster and I've switched from shampooing and conditioning every day to COing (with coney conditioner) every day and then shampooing (or clarifying) before that (non-SLS shampoo) only 2-3 days a week. And I am also trying out the Monistat treatment every other day.

I wonder if my methods are antithetical to my goals :shrug:?

BellCat, great growth, by the way! :)

McFearless
January 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Shoutouts like these are sweet:D

McFearless
January 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM
o_O

I want my hair to grow faster and I've switched from shampooing and conditioning every day to COing (with coney conditioner) every day and then shampooing (or clarifying) before that (non-SLS shampoo) only 2-3 days a week. And I am also trying out the Monistat treatment every other day.

We're all different with different hair and different needs. What works for others might not work for you. If COing makes your hair soft and healthy thats all that matters. It will grow just be patient. Monistat will give you the boost you want :)

Lianna
January 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM
o_O

The theory behind CO'ing is to retain length, so appears to have more growth IF you had hair breaking (since shampoo can be damaging to some). Your hair would still be growing like it was. When I shampoo my hair grows 0.8 inch a month, it's average or less when CO. I think I have a naturally gunky scalp. :D Plus hot weather at all times might be helping to grow something in it! *yuck* That's why I shampoo everyday.

I started monistat last month, so I don't have results yet, because I'm very inconsistent (shame on me :D), about 2x a week.

We're all different. :cheese: