PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I'm new too. yay

NaClH2O
January 10th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Well hello LHC world.

I've been lurking for about a month or so and finally decided to get an account. I originally stumbled upon this site when Googling 'Braided updos' and found lots of good styling ideas! Everyone seems so nice and helpful, I'm looking forward to getting into the hobby of growing long and healthy hair.

Currently my hair is in the limbo stage between shoulder and APL. It is extremely thick, has layers all the way to my chin, and the texture is wavy, 2a/b I think. The natural color is light reddish brown, but I dye it a more intense red by myself. Actually my boyfriend does it for me, he's a fabulous colorist! Whether he likes it or not ;)

I decided that I wanted to grow it out last August after having short hair (shoulder all the way to pixie) my whole life. I'm a junior in college (studying Chemistry) in the wonderful state of Idaho, and my short-term goal is to have 'long' hair by the time I graduate in Spring 2012.

To me, waist or hip would be the ideal 'long' length. At least it will feel long to the girl who has had very short hair her whole life. :) So, I guess we'll see where I am in a year attempting to do minimal split end trims only!

CiannaitTrozel
January 10th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Welcome! Your hair sounds beautiful. Happy growing, your goal should be pretty easy to hit if yout ake wonderful care of your hair. Good luck to ya :D

Dragon
January 11th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Welcome :)

Dvips
January 11th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flowers:

Not too surprised you are Chem major, NaClH2O. :lol:

Cheers,
Dvips

NaClH2O
January 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I know.....My screen name is exceedingly nerdy :)

Dvips
January 11th, 2011, 09:35 AM
So is mine. You'll run into it if you go for your PhD and/or start writing science papers.

But, um, since it's been a while.. NaClH2O is salt water, right? :oops:

pop
January 11th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hello NaClH2O Welcome!!! :) Im new too

Ps Lovely nickname

NaClH2O
January 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM
So is mine. You'll run into it if you go for your PhD and/or start writing science papers.

But, um, since it's been a while.. NaClH2O is salt water, right? :oops:

Yes, it is salt water! I thought it was clever ;) I saw someone around town a couple months ago that had a license plate that said NaClH2O...so admittedly I semi-stole it from a random Idaho driver.... But that's ok.

3 years of undergraduate chemistry courses has brainwashed my mind