PDA

View Full Version : How long til a certain length is reached?

Kherome
January 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
There are so many threads around here with good info, but I'm wondering if there is one that has estimates for how long each stage takes? For example, I believe my hair is considered waist length. How long (I know it varies a bit for everyone) in general would I expect it to take for it to get to tailbone? I think thats my new goal.

Becky Safari
January 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Well on average your hair grows about 1/2 inch per month.

So for instance I am at waist at 31" and TBL is 37" for me so I have 6" to go, which on average should take a year without trims

Chibbylick
January 11th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I thing the answer to this question is always "toooooo long"! Doesn't matter much which landmarks we are talking about, it always takes tooooo long to get there!

BunnyBee
January 11th, 2011, 02:24 AM
As an average, each "stage" as we have on this forum seems to take about a year. That is without trims.

ETA: That is of course dependant on your particular body shape/height, as I said it is an average.

julliams
January 11th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Find out what your growth rate is. I wear the same striped shirt, stand in the same spot and take a photo each month on the same day. Then from the photo, I judge where it goes down to and put a safety pin there. Over time I have discovered that my hair grows at different speeds each month but that on average it works out at 5/8" a month. This way I can work out how long it will take to get to a goal (and then add a month since things don't always work out the way you expect them to.

Kherome
January 11th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I thing the answer to this question is always "toooooo long"! Doesn't matter much which landmarks we are talking about, it always takes tooooo long to get there!

Yes, this is surely the truth! LOL

Kherome
January 11th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Well on average your hair grows about 1/2 inch per month.

So for instance I am at waist at 31" and TBL is 37" for me so I have 6" to go, which on average should take a year without trims

I am at waist at 32" so I guess a whole year to wait!:(

Yasmine91
January 11th, 2011, 06:01 AM
So does not trimming take longer to grow out?

mustpannkook
January 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
The waiting is worth it! Maybe for you it'll take a bit less, it depends on the growth rate. The spring and summer are not that far away and the hair seems to grow faster during those seasons.

Lianna
January 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM
It's easier to estimate when the hair is straight. My hair starts straight, then wavy, then curly at the ends. I can't guess how my "future" curls will shrink (I think more than today), so if I did a math now for unstretched TBL, it would be wrong, because my wave pattern will change. A lot of people don't see the wave/curl until after shoulder length.