PDA

View Full Version : My Invention

turquoisebud
January 10th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I have decided.....
Are you ready?! I hope you are sitting down. Here goes... I am going to invent a magic hair growing product! Have any of you seen the Beverly Hillbillies episode about the hair poultice Granny made for Mr. Dridsdale? Well, I am going to find out what Granny's
secret " 'gredient " was. :p Just kidding! I wish there was such a thing!
Do any of you ever wish there was such a thing? I know I do! :lol:

Viechen
January 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I am not sure if this applies but i wish there was a potion/poultice that would fix split ends and add an automatic 6 inches to your length overnight... That way I would not have to trim and could reach my goal length by tomorrow without having to worry about my hair growing too long (if there is such a thing :p).

skyblue
January 10th, 2011, 07:32 PM
YES!!:cheese:

Bene
January 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
6 inches of healthy shiny hair overnight per application. When you invent something like that, my pm box will be awaiting your order form.

ddiana1979
January 10th, 2011, 08:04 PM
It's no wonder many people were so easily taken in by "snake oil" salesmen. Especially the traveling kind, that you'd never see again. I'd slap down A LOT of money if someone could promise me 6" of healthy hair overnight. ;)

Jenn of Pence
January 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Well, six inches of growth overnight would be awesome. But if I had to invent a slightly less awesome product, I would want one that you'd slather through your hair and would remove all your split ends and white dots overnight, leaving pristine ends in the morning. I mean, if we're wishing. ;)

Bast
January 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Agreeing with everybody, six inches overnight would be amazingly awesome. Although a way to miraculously get rid of damage would be nice, too.

CaityBear
January 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM
YES! And to help fix split ends and STOP them from happening. I can usually go a long time without split ends but even with the best care eventually I do get some.

As well as a magic potion to immediately thicken hair. :) hehe

christine1989
January 10th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Maybe the secret 'gredient was oil? Makes sense with the premise of the show ;). I would love to go to bed with BSL hair and wake up with it at tailbone!

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I think I'm gonna go with the cream to instantly repair splits and prevent them from reoccuring. I'm also going to add a cream that will overnight grow out layers to the end of your length and perhaps add about an inch a month to your length. Six inches overnight would be a bit much for me, but an inch a month I can gradually get used to the length and the styles it can do plus keep it trimmed to whatever length I find I like best. I think in this case I'll add a shampoo that will slow your growth back to normal as well, that way I don't have to trim too often once I get my desired length.

You don't think this is too much to ask for, do you? LOL

meerikal
January 11th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I think at first glance the idea has merit, but then I have a chilling flashback to "the peanut butter solution" and I have to give it a no. But then my hair grows pretty fast already, so maybe I am biased.

MandaMom2Three
January 11th, 2011, 06:02 AM
So 6" overnight growth, heal split ends, can we add permanently happy scalp to the mix? If so I'll take a lifetime supply please :D

Clarisse
January 11th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Hair grows in 2 x as thick every time you use the poison. I think I would use it about 4 times :D

turquoisebud
January 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I hadn't thought about split ends and damage. Well, that would be cool! :magic: and all the damage is gone and six inches or something is added! Isn't it funny what long hair people wish for? :p Anyone else would think we were crazy! :tongue:

turquoisebud
January 11th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I think at first glance the idea has merit, but then I have a chilling flashback to "the peanut butter solution" and I have to give it a no. But then my hair grows pretty fast already, so maybe I am biased.

What is the peanut butter solution? Sound wild! :D I take it the results were less than satisfactory? ;)

Intransigentia
January 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM
It's a kid's movie, and I'm sure I've seen it - in French, no less - but I can't remember anything about it.

reverie24
January 11th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I am not sure if this applies but i wish there was a potion/poultice that would fix split ends and add an automatic 6 inches to your length overnight... That way I would not have to trim and could reach my goal length by tomorrow without having to worry about my hair growing too long (if there is such a thing :p).

This this this!

Viechen
January 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I am glad I am not the only one with strange wishes like this :p There are no long hairs in my town so I do not really have anyone to talk to about these things... And my So is starting to think this whole thing is getting a little out of hand, haha.
Who knows though, maybe someday a fellow long hair will invent this potion or something like it :D I wonder if someone would take me (a university and a supervisor) if I wanted to do my masters on it... ???

Night_Kitten
January 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM
LOL Viechen, I wish universities were interested in researches on hair... I'd apply too :)

I too think 6'' overnight is too much at once, but something that doubles or triples the natural growth speed would be perfect! :D
And if the miracle product could also eliminate taper and fix damaged ends, I'd be in hair heaven... :p

Nenyath
January 11th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hair grows in 2 x as thick every time you use the poison. I think I would use it about 4 times :D

I hope you meant potion? ;) But thicker hair would be great! I'll forego the added length to just better growth, repaired split ends would be great but what I really, really wish for is a detangle spray. Now that could save my day!

x0h_bother
January 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM
What?? There is no magic hair growing product???? Geeze, guess I better stop looking! :doh:

cherokeesaint
January 11th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I wish for all of the above...!