PDA

View Full Version : Attempt at hair typing

MandyBeth
January 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Ok, washed with 2 parts Redken Clear Moisture, 1 part Nutiva coconut oil. Left to dry with a towel over my shoulders to catch the drips, no messing with it, nothing added, no combing. Done nothing to it. Got me on the crease or where it may have came from. No idea on what my type is turning into. It got pretty wavy, almost curls for a while with henna, then went to straight 1a/b for a while, now it's at this.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4611&pictureid=93010

Now I'm going to go brush this mess out!

annieangel149
January 10th, 2011, 05:50 PM
well.....thats a toughy! lol!

im thinking as your hair grows it could be 2a!
1c atm tho! *shakes head*could be wrong as its difficult to tel with short hair! you will get more of an idea as your hair grows!

2peasinapod
January 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hard to tell from the distance and at that length, but I'd say you're definitely more wavy than 1b. 1c/2a seems like a good guess for now, but I would keep an eye on it as it grows since your ends seem to be quite wavy (maybe even a little curly).

dropinthebucket
January 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, my hair looks kinda like this. At your length, almost exactly like this. Now that it's a bit longer, it's straighter, with the flippy bits at the ends and sides more, and pretty straight around the crown and ears. I write myself down as a 1c/2a, though the longer it gets, the more 1b it gets!

Anje
January 11th, 2011, 12:32 PM
1c to 2a, I'd say. It'll be easier to see when your hair gets longer.

MissManda
January 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Another vote for 1c/2a! :D

lapushka
January 11th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking 1c but you could recheck when it gets longer.

Jenn of Pence
January 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm also thinking 1c/2a; it's pretty similar to some of my waves, which are kind of weird to type sometimes. But I also agree that it will most likely change as it gets longer, too. :)