PDA

View Full Version : what else can I do with the "bangs"?

intothemist1999
June 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
For the moment, I've angled the front of my hair because I no longer want bangs, and I don't want all my hair at one length. Overall that section is on average chin length.

One thing I like about the angled front hair is that when I have to put up my ponytail for work, the angled hair is just long enough to cover my double chin :D (I know, I know, "vanity, thy name is IntoTheMist"!! *lol*)

At the same time, these shorter bits look a bit ragged and wild. I have that fine, floaty hair and this bit at the front loves to get "piecey". So it often ends up looking a rather unkempt. I don't comb/brush (just finger comb) so maybe they need a good combing to help, I don't know.

Layer-wise they are all one length...not sure if layering these sections would help, or make it worse.

I could also pin these sections back, but then they lose their camoulaging properties ;)

Any thoughts?

Teresa9000
June 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
If the front bit is getting piecey because of your natural oils, you could try putting powder (like Head n Shoulders body powder, commonly used for chafing) in it. They have come out with hair colored powder now, though I don't know any brand names. If you do try this, I would advise putting a very little amount in at first, and then adding more if needed. The powder absorbs the oils. I think I have a little of what you're talking about, but I usually just push it behind my ear and grumble about it.

If you mean it's piecey from fly-aways, I probably can't help you. I've had the same problem my whole life. : (

Lixie
June 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
If you plan on keeping that section of your hair at chin length, maybe you could try using straightening irons? Try getting a loan of a pair from a friend and see if running them lightly over that section of your hair makes helps any.

I have chin length pieces of hair that refuse to look good, so I usually pin them back. On a night out I'll sometimes borrow a friend's straightening irons to be able to wear those bits loose and keep them looking decent.

Not the most LHCish answer for me to give, but maybe it's worth a try. :)

strawberryfine
June 7th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I am also growing out old bangs and can't stand the shorter hair falling down on my face. I would like to camo my neck a little (slight wrinkles) but can't stand the feeling of hair on my face in the summer with hot flashes. I know this doesn't help you any but I feel some better for posting. Thanks for your post.
strawberryfine

camillacamilla
June 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
When my bangs get a little long and unruly, I just go with the "peicey" and use a dab of pomade for texture and hold. I think if you layered those bits, they would just get worse. I wouldn't layer them at all.

intothemist1999
June 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
If the front bit is getting piecey because of your natural oils, you could try putting powder (like Head n Shoulders body powder, commonly used for chafing) in it. They have come out with hair colored powder now, though I don't know any brand names. If you do try this, I would advise putting a very little amount in at first, and then adding more if needed. The powder absorbs the oils. I think I have a little of what you're talking about, but I usually just push it behind my ear and grumble about it.

If you mean it's piecey from fly-aways, I probably can't help you. I've had the same problem my whole life. : (

Oh! I never heard of the coloured powder! First day it's piecey,just because, second day it's piecey from oil!

Teresa9000
June 7th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Here's a fairly good article (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip543.htm) on the hair powdering. Unfortunately, it looks like Bumble & Bumble and Buttercream Cosmetics are the only two colored powders that I could find. The B&B is very expensive now (about $32 on the site I found) and the Buttercream Cosmetics "shampowder" (at $16) only comes in blonde and brunette, and judging by the pic in your signature, the "brunette" powder didn't look dark enough. I may be wrong though. I'm a moderate brunette, and I don't remember having a problem with white powder the few times I've used it in the past. Just use sparingly. :)

Note: You may be able to find a dark brown powdery substance that won't cause weird side-effects to mix with the white powder.