PDA

View Full Version : Results from using Cassia?

CurlAhead
January 10th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I have been searching, but I have not found it. I am looking for pictures that show hair before and after used with Cassia. Not henna, just cassia, because I am interesed in trying cassia to make my hair more shiny, but also straighter. If I am not wrong, henna straightens hair a bit, and cassia works the same way uust without the red color, or am I completely wrong? I would really appreciate some Before and After pictures or "stories" about your experiences. Thank you. :)

CarpeDM
January 10th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Me too!!!!!

littlenvy
January 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
:) I'm thinking of trying cassia... but I too would like to know if the result is worth the mess.

cubedcoley
January 10th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Here is a the link to the Cassia Thread. I used it to gather recipe ideas prior to trying cassia (sorry, no before and after pics :shrug:): http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406

I think there are some before and after pictures scattered throughout the thread and there are a lot of really amazing stories as well. Cassia can cause a "dread" phase you have to deal with to get it out and this thread details all the adventures of rinsing cassia out! Also, ktani said something somewhere (sorry, that is specific as I can be and I want to give credit!) that cassia is "neutral henna." Therefore, it should be mixed with pH 7 water which is usually distilled water! If you are not careful, it could react with a different pH water and give you brassy yellow tones as the thread details. anyway, I have rambled long enough. I am sure others will chime in soon! Cheers! :cheese:

CurlAhead
January 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you for the reply, I will take a look at the thread and see if I can find any before-and after pics!! And it might be a good idea to read through most of the thread before I start.. Thanks again! :)