PDA

View Full Version : Bunches of Tiny Hairs

Doxie
January 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM
My hair care routine could use some changing but in general I have pretty healthy hair. What I've been noticing latly is TONS are tiny hairs threw out my scalp. Not the little baby hair you get at your hair line but hairs that look like new growth, or atleast I hope its new growth.

About 6 years ago I did some pretty horriable things to my head. heat and dye did a number on it. I'm naturally a very light redish/brown and I thought deep black would look great on me. I dyed my hair black, then deep black, the red, then black, then stripped the black, burnt my scalp into a gaint scab, then dyed black again.

Now that is all over, I'm back to a natural hair care routine and the dye is completly grown out and chopped away. I don't know how I still have as much hair as I do now but I won't complain or EVER do that again.

My question is, would it take almost 5 years for new growth to grow back after I did all that to my head? I figured what damage I did could never be fixed so when I started seeing tiny hairs my first thought was I was losing hair not growing them.

2peasinapod
January 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
What do the hairs look like at the ends? Are they blunt or tapered?

Five years sounds like a really long time for regrowth just from the damage, but I don't have any experience with extensive damage. If it's regrowth, it's probably the result of your new hair routine.

When I stopped dyeing my hair black, it got so much thicker. Then, when I switched to a natural hair routine, I started to get little hairs all over my length. Now that I've added a few things to my diet, I've noticed a mini explosion of little hairs. I used to have a few wispies on my hair line, temples, and back of the neck, but now I have so many. And there are random hairs that are popping up along the rest of my head, too. I thought it was breakage until I looked at the ends.

Look at the ends of your little hairs. This could be the start of a great hair journey! :flower:

Doxie
January 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
They are deffinatly tapered. They sort of look like the tiny hairs on the hairline just longer and thicker Plus they stick straight up, very noticable to me. Now that you mention diet that could also be a factor. Two years ago I had Mono and it worked me over really bad. I suspect me iron levels haven't been right since and latly I've been eating a lot more home cooking verses take out.

I will be so happy if this is new hair growth. My partner is tired of me constanly asking "Honey, am I balding? If I was balding you would tell me right? You would wait till it's to late, right?" LOL poor thing will be happy to get me off his back.

OperaTeacherMom
January 10th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I have the same thing, my hairline is growing in thicker, so right now it looks like I have a very very tiny amount of bangs, only on either side of my widow's peak. Mine are also tapered at the ends, definitely new growth. Just look at it as a reward for taking care of your hair :)

Doxie
January 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I'm so exstatic. I'm at work right now and it is really hard for me not to go up to someone and say "Look! New hair!". I use to have really think hair till I went crazy on it. I'm so relieved. :)