PDA

View Full Version : Starting 2011 with a trim (pix)

sibiryachka
January 10th, 2011, 01:21 PM
No trims in 2010 took me from 27" to 30". So what did I do yesterday? Trimmed off 3 inches, taking me back to 27"!! Here's the before and after:

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af334/polyglot26/tests/Hair/DSCN5258-1.jpg

Note that the hemline is now much closer to straight than to a U! :cheese:

I had my sister do it for me, as I have a hard time with the mental reversal required to do it using a mirror. I'd been planning to do Feye's self-trim, but all the instructions I could find were for maintaining a U hemline OR maintaining a straight one, and what I really wanted was to go from U to a straight. I decided that, in order to lay a foundation for being able to maintain a straight one myself in future, it was best to have someone else do it, while looking directly at it :p Note that LHC played a useful role in the process; I was able to use a pic in my album to show Sister exactly what I wanted taken off. Wish I'd thought to do that back when I was still going to salons for trims!

See my "Progress" album for a comparison of what 27" looked like this time last year vs what it looks like now. Last year 27" was the longest point of a U hemline; now it's that length all the way across. Definitely not just "back to square one"! I have no regrets. I'd been debating for weeks whether to just have an inch or so of stragglers taken off, or bite the bullet and just even it up already. There were pros and cons either way, and while that "before" picture makes me a little wistful when I see how close I was to waist, I have a hunch getting rid of all those achy-breaky ends will actually work in my favor in the long run. Although I have to admit, I kinda liked the way they looked... :rolleyes:

I'm not ready to commit to another full year of no trims, but will definitely give it six months before assessing whether it's called for. Nice to know I can count on my sister to even it up for me when needed. You should have seen the look of stark terror on DBF's face when I asked him first! :p No fair, I trim his for him all the time... but I can certainly understand why he'd prefer not to risk screwing mine up!

Rocket22
January 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
wow I think your hair is lovely, hemline looks very thick and healty!... So you did the no trim challange 2010, I'm going to do that this year in hopes to gain lots of ground but we will see. :)

Jenn of Pence
January 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM
It looks great! I agree you definitely made progress, not just in length. :)

Tia2010
January 11th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Looks great :) I started 2011 off with a trim too.

Organic
January 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Just beautiful...all of you. I am not trimming this year either. My last trim was in September My bangs are now below my nose. I am growing them all out...including the dye.

TinaDenali
January 11th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Looks beautiful! I really like the color, too!

Prettyeyes23
January 11th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I really like your new hemline!

McFearless
January 11th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Your hair is beautiful, I really love the colour. No trims in 2011 please?:D

lupiae
January 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Are you sure did you cut only 3 inches? It looks like more...surely I'm wrong, but it was appear to me.

Anyway now look very healthy. Congratulations!

sibiryachka
January 13th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Are you sure did you cut only 3 inches? It looks like more...surely I'm wrong, but it was appear to me.

Anyway now look very healthy. Congratulations!

I think it looks like more because the cutting, and getting it wet for the trim, made it curl up tighter, temporarily. I measure with the hair stretched out as far it will go, but it springs back up and looks shorter when the stretching stops. Sharp eyes you have! :)