PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Treatment

BellCat
January 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
In your opinion what treatment works best to condition your hair and makes your hair look and feel amazing?:cheese: I haven't really found mine yet.

Madora
January 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM
The ultimate treatment for me was the one given at the George Michael Salon in New York City. Sheer bliss and my hair was unbelieveably shiny and silky..and almost straight. I was astonished.

obssesif
January 10th, 2011, 12:57 PM
teaspoon of honey, half of teaspoon of olive oil, 5 drops of castor oil and 4 teaspoons of coneless conditioner. This is by far the best combination for deep treatment for me!

PiroskaCicu
January 10th, 2011, 01:16 PM
For me.... honey, aloe vera juice from the plant, conditioner and a smidge of coconut oil....leave on for an hour or more if you feel like it....rinse out and voila - BRILLIANT hair, as shiny as the sun. :)

monichella
January 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
castor oil 1
linseed oil 1
'cone free conditioner 4

Super!

cmnt831
January 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
My old stand-by has become CO, lemon rinse, shea butter/olive oil leave-in. Makes for soft glossy curls. :)

Red Leo
January 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
You can also try putting oil on your dry hair and wraping in a hot towel form the dryer.
Works for me.

Vani1902
January 10th, 2011, 01:27 PM
an avocado (ripe or overly ripe)
some mayo
olive oil (a little)
coconut oil

Put it in a blender until it becomes a green cream. I leave it on for an hour. It makes my hair so so soft.

lacefrost
January 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
What everyone else said (mixture of oils + condi) but before that doing a baking soda and then vinegar rinse. Gets all the gunk out so all the good stuff works.

For a sort of 2 in 1, I like mixing rhassoul mud with oils cause it cleanses and conditions. And then I do condi.

Kherome
January 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
So if you mix up one of these and put it on, is this before a shampoo? Or after? I'm guessing it has to be before or I'd be picking green goo out all day? LOL

christine1989
January 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Mine is pretty ordinary but makes my hair feel great; aloe, aubrey organics camellia oil conditioner and a drop or two of castor oil. It makes my hair smell great and feel like silk.

Igor
January 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Anything containing cholesterol. My hair is completely and totally in love with cholesterol!

julliams
January 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM
A coconut milk soak. You just get a can of lite coconut milk (I divide mine in 3 and put the other portions in the freezer for later) and distribute it through your hair. This can be tricky so I do it over the bath/sink with a bowl to catch the drips and then reapply. Once it's all in there I put a small towel over my shoulders and let it sit in a bun for about an hour. Then shampoo and condition as normal. It makes my hair really soft and moisturised. Cheap too!

jlw9222
January 10th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I used the SMT (conditioner, honey, & aloe) and added olive oil to it. AWESOME! I made a huge bowl full of this concoction. I did one cup one conditioner (Aussie 3 Minute Miracle), 1/4 cup aloe, 1/4 cup honey, & 1/4 cup olive oil. I heated all this up for about 10 seconds then covered it on my freshly shampooed hair, then covered it with a shower cap. I kept this on for about 3 hours...I would have left it on longer but someone was coming over and I didn't want to scare him away. ;)

Not only did my hair smell great, it felt fantastic.

Jules diamond
January 11th, 2011, 12:47 AM
ACV rinse makes my hair so shiny.

Pantene's ice shine conditioner gave it great bounce and softness, but it's discontinued.

Kaeita
January 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
So far I've only tried coconut oil (followed by CO wash), and aloe vera (left on hair), and love them both! I think I love the aloe a little more, as I don't have to wash it out, and it softens my skin as well without making it oily.

mustpannkook
January 11th, 2011, 06:14 AM
My hair gets really soft when I mix a bit of oil (I use burdock root oil), honey and conditioner (it works really well when I use Freeman's Papaya conditioner, no cones and hair feels amazing!). I leave it on for an hour or so and voila! I get really soft straight hair or curls.

Mannaz
January 11th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I tried cassia for the first time last weekend, or should i say "cassia gloss". Mixture was something like this:

3 tablespoons of cassia
Garnier fructis nutri repair- conditioner (it's the cone-free one)
Avocado oil, maybe 4 tablespoons
Argania oil
Hydrolized oatprotein, maybe ten drops (not sure if that's the right word for the stuff though, sorrry...)

I put it on after shampooing and let it sit about an hour. It made my hair amazingly silky, moisturized and gave a feel of strength to it. More importantly, my hair hasn't tangeld at all after that which is a sheer wonder, since my hair constantly tries to dread itself...

dawnandxavier
January 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
an avocado (ripe or overly ripe)
some mayo
olive oil (a little)
coconut oil

Put it in a blender until it becomes a green cream. I leave it on for an hour. It makes my hair so so soft.

nice a use for those over ripe avocados

jojo
January 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I love my hair when I use a clarifying shampoo and wash about 3 times and then use a deep mask Avon's planet spa with olive oil was the last one which my eldest daughter got me for Christmas, my hair felt like a stranger! Wonderful!

p3_Arme
January 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Although most people here have put down Natural treatments, this is fine, but my hair needs cones. (Else I get bad Dandruff, and other bad things, and my fine hair can't cope without them, oh well)

So my hair loves Charles Worthington Leave in Conditioner; well that and Coconut oil :)

GrowingGlory
January 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I gave myself an overnight SMT with Night Blooming's Triple Moon Oil on my scalp (it travels naturally down to the tips) and later some of her Winter Hair Salve on the last few inches. Now it is so well moisturized and shiny.

SarahBeth
January 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Once a week: 1 egg, 2 T soy sauce,1/2 t. grapeseed oil. Sort of both a protein and moisture treatment at one time. Followed by BS/ Lime juice rinse and wash.

Drynwhyl
January 11th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Some dirt-cheap hair mask called Herbelan. It smells minty and is loaded with icky sounding chemicals, but it makes my hair sooo smooth, straight and tangle free. Most stuff I use is natural, but I use this thing like once a month as a guilty pleasure. ;)

PiroskaCicu
January 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm trying a coconut milk hair soak. I massaged the coconut milk into my scalp and hair and I'm going to leave it for an hour or maybe more. I'll update with the results after I wash it out! :)