PDA

View Full Version : When is a milestone actually a milestone

julliams
January 10th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I'm about to hit waist. The very tips of my hair that is. My hair is layered so the shortest layers are about APL. When I hit BSL in the same way I told to wait another month so that I was "solidly" BSL.

So my question is - when do you consider a milestone to be a milestone. When you just reach or get past?

owlathena
January 10th, 2011, 06:13 AM
To me, a milestone is when you reach it. Even though my hair is heavily layered, I consider myself to have reached a milestone as soon as the longest of my length touches it.

pepperminttea
January 10th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I celebrate both, but the first a bit more tentatively. It's just nice to see progress. :)

jojo
January 10th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I see a milestone as when you hit it, when you have past it, then your on your way to another! like a baby reaches a milestone when he starts walking, the day he starts not 6 months down the line!

Cupofmilk
January 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I celebrate when I solidly reach a length - my ends are an odd mix of lengths (underneath hair being shorter) - so when more than 50% of my hair was waist that's waist.
A lot of people have layers and U hemlines - in which case I think you need to make a judgement call!

starlights
January 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I celebrate a milestone when i reach my goal... right now my longest layer is hip, but once the rest of the hair catches up, it would make all the difference, lol

ravenreed
January 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I have two milestones , when my hair is wet and when it is dry. When my hair is wet and reaches a milestone, it is a mini celebration- almost, but not quite there. When my longest layers reach a milestone dry, then I consider it reached. Look at it this way, people with a blunt hemline reach a milestone when their longest hairs reach it, it's just all their hairs are their longest hairs. Why should mine not count when my longest hairs reach just because I have layers??

MinderMutsig
January 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM
When I feel like I've reached it. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks, if I feel I've hit a milestone it is so.