PDA

View Full Version : SMT, oil and CWC questions

HotRag
June 7th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I've read about some people using SMT.
I found what the ingredients are, but I don't know proportions and how to use it.
Can anyone tell?

And besides proportions, should it be done on dry hair, damp hair, before or after wash, and should it be washed out afterwards or used as e leave in?

I tried to search but strangely there were no matches at all (strange beacaus I know I've seen people wright about it so it whould be found). Maybe search motor is down right now.

I also wonder if oil used as scalp massage allways is washed out.
I guess I must wash it out.
I did an oil treatment on my lenght and that didn't come out by washing with conditioner.
Instead I got myself a one week treatment :D

Last question is about CWC.
When doing this, is this the correct way:
- conditioner in the lenghts, leave in or rinse?
- shampoing the scalp only (?), rinse
- regular conditioner wash and rinse out.

Before I learned about different washing tecniques I washed with mild shampoo and put in conditioner in hair and scalp, rinsed and put some oil to ends. Conditioning the scalp made huge difference compared to just put conditioner in lenghts.

danacc
June 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
SMT information is here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128.

When I do a heavy oil treatment, I wash is out. Some conditioners will wash away the oil, and others won't. In general, cheap light conditioners will, and heavier ones won't. I use one of VO5's Tea Therapy Clarifying Conditioners to do the job on the length. However, if you like the way your hair responds when you leave it in, that's fine, too. Do what works best for you and your hair. (I use a drop or two of coconut oil as a leave-in on my ends once my hair is dry.)

I use the CWC method for washing, and here's what I do:
1. Apply conditioner to the length only.
2. Apply shampoo to the scalp and scalp hair only, and massage.
3. Rinse shampoo and conditioner out together. The rinsed off shampoo will run down the length in this step. Rinse really well, then rinse some more.
4. Apply conditioner to the length only again. (My scalp hates conditioner. Since your scalp loves it, you can apply conditioner everywhere.)
5. Leave conditioner in hair as recommended or desired.
6. Rinse out conditioner really well.

HotRag
June 8th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thank you.
I found the SMT-thread. Search enginge still does not work at all for me.

I have now bought myself a cheap basic conditioner which I hope will work for taking oil out.
No proteins, no cones. Few ingredients.

And thank you for the CWC-instructions and oil information.

That method could be something for me, but I will try to find a really mild shampoo, maybe make my own saponin shampoo (I found out that what I have heard of a "washing nuts" in Swedish communities is called reetha, and I found the article about herbal washing in the articles :-))

I'm rather new to alternative hair washing, so I have a lot to sort in my head.

LaCitoyenne
June 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
As far as CWC goes, I pretty much do the same as danacc. I follow with a slightly acidifying rinse and then a leave-in.

Miss Murphy
June 9th, 2008, 02:28 AM
HotRag, the search works just fine - but it only searches for more than three letters ;)

It took me a while to figure that out, too - so searching for SMT or CWC won't give you any results. You could always add an asterix to the word - SMT* works out just fine :)

HotRag
June 9th, 2008, 10:00 AM
HotRag, the search works just fine - but it only searches for more than three letters ;)

It took me a while to figure that out, too - so searching for SMT or CWC won't give you any results. You could always add an asterix to the word - SMT* works out just fine :)Ok thanks! I will try that the next time :cheese: