PDA

View Full Version : Fairytales and Morning Styles

TheBluffs
January 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Alright, I've been reading stuff on hear, and people mention 'fairytales'. I'm not sure if they are right, but are they the 'U' shaped hemline from no trims?

I havn't trimed in 2 years, and am at waist length. But as I am a student, I don't have much time in the morning, or any knowledge of easy hairstyles, so I usually braid my hair :( . But with the uneven hemline, I have to leave a large end. Does any one know of any easy hairstyles for the morning and about a way to solve the hemline problem?

mira-chan
January 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Alright, I've been reading stuff on hear, and people mention 'fairytales'. I'm not sure if they are right, but are they the 'U' shaped hemline from no trims?

I havn't trimed in 2 years, and am at waist length. But as I am a student, I don't have much time in the morning, or any knowledge of easy hairstyles, so I usually braid my hair :( . But with the uneven hemline, I have to leave a large end. Does any one know of any easy hairstyles for the morning and about a way to solve the hemline problem?
It's not necessarily a U shape but yes it is untrimmed thus usually uneven hair with thinner, tapering ends. I have them.

Cinnamon bun is probably fastest hairstyle wise. It's essentially a plain flat bun. A couple of medium size claw clips, or hairsticks hold it wonderfully without pulling and it can be done in seconds. I also tend to bun my braid. I've also braided before bed and then bunned that same braid in the morning, it's generally not fuzzy, especially when oiled.

I find the thinner hemline at my length helps secure the buns better, thus less pulling. I generally don't wear my hair down or even in a braid because even that gets in the way so the ends are usually not an issue. If they are bothering you then the only way to change them is to trim occasionally (not all your growth). That will keep your ends thicker and blunter.

Madora
January 9th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Here is a great tutorial for the braided chinese bun. Very easy to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

Also check out Torrin Paige's You Tube tutorials for various hairstyles.

There are also styling tips in the Articles area (see the grey menu bar above). Click on hairstyling and you'll find several pages of interesting suggestions.

LHC100
January 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
I saw Torrin Paige's tutorial on one style, but my computer is dialup (boondocks) and takes forEVER. But I can tell she's got some good stuff...

Panth
January 22nd, 2011, 03:35 AM
I'm also a student with little time. I generally go for a nautilus or a JJJ's pretzel bun (though I get the feeling mine looks more like a log roll...). I use a flexi-8 to hold them. Love my flexi-8. ^_^ I'm just past classic and am just growing out of my L.

Othala
January 22nd, 2011, 03:47 AM
An aside: There is nothing unsightly about uneven ends i.e. fairytale ends. Some of us consider them extremely beautiful.

haibane
January 22nd, 2011, 04:13 AM
I usually go for the lazy wrap bun or the pencil bun with a hairstick or two. Wrapped buns are nice because they swallow any amount of tapering, fairy tailing hair, just keep wrapping it.

Night_Kitten
January 22nd, 2011, 05:00 AM
I too prefer the Lazy Wrap bun, it's the fastest and easiest bun for me :)
There's several tutorials on Youtube, and I think there was a less heavy picture tutorial somewhere on the LHC, but I just cant find it now
A braided cinnabun also works well, but most mornings I don't have the time to braid it... :o

Ishje
January 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
if I am short of time I make the nautilus bun :)
its a real quick one.

Xandergrammy
January 22nd, 2011, 05:21 AM
Figure 8 or log roll with a Ficcare Maximas. Easiest hairdos ever.

Panth
January 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Oh, you also might want to check out this thread about people's "go to" styles (i.e. those they often do because they're quick and easy): http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51957