PDA

View Full Version : Odd hair growth, not really head hair

Yasmine91
January 9th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Probably a little wierd to talk about but I just found this so wierd. In my family, we have this strange birthmark thing going on. One of my second aunts had a birthmark on her head which caused a small bunch of hair to grow blonde while the rest of her hair was black. This was natural! so unusual.

Now I get this wierd thing on my thigh, yes it's freaky, but I grow 1, long, thick strand of blonde hair on the side of my thigh.....I'm just standing there pulling it out and just standing there, staring, baffled at this one strand LOL

My little sis got it on her neck once, ever since we pulled it out, it never grew back. Mine grew back twice though, but it hasnt since I last pulled it which was years ago.

Anyone else had this experience or know why this happens? lol coz I dont have a birthmark on my thigh :p

Anje
January 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I think sometimes hair follicles go a little nutty. DH had a single arm hair that wrapped all the way around his arm once. Eventually it fell out and the follicle hasn't repeated that performance.

nellreno
January 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I get weird things like that. I have a couple moles on my body and the one on my arm grows in a dark hair. It doesn't get really long but is darker than the rest of my arm hair. I also have one random hair on my thigh that grows in dark and very long, so I pluck it. Both keep growing back though.

WaitingSoLong
January 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Only my mole hairs grow in thick and dark. The ones on my face I keep pulled as soon as they grow in. They are SUPER thick and get VERY long. Not very womanly LOL. I asked my doc about having the moles removed on my face and he said the hair would still grow the same even if the mole was removed.

LocustSpawning
January 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hahaha, I knew of this once, too...

My friend had a REALLY insanely long single arm hair, and her arms were near hair free naturally. It was also blonde (she was a brunette) and we named it Samuel (for no apparent reason...)

Unfortunately, Samuel got pulled out by accident one day.

MandaMom2Three
January 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I get a long shining blond hair that keeps growing on my chest!!!! When I first saw it I thought it was a stray hair from my daughter (who has shining blond hair), imagine my surprise when I tried to remove it to find this 5 inch hair was attached to me!!!!!! Weird! I plucked it, but it keeps growing back. Because it's so light and fine I don't notice it until it;s loooooong too LOL

MandaMom2Three
January 9th, 2011, 05:11 PM
My friend had a REALLY insanely long single arm hair, and her arms were near hair free naturally. It was also blonde (she was a brunette) and we named it Samuel (for no apparent reason...)

:rollin:ROTFLOL!! :lol:Haha, maybe I should name mine XD

Oz
January 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7012&pictureid=92921

trying to get this picture to work... argh

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7012&pictureid=92921

I have one of those arm hairs.. its white/blond too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hg7viMvJUqg/S0Dn4IujrxI/AAAAAAAAA9I/zWmPRLP4vdQ/s1600-h/S6006429.jpg

lw8666
January 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
This is really weird and embarrassing but I'll share it anyways... Lol. I always grow this single blonde hair on my chest and for some reason in grows about an inch long. It's right above my cleavage area. My boyfriend always spots it and pulls it out. We get a laugh out of it, but yes, hair is weird sometimes.

Bonkers57
January 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I have two hairs in my right eyebrow that I have to trim with scissors or they'll grow close to an inch! :laugh:

omnivore
January 9th, 2011, 06:00 PM
don't know why it happens, but it does! i have a mole on my arm that produces a wavy black hair that grows to about an inch long. there is a follicle on my jawline that grows hair like crazy! it's a single baby fine strand and got to four inches :bigeyes: before i noticed it the first time and yanked it out. then there's the chin whiskers! they don't grow very long, but man are they dark and bristley! i have a cousing who has a birthmark on her scalp and consequently has a quarter sized piece of hair that is snowy white while the rest of her hair is light brown.

Wanderer09
January 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I've got a hair on my arm that grows about 3 inches longer than the others. I think it's kind of cool! Then there's the mole on my right hand that sprouts three dark hairs. 0_o

littlenvy
January 9th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have two hairs in my right eyebrow that I have to trim with scissors or they'll grow close to an inch! :laugh:
^5
Left eyebrow for me. Got his one white hair that I clocked at 2" at one point. I have no idea how long it would have grown ... I just couldn't take it hanging there over my eye LOL , so now I pull it as soon as I see it.

chelseamichelle
January 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I have a single very long hair on my upper arm, it's weird cause that area just has peach fuzz that's barely visible. I pull it out and it grows back every time :shrug:

manderly
January 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I have that too. In several spots. I think it's just a wonky follicle.

I have a little mole on my thigh, which grows a thin, long brown hair that I can pluck. I get 3 little whiskers (pokey like a man's beard) growing out of a scar on my chin that I need to pluck. 1 is blonde and the other 2 are brown.

Every blue moon I get 1 golden, silky blonde hair (almost invisible) that grows out the side of the bridge of my nose. A gentle tug and it's gone.

Drynwhyl
January 9th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I have one on the side of my chin that occasionally grows long, it's completely transparent and very easy to pull out. It grows rarely, and I like to cultivate it to see how long it will grow :D
My best friend calls it my "stress hair" because for some reason she thinks it grows when I'm stressed.
My BF has a few moles that sprout a couple of hairs, they're cute :P
But I also saw this woman once, she had a HUGE mole (like 4x4inches) on her leg which grew hair all over it and it looked like a weird icky furry animal was climbing her xD

mira-chan
January 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I have a very fine light hair that occasionally grows out of the bottom of my earlobe and another of the same on my collar bone. I haven't had one in a while but they have reappeared a couple of times before.

Speedbump
January 9th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I had a single long hair on my upper arm for a while. I kept plucking it and I *think* it hasn't come back. It's darker than the surrounding hairs but very fine. I also have one on the left side of my face near my jawline that is thick and dark and it grows at least to an inch. That's the longest I've ever let it get before plucking it out. :lol:

Allychan
January 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
My mum used to get one of these on her arm, she could wrap it around her forearm.
It's called an Emu hair. Dunno why though?

Kaeita
January 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I have a pigmented chicken pox scar on the side of my knee that grows a long, black hair every 3 months or so. I pluck it when I notice it. I also get one black hair on the point of my chin, and one on my belly, very weird. Other than that, my hairs are mostly well-behaved!

kschr2004
January 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I have a few of these. They are pretty much concentrated on my moles. According to an article I just read online, moles develop because a cluster of cells group together with the skin tissue surrounding them. This unusual cell growth can encourage the hair follicle or follicles under the mole to grow excessively.

The article also mentioned that the presence of hair in a mole that has been present since birth, also known as a congenital mole, is almost always a sign that the mole is benign, meaning non-cancerous. I never knew that!

leoninnu
January 10th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I have one light hair on my chin. It has been about 2 inches long at it's best but it's so fine that it usually gets "rubbed" away by jacket collars, scarfs etc. I call it my beardy :p Then there used to be one right between my eyebrows but I kept plucking it and it hasn't grown back in years anymore.

Then I have one almost jet black hair in my right eyebrow. I have very light eyebrows, almost white so it stands out if I rub my eyes and mess the eyebrow in the process. Normally it's pretty well covered though since my brows are thick :eyebrows: Lastly I have at least two dark brown hairs with deep red shine in my head of fine, copper hair. They're very coarse and thick, like horses mane or fishing line. I actually tried to pull them out when I first found them, thinking they were some synthetic strand that had gotten in my hair from somewhere. They don't look much like real hair at all.

JaneinMarch
January 10th, 2011, 05:32 AM
When I was in the 3rd grade, I had a white hair growing out of my chin. It was a few times longer than the peach fuzz that's normally there, but still not very noticeable. Though on picture day at school that year, the photographer must have caught it because he came over and plucked it right out before taking my picture!