PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Flogging Molly...

Monkey962
January 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
...sometime in February, and it'll be the first real concert I've ever been to.:D I'm going with one of my buddies who went last year, and he said it was the best concert he'd ever been to. Anyway, what should I do with my hair? Normally when I do anything physical, I braid it, and fold it up as many times as I can with elastics. I was thinking of doing the same thing and then wearing a hat over that.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Drynwhyl
January 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Dunno, I think the hat may be too much? When I go to concerts (and I know I'll jump around and get it tangled) I just make a braid or twin braids and that's enough.

Xandergrammy
January 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I vote for twin braids.

This post made me very wistful. I heard a song the other day that reminded me that my first concert was 40 years ago, when I was 15 (and it was Traffic and Tracy Nelson and Mother Earth in case anyone was wondering). :gabigrin:

kwaniesiam
January 9th, 2011, 10:43 AM
A braid or two, and unless you want to get rather physical I'd avoid the front and middle of the crowd.

HintOfMint
January 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
They're my favorite band, so all I can say is, LUCKY!!!

Oh and braids, the audience can get a bit mosh-y. :(

firefly42
January 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
again, braids, and if your hair is long enough you can wrap them around your hair crown style if you want them further contained...I love Flogging Molly! Have fun!

silverjen
January 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Oo, I've seen them. You're going to have so much fun! Wear shoes that you can jump up and down in for long periods of time, because they are going to keep you moving!

FluffSpider
January 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Messy bun?:d

looniac
January 9th, 2011, 12:28 PM
If you want to participate in the mosh pit (don't know if their concerts are still like that... they were 8 years ago when I was going to their concerts) definitely do something to secure your hair well.

And have fun!

Monkey962
January 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'm kind of against twin braids, because they make me look rather girly, and I've never been able to make any that aren't in some way uncomfortable (probably as a result of my never doing them). My reasoning for the hat is simply extra protection, but I can see it being overkill.

kwaniesiam
January 10th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm kind of against twin braids, because they make me look rather girly, and I've never been able to make any that aren't in some way uncomfortable (probably as a result of my never doing them). My reasoning for the hat is simply extra protection, but I can see it being overkill.

The hat is definitely overkill but you could do a single english or french braid and put a bandanna over it.

Monsterkitti
January 10th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Great band, I wish they'd come back over to the UK more often :)

I usually wear my hair in a bun or braids for gigs, anything that keeps it out of mine and other peoples faces and keeps it safe :) Oh and I dont wear sticks for gigs where Im jumping around a lot, I usually use mini claw clips just cause they arent as likely to fall out and get lost.