PDA

View Full Version : White Dots

Avital88
January 9th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I just had a full inch trim and still noticing some white dots so i s&d'd all morning to get rid of those annoying dots but i'm affraid they will return. So does anybody knows what causes them?

TIA x

chrissy-b
January 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM
HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79)is an article Nightshade wrote all about damage. It includes photos and a description of those 'white dots.'

Aveyronnaise
January 9th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I just had a full inch trim and still noticing some white dots so i s&d'd all morning to get rid of those annoying dots but i'm affraid they will return. So does anybody knows what causes them?

TIA x
I don't know but I am some what in the same boat , I just got a trim after a long time and i am wondering if the dreaded dots are going to come back.
I am also wondering if the dots are sort of indicating that the hair is damaged to a certain point?

Avital88
January 9th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks Chrissy B!
And Aveyronnaise im also worried about the damage being worse than its showing now. I didnt had a trim for 8 months and that was the thirs time in a row of long time no trimming.
I used to color and heatstyle regular and a year ago i heatstyled like everyday, so it might be that too :( it depresses me, i keep on s&ding..

annieangel149
January 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
omg! i sooo feel your pain! i was s&ding today too! arghhhh! why the hell did i mess my hair up with years of perms! im such an idiot! the perms have destroyed my ends! im s sad! and im too terrified to go get a trim! :(

annieangel149
January 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79)is an article Nightshade wrote all about damage. It includes photos and a description of those 'white dots.'

im too scared to look at that...... just incase! arghhh! i just want healthy long hair! feeling down about my hair today :(

LaurelSpring
January 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM

This always freaks me out and scares me straight :scared:

pepperminttea
January 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
If you did the trim yourself, your scissors might be blunt?

reverie24
January 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Ugh I've read that article 2 or 3 times now and just cringe the whole time with a terrified look on my face!

I hate the white dots too, I have a lot near my ends. I wish theyd just disappear and I wish I had always taken good care of my hair :(

Aveyronnaise
January 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
So, I am checking in after the first trim in over a year and a half and the white dots seem to be mostly gone. I think I was causing a lot of them by using dull scissors. I even had my scissors sharpened so, i think new ones are in order.
They probably just aren't that great of quality.
And yes, that article fills with with hair shame.