PDA

View Full Version : What to do when sick in bed? Invent a new braid of course.

Qamar
January 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I've been laid up in bed all day today thanks to the plague one of my co-workers shared. I've read, napped, watched TV, napped some more and of course, coughed up a few dozen lungs. Boredom set in to further the ugh of plague. Solution? Create a new braid! I call it the eleven strand plague braid. :) It makes a very pretty textural bun as well.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=92871

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=92871

CaityBear
January 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM
That looks really cool!! :)

I hope you're feeling better soon. I got sick from somebody at Christmas (we had Christmas on New Years Day and at least 10 other family members also got sick at the exact same time as me) and on the night of the 2nd I started throwing up, did so for 5 hours before my boyfriend came home and found me and took me to the hospital to spend the night there on IV. I've NEVER spent the night in hospital and haven't even gone to a doctor since I was about 10 so it was not a very nice beginning to the new year. lol But it's going to get better!!!

Qamar
January 8th, 2011, 10:31 PM
it was not a very nice beginning to the new year. lol But it's going to get better!!!

I wsoulde say thats a rough start to the new year! Are you fully recovered now?
I'm on my way to knee as well!

McFearless
January 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Aw I hope you feel better soon! I just got over a cold myself. Your braid looks great. I'll try to copy it sometime. :p Your colour is to die for also.

maria_asa
January 9th, 2011, 01:39 AM
That is a lovely braid indeed.
I hope you'll get well soon.

TinaDenali
January 9th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Very lovely braid! I like the look. It looks very Celtic. :)

I ALSO was sick! About noon on New Years Day I got hit with a stomach bug that had me in bed for five days! I lost 10 pounds in the first 48 hours alone! Pretty crazy. I've never been so sick in my life. I'm very glad to not be sick anymore. Today was the first day I haven't crapped my brains out. :D

Dragon
January 9th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Looks cool :) hope you feel better soon.

serious
January 9th, 2011, 02:17 AM
The eleven strand plague braid- I love it! :)

arc691
January 9th, 2011, 03:02 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/1_bigone110.gif

trillcat
January 9th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Got me beat, my sick hair is the " "Oh crap I did not braid it and now just dont care as I fall asleep and uh oh, this is not going to be fun to comb out cat hair , nape of neck snarls!" Cat looks on, " My Human IS Lying! I never sleep on her head!" "No cat hair!"
*Hey, you, human, Hey, hey hey, You might want to braid that "
I do lovessss you and will now, um. I mean never, sleep way smushed up on you, geting up to pee may be an option, but not really, I care for my sick human! Big (little) nose in face, a sure cure you sick
Human! Did I mention I will attack your hair band while you sleep? No? Shhh, you sleep now, no need to fuss, I will go get you some soup.

Lostsoule77
January 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM
It looks gorgeous and complicated! I hope you feel better soon.

Qamar
January 10th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Awwww. Kitty love when you are sick does help make it better. When I'm feeling better I'll do a plague braid tutorial. Its not really hard at all.

owlathena
January 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
I just started feeling sick this afternoon and now its full-blown congestion/cough/headache hell. I hope you get better soon!!! (and do that tutorial, so I have something to occupy myself with while stuck in bed...)

LHC100
January 22nd, 2011, 01:03 AM
Drat that I can't see pictures, yet. But that sounds... complicated. Ha.

walterSCAN
January 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Got me beat, my sick hair is the " "Oh crap I did not braid it and now just dont care as I fall asleep and uh oh, this is not going to be fun to comb out cat hair , nape of neck snarls!" Cat looks on, " My Human IS Lying! I never sleep on her head!" "No cat hair!"
*Hey, you, human, Hey, hey hey, You might want to braid that "
I do lovessss you and will now, um. I mean never, sleep way smushed up on you, geting up to pee may be an option, but not really, I care for my sick human! Big (little) nose in face, a sure cure you sick
Human! Did I mention I will attack your hair band while you sleep? No? Shhh, you sleep now, no need to fuss, I will go get you some soup.

Bwahahahaha!! I love this... and my cat crawled across my computer to sit in my lap while I was reading it, of course.

Qamar, I love the plague braid! Definitely interested in a tutorial when you get a chance...

spidermom
January 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Wow - impressive braid. My fingers hurt just looking at it.

I'm miserable sick with a cold right now, mostly manifest by mouth-breathing.

Qamar
January 23rd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Tomorrow we are shooting the photos for the plague braid tutorial. It's not as hard as it looks, honestly.

milagro
January 23rd, 2011, 01:16 AM
Gosh it looks really elaborate :thud: And what a gorgeous hair color!

Purdy Bear
January 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Looks like a great braid! Hope your feeling better very soon. I cant wait for the tutorial.

Anywhere
January 23rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Looks pretty. I like your hair color. :D

Can't wait for the tutorial! ;)

fairy_ends_girl
January 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Lovely braid! I am so braid crazy lately but the only braid I can do is the basic 3 stranded braid! Oh well, maybe someday I will learn. Glad you're feeling better :)

Qamar
January 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
The tutorial is up. :)

Its located at http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=64199