PDA

View Full Version : My hair progress!

einna
January 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi :) I thought I would share my hair health progress. I got interested in hair care about 8 months ago, and it escalated about a month ago, when I found LHC. you can see the result in my freshly made signature picture.

Starting point:
- Dry hair. Looked and felt like straw.
- Tapered ends. Never got below APL.
- 1/4 virgin. (Growing out reddish brown fading dye.)
- Lack of protein and moisture.
- Lots of layers, ear to almost APL.

Routine: Shampoo twice, condition (every other day). Mousse/gel and scrunch. Mostly airdry, sometimes blowdry or flat iron. Hairspray. Never did any treatments.

Now:
- Shine!! Looks and feels healthier.
- Thicker ends.
- Less dryness (but still some at the ends).
- 3/4 virgin.
- Longer layers, shoulder to APL.

Routine (still experimenting): CWC twice a week, DTs, leave ins, oils, gentle treatment (no hairspray or heat) ect.

Now I am trying to find a routine and products to get my hair as healthy as it can be, and I need to start learning protective updoes.
I am also starting to grow for real! Wish me luck.

PS: I would love to hair about your health journey. :)

McFearless
January 8th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I love posts like these. Great progress! Your hair is so shiny now.

Dragon
January 9th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Im gald you have found what works. It sounds like a big improvement :)

Ishje
January 9th, 2011, 01:24 AM
that sounds great! it is wonderful to see such significant changes isn't it?

einna
January 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
that sounds great! it is wonderful to see such significant changes isn't it?

yeah! It is really great!
I love looking at old pictures, because since the change has come slowly, I notice the difference more clearly.

Lostsoule77
January 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I can really see the difference in shine between the two photos! That is great. It seems like you're def. on the right track and hopefully you can get your routine down and continue growing your beautiful, healthy hair. :)

Now I just have to go start finding a routine of my own. Seeing all these progress posts I need to start mine. :)

Joliebaby
January 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Great progress post! It always amazes me to see dyed vs. natural hair next to each other and the natural is always so shiny and lustrous compared to the dyed hair. I need this kind of inspiration to keep from dyeing my hair... which I'm tempted to, all the time, though I haven't done it in 6 months :D
You have a good foundation now to grow from!!!!!

Lori1965
January 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Your hair looks great!
You give me hope for my straw...I mean hair.

Gumball
January 9th, 2011, 11:12 PM
You definitely have some excellent progress. If that shine is any indicator, your hair is really happy for the changes you've made. I hope everything continues to get even better! Good luck on your growth!

einna
January 10th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks for answering guys :) It is really good to feel like I have achieved something hair wise, as it has been on my mind for a loong time, but havent gotten much longer :)

Right now I am trying the no sulfates or cone regime. Exited to see if my hair will like it.

einna
January 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Your hair looks great!
You give me hope for my straw...I mean hair.

Thanks!
This is actually the first time ever that my hair has shine. Even when I was a kid it was dry!

So have hope :D

hibiscus
January 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
That's really good progress, so much healthier looking, and the length you're at is a real inspiration to me - that's my first mini goal.