PDA

View Full Version : A BIG TRIM ( pictures)

Tia2010
January 8th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I have been debating trimming away my layers I had that were just not very well done. So ...I went ahead and just got them cut off :) She took about 4 or more inches off so now I only have one real layer left at the bottom and its only about an inch so it should be grown out soon enough. I miss the length but I'm glad I did it . Now I wont keep staring at them thinking "I hate these layers ! I'm back up to about APL now. The layers are hard to see in my picture but most of the bottom was heavily layered. (p.s. my hairs a little wonky from sleeping on it :) )

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Tiablueeyez/Hair%20journey/004-1.jpghttp://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/Tiablueeyez/Hair%20journey/6171ce23.jpg

christine1989
January 8th, 2011, 04:06 PM
It turned out great! It looks much thicker without all those layers.

einna
January 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Looks very good!

*Seraphina*
January 8th, 2011, 04:21 PM
It looks much thicker, good choice!

lapushka
January 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
It looks a little past APL to me. You'll be back at BSL in no time. It looks nice! I know the feeling of only having one layer left to grow out - it's great. :D

Sammich
January 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Nice, you didn't like your layers? I personally loved them, but hey. Your hair is gorgeous either way! Nice job. :) I cut my waist, almost hip length hair to shoulder length within 3 months because I was fed up with my super super thin ends! :p

GoddesJourney
January 8th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Wow, your hair is so smooth and chocolatey and amazing!

LisaMonster
January 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wow wow wow your hair is so beautiful! Such amazing shine!

Anywhere
January 8th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Very lovely and thick ends. :D I can't wait until I get to experience the "no more layers!" joy.

Madora
January 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Your hair looks wonderful! Nice and thick. A Mane to be proud of.

Tia2010
January 8th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks all :D I was a little nervous about doing it but after it was done I was happy....no regrets. :cheese:

Sammich... Its not that I don't like layers .. I may even get some long ones in front when my hair reaches goal... but my layers were not done very well. They almost looked like stairs or shelves in my hair :( its hard to tell in the picture but it looked scraggly on the ends because of them.

So now I get to start fresh :D

spidermom
January 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
You have lovely thick hair. After watching a lot of hair grow through pictures, I think that hair ends up looking about the same whether you start out with layers or not because of the shed and regrow cycle. I imagined that my braids would look so pretty and smooth when I got rid of my layers, but nope - I still have 10,001 shorter ends poking out all over the place.

CaliRose
January 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
It really looks great! I know exactly what you mean- I had some "shelf" layers in my hair for a while and they drove me crazy! Unfortunately, they came about from a bad trim after growing out bangs so I had to wait it out (or else cut a *lot* of length). Now I just have a little layering in the front and am much happier.

Dragon
January 9th, 2011, 02:07 AM
It looks great. I'm glad you are happy with it :)

zombinest
January 9th, 2011, 03:49 AM
that was really brave of you! this is something I need to do also..

mrs_coffee
January 9th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Beautiful! Your hair is so shiny and healthy looking.

Henrietta
January 9th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Your ends look so much thicker now! And somehow the difference in length is not that noticeable :) It doesn't look shorter:)

Avital88
January 9th, 2011, 06:04 AM
You are brave! And what a lovely silky hair u have! With these thick ends you will be at bsl soon!

Aerith85
January 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Wow your hair is lovely its so healthy and thick x

Hana
January 9th, 2011, 07:57 AM
It does look thicker... I want to squeeze it. :D

jojo
January 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Looks so much thicker, I personally don't like layers on me that is as they make my hair look too wispy but yours was ok before but I prefer it now.

PiroskaCicu
January 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Wow, I just had to say, your hair is so beautiful, shiny and thick! Great job on the cut, now you can grow without all the layers :).

maxzeen
January 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Your hair looks a lot better now that the layers are gone. I am sure it will be a lot easier to grow out as well. Very pretty!

Lostsoule77
January 9th, 2011, 08:47 AM
It looks really gorgeous either way, but def. looks thicker now. I get wanting the layers gone, especially if they weren't done well. Plus you didn't lose too much length so you can get right back to where you were, but with thicker hair.:D

Joliebaby
January 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Liking and enjoying your hair is always more important than length. You hair looks great!
I am at 29" and have about 4" of layers too but they are blending well and generally look nice, though I prefer blunt ends. Going back to 25" is just not appealing to me so I'll grow to waist and then start trimming off the ends to get rid of the layers, or such is the plan. Though I have to admit I've briefly contemplated on just chopping them off and going back to APL. :D

reverie24
January 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Oh it's so smooth! Looks great.

Tia2010
January 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys :flower:

I really didn't want to lose any length but I would have just hyper focused on how much those ends bugged me and not enjoyed the growing process as much.

It felt nice to put my hair up today and not be taunted by my ends :D

princessp
January 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Beautiful!

Eire
January 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Your hair color is STUNNING! I love it.