PDA

View Full Version : Bangs or no bangs? If so, which kind? picture inside

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi, ladies. So I'm due for my next trim with my hair dresser, and I've been looking into bangs. I wear my hair up 50% of the time, so the babyhairs are annoying (I brushed them out of the way on the picture). I cut bangs 2 years ago and ended up growing them out, but I'm still a little tempted now.
Below are two pictures:
My face shape (I tried to pull everything back and wear no makeup so that you can see it clearly):
http://tinypic.com/m/dgs0hy/1

My hair length (if it has something to do with it):
http://tinypic.com/m/b46scp/1

Do you think I should get bangs? If so, what type of bangs?

Thank you so much! :)

Arya
January 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
You have a perfectly oval face!! Wow, so pretty. Personally, I'd say no bangs, or if your heart is set on them, side bangs. I think straight bangs would look too harsh on your classically beautiful face, but that's just my opinion! Have you tried on some wigs with different bangs? If you get a chance, it could help you decide.

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
You have a perfectly oval face!! Wow, so pretty. Personally, I'd say no bangs, or if your heart is set on them, side bangs. I think straight bangs would look too harsh on your classically beautiful face, but that's just my opinion! Have you tried on some wigs with different bangs? If you get a chance, it could help you decide.

Thank you so much for your opinion and compliment :) It's so sweet of you to say so. My heart is not really set on bangs. I guess most of my friends have bangs, so I just started to wonder whether I should get some too. :)
I will definitely check out wigs. That is such a good idea! Thank you! :)

Tia2010
January 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM

I agree ^^ You have a beautiful face and face shape. I wouldn't do bangs.

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Thank you for your input and compliment :)

Roscata
January 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM

I agree with this statement. :)

GoddesJourney
January 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
The shape of your face looks great with no bangs, so I would go without them. They can get really annoying and take forever to grow out. If the little baby hairs irritate you, thing how annoying all those short hairs will be. Just saying. You would probably also look good with bangs, but I don't feel like you "need" them, if you know what I mean.

Sammich
January 8th, 2011, 03:26 PM
If you do feel the need to try or have bangs, how about fake bangs? I've seen a few on LHC that are so convincing looking! :)

I like your face with no bangs though, it's more open and gorgeous.

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
aww, thank you :)

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 03:39 PM
The shape of your face looks great with no bangs, so I would go without them. They can get really annoying and take forever to grow out. If the little baby hairs irritate you, thing how annoying all those short hairs will be. Just saying. You would probably also look good with bangs, but I don't feel like you "need" them, if you know what I mean.
That's a good point :)

aquadreamer
January 8th, 2011, 03:40 PM
If you do feel the need to try or have bangs, how about fake bangs? I've seen a few on LHC that are so convincing looking! :)

I like your face with no bangs though, it's more open and gorgeous.
I really should try out fake bangs :) thank you! :)

irishlady
January 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Personally I like how your face looks without bangs.
But it's your choice and I'm sure you look nice with bangs too :)

Arya
January 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Thank you so much for your opinion and compliment :) It's so sweet of you to say so. My heart is not really set on bangs. I guess most of my friends have bangs, so I just started to wonder whether I should get some too. :)
I will definitely check out wigs. That is such a good idea! Thank you! :)

Haha, whenever I go to Asian hairdressers they always say "I'm not giving you bangs, bangs are for hiding a bad face shape!" You definitely don't have to hide your face shape, it's very pretty. ^___^

Deborah
January 10th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I agree - skip the bangs.

tinti
January 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Wow, I envy you, you could do almost anything and still look good :) If you really wanted bangs I'd go for the side swept though, there's not that need to trim them every other week and annoyingness when you let them grow a bit too long. And if you decide to cut them shorter you can, but it's a pain in the *** to grow out full blunt ones. Btw, there's probably a zillion tutorials on youtube on how to fake the different types of bangs :)