PDA

View Full Version : Show me your updos!

terrylillyd
January 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I'm at a point with my hair where I just don't know what to do with it. I have two hairstyles, stick straight when it air dries, and with waves when I take it out of a simple french braid that I slept in overnight, which doesn't look too bad. But I don't know what else to do with it :confused: I only wear it down when I am going to a social gathering of some kind. Otherwise, I just kinda want it out of my way, but I still want it to look good to go about my day when I am out of my house.

Please show me your updos and how you did it? I'm hoping to get some cute ideas, and maybe you can get some needed ideas as well.

squintinschool
January 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I have a bunch of braids/updos in my album marked as such, so if you want to take a peek, and ask about how I did a style I'd be glad to help. I'd suggest the serpentine medusa wiggle bun, because although its easy, it looks a lot more complicated than it is. It took me about 30 min to do mine. I would also recommend test running your updo - that way you know how long it takes, and how many pins you need for it to hold.

ETA: Reading comprehension fail. I thought you were looking for fancy updos. Whoops. For everyday stuff, I love braids (I used to mainly do French, and lace braids into a ponytail/small bun, but upon discovering how to do Dutch braids am doing those more and more). Mainly because my hair is too short and thick for buns to work well without an army of pins. Although I really like how they look. Braids can also be really quick but look super fancy - I did two lace Dutch into an English braid for Ukrainian Christmas, and although it took me all of ten minutes to braid, I got compliments on how pretty and complex it looked.

HTH!

Madora
January 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Here is a link to a You Tube tutorial by IsabelleNaturelle on a braided chinese bun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

Very simple and easy to do.

You're cordially invited to view my hair album and see if there's anything in there that appeals to you. I'd be glad to furnish instructions if you see anything you think you'd like to try.